• 3 Post By xoxoxoBruce
  • 1 Post By Autoprof
  • 3 Post By Guzzi Guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

Spare tire

I saw a post where someone said where to purchase a jack, think it was sears. Also gave the information on what rim and tire to purchase. I canít locate the information. Would appreciate the info. Was very helpful. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 08:31 PM
ONE OWNER !!!!
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
Garage
Here's a link to a thread with lots of info !!!!!! Spare Tire A Traiblazer jack would work great I picked up a heavy duty scissor jack from Amazon.

Jim & Sherrie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
James Dean & Misstadoo
"Blessings can be big or small, but be sure to count them allĒ
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 03:50 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 6 spd. BLACK
Cool Jack it up

I went for the aluminum TB wheel.

I usually take the jack that came with SE kit. That and a torque wrench and extension and socket. I have never had to put the spare on thank goodness. I am thinking about putting a newer TPMS kit on that works for up to eight wheels (trailer monitor also) and putting one on the spare.

Sometimes I take the aluminum rolling jack that I got from Harbor Freight if I have room. That way it is easier to jack up The R and take the wheels off to wash them every night on our trips.

IMO

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 06:37 AM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave rasmussen View Post
That way it is easier to jack up The R and take the wheels off to wash them every night on our trips.
Really? Every night?
Garys03SSR, shakatak and PokerGuy like this.

Often wrong...... but never in doubt.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 07:39 AM
SJA
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Silver with 126,000 mi. s#4B109910
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety View Post
I saw a post where someone said where to purchase a jack, think it was sears. Also gave the information on what rim and tire to purchase. I canít locate the information. Would appreciate the info. Was very helpful. Thank you.
I've started making written notes from the many helpful posts on this forum that I might consider in the future. Good News! I, also, am considering my spare situation & I'm happy to share them with you. The post stated to use a 17" Trailblazer as the spare wheel. A 226 60 x17 tire was recommended. A Trolley jack from Sears & a lug wrench. Since I can't remember ever needing a spare & only having the typical "nail in tire-slow leak", I'm thinking about a portable air inflator approach.

Hope that helps,
"SJA"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 08:00 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
Your SSR should come with inflator in box behind drivers seat.
I installed an add on tire pressure monitor that replaces valve cap, a spray bottle of soapy water and a tire plug kit.
I figure I can monitor pressure, if I see starting to drop I can pull off fill it up and if a safe spot find and plug damage or fill up and drive to safe area.
I also have AAA gold for a blowout.
SJA likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 05:51 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'06 Pac Blue FPR auto #23823 build date 03/08/2006 ZR6 Zone Show Vehicle named BluByU
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave rasmussen View Post
I went for the aluminum TB wheel.

I usually take the jack that came with SE kit. That and a torque wrench and extension and socket. I have never had to put the spare on thank goodness. I am thinking about putting a newer TPMS kit on that works for up to eight wheels (trailer monitor also) and putting one on the spare.

Sometimes I take the aluminum rolling jack that I got from Harbor Freight if I have room. That way it is easier to jack up The R and take the wheels off to wash them every night on our trips.

IMO

Dave
I usually just crawl under the R in my skivvies with my handy toothbrush and coffee cup of water and scrub them real good. Just be sure you clean the toothbrush afterwards so you don't get all that grit in your teeth. lol

Dave (the other one)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 04:55 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Smokin Asphalt
Garage
Send a message via AIM to TheXCepsion
I remember the post You are talking about, I added the information on the Jack into my notes. Sears Part Number 9-50523 Jack with a Case. Spare Tire from a TrailBlazer or Envoy, 17X7 225/65-17. Hope this helps.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 07:11 AM
RedHotSSR
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Redline 2004 Purchased 2011 41,000 mi.
Exclamation Max Lift Height

Just make sure that what ever jack you select has enough lift height and doesn't require you jack it up to the MAX. The rear is higher than the front so get a jack that will fit under the lower front and still have enough lift height to lift the rear. NEVER EXTEND A JACK TO MAX LIFT HEIGHT, especially on an uneven surface e.g. side of the road. A medium size floor jack should be fine. A scissor jack's base may not be big enough.

Just my $0.02 worth of experience. "Long may you run"
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 07:59 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Born on 12/23/04, adopted 07/06/16, From KY to CA. Once a farm truck, Now a SoCal cruiser.
Garage
Here is a quote from an old thread on Spare tire kits, pretty much what I use other than I added a tarp and a plug kit.

[QUOTE=ssrman42;1090096]First, let me thank all those members that posted info on spare tire alternatives.
Installed my kit today and it includes: 2003 Envoy aluminum wheel 17X7 with a used 225x60x17 tire = 27.63 inches
Also: chock (handmade), flashlight, gloves, Gojo, tarp, ATD-7462 2 ton scissor jack, plywood board for under jack, Torin Extendable lug wrench, black tire cover. Total cost: $174

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > Wheel and Tire Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in