post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Slingshot Yellow
Garage
Tire Stickers

Great way to personalize your SSR!
I sent Tirestickers.com the SSR logo, asked for the SS in Yellow and the R in Red, 8 stickers, attached is the Proof.
These are stick on letters that last 5000mi. They do have permanent but only in White. They also will do permanent hot vulcanized custom lettering if you get new tires and ship them to them but, that could get pricey.
They have several fonts to pick from for custom lettering, premade tire mfg logos for all size tires such as Goodyear, Nitto, Continental Etc. If you want old school white letter tires get the permanent or stick on mfg. logs for your tires in white. Put red line stripes right on your tires!
They also will accept custom logos as I did with the SSR, great for adding your business Fanatics handle to your tires! This set for me cost $70 incl. tax and shipping. I'll update when I get them and post installed pics.
Greg
https://www.tirestickers.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ssr tire stickers.png
Views:	314
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	430721  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 03:15 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
2006 SSR 3SS 6-Sp Redline Red FPR/Phil Cochran Tune/P&P TB & IT/K&N/Dragon2U Bling/Mike's Stuff.
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Mr. Bill
Cool idea! Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LCC Patch Order Info:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 04:06 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2004-UV
Garage
They look good...saw them 3-4 years ago at the Good Guys car show.....had a friend put them on his classic 67 Nova...(white Mickey Thompson letters) they give that old school look...
vp
GMC T 7500 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 04:14 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2004-UV
Garage
I had this picture on the white letters He has 2 sets on each tire
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	red1.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	430737  

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Slingshot Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoophantom View Post
I had this picture on the white letters He has 2 sets on each tire
HMMMMM....VOODOOPHANTOM would look pretty hot on those Ultraviolet Tires!!
voodoophantom likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 05:24 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2004-UV
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbaehr View Post
HMMMMM....VOODOOPHANTOM would look pretty hot on those Ultraviolet Tires!!

I seriously thought about putting a set on.....and I like the old school look.....but talked my self out of them...

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Slingshot Yellow
Garage
Quote:
I seriously thought about putting a set on.....and I like the old school look.....but talked my self out of them...
I went with 1" Letters so they wont be too ostentatious.
Jersey red likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 06:07 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2004-UV
Garage
Quote:
I went with 1" Letters so they wont be too ostentatious.

Post pic when you get them on...they will look good

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 07:06 AM
Enjoying life as it comes

My SSR:
Originally Smokin Asphalt 03 #00099 now kustom graphics, tu-tone Kandy Lime Green/Pearl White
I looked into these a few days ago.

With all the new tires coming with just black wall and my old school muscle cars look better with solid white letter tires, i wanted to see what it would take to get a set of Mickey Thompson Indy Profile ones. Come to about $130 for the set.

Go fast till you see GOD, THEN HIT THE BRAKES!!!!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Slingshot Yellow
Garage
Well the idea was good but the execution was not. Because I have been using tire dressing on my sidewalls to make them look pretty, I can not get the rubber clean enough for the stickers to adhere. The silicone dressing is part of the sidewall now. These will probably work on new tires before they get dressed or get road grime on them.
I scrubbed the side wall with Acetone and brake cleaner and just could not get it clean, after about 15 hard scrubbings its still leaving black on the cloth and feels greasy. I let it dry and tried one sticker and could not get the backing film off without parts of the sticker. To make matters worse these stickers are very thin rubbery film and easily damaged. I thought they would be much thicker.
This was a $70 experiment!
So, If you want to try these wait until you get new shoes and put them on before they touch the road.
Greg
ggoat!!!, voodoophantom and S2NAZ like this.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 06:54 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2004-UV
Garage
Quote:
Well the idea was good but the execution was not. Because I have been using tire dressing on my sidewalls to make them look pretty, I can not get the rubber clean enough for the stickers to adhere. The silicone dressing is part of the sidewall now. These will probably work on new tires before they get dressed or get road grime on them.
I scrubbed the side wall with Acetone and brake cleaner and just could not get it clean, after about 15 hard scrubbings its still leaving black on the cloth and feels greasy. I let it dry and tried one sticker and could not get the backing film off without parts of the sticker. To make matters worse these stickers are very thin rubbery film and easily damaged. I thought they would be much thicker.
This was a $70 experiment!
So, If you want to try these wait until you get new shoes and put them on before they touch the road.
Greg
Sorry to hear it didn't work...I will see my friend that owns the 67 Red Nova that I posted and ask him... the procedure he used when he applied the letters...I don't know what he is using on his tires for car shows...I have to leave town for 7/8 days..I will contact him when I return.....I know its little to late to help....but may help some one in the future....good or bad..I will try to post something..from his experience

vp

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 07:35 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2004-UV
Garage
@Texasbaehr , I talked to Charlie, yestedray at the car show.....and explained the problem you had with the letters not sticking to the the tires...he also used Acetone and the glue provided with the tire stickers.....light sanding with sand paper to scuff the area up before gluing the letters on......and he uses's white shoe polish to keep the letter a " Bright White ".
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tire stickers.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	434097  

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Slingshot Yellow
Garage
Quote:
@Texasbaehr , I talked to Charlie, yestedray at the car show.....and explained the problem you had with the letters not sticking to the the tires...he also used Acetone and the glue provided with the tire stickers.....light sanding with sand paper to scuff the area up before gluing the letters on......and he uses's white shoe polish to keep the letter a " Bright White ".
If he used Glue then he had the permanent stickers which only come in white. I suspect they work better than the self adhesive temporary ones I bought.
S2NAZ likes this.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > Wheel and Tire Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in