• 2 Post By Scott 0168

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Went to Discount Tire to purchase my Continental Extreme Contact 315/35x20 50,000 mile warranty @$287.00 ea. Not available, called Continental they said not available till maybe October. Called other tire stores and no one has them. Bought Nitto Motivo $62.00 cheaper each with 60,000 mile warranty Discount tire warranty on tires that can't be rotated front to back, back to front is half. Anyone running these Nitto's. Sales person praised them. Robert
Jersey red and sillypuddy like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 05:48 PM
Ms Donna's Driver
Supporting Member

Location: beside the tracks of the "Wabash Cannonball" along the banks of the "Wabash River" Indiana

My SSR:
'04 Ricochet Silver and then along came. SINISTER
I just purchased 2 Continentals extreme contact 295/40x20s DWS06 sport plus from local Goodyear dealer
Not your size but had them in the warehouse.

But I didn’t need the larger tire size to carry all the bling that you carry
Jersey red likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EVERY MILE IS MAGIC

I used to be indecisive
But now I'm just not sure
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 05:56 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Black 03, Vin#0168, License Plate-"DRMRIDE". Florida "Snowbird"
I was told 2 weeks ago they were available when I called my local Discount Tire store!

Jersey red likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott 0168 View Post
I was told 2 weeks ago they were available when I called my local Discount Tire store!

[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/images/smilies/ssr-black.gif[/IMG] [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG]
If they are available, I'd jump on it. Prices are going to go up. Oil prices going up, tire prices go up.
Jersey red likes this.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:02 PM

My SSR:
2005 red six-speed
Found the same to be true on the 315/35-20 Conti dws06, not available anywhere I could find online or off. Ended up getting TOYO Proxes 4Plus in that size from tirebuyer.com. Rumored to be made in the USA. Have them mounted but have not installed yet, polishing the chrome wheels while they are off! They have a nice asymmetric tread style, not directional, and XL load rating plus a wear rating of 560 I believe. They are also available in the 255/40-19 size I plan to install on the front. I found that if you want to match tires front and rear you must find a manufacturer and style manufactured and currently produced in both sizes you want! Goodboots on the front are almost new(I didn't put them there) so I am going to run them a bit longer.
Tuckerred1948
Jersey red and SWT RYD like this.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:55 PM
Ms Donna's Driver
Supporting Member

Location: beside the tracks of the "Wabash Cannonball" along the banks of the "Wabash River" Indiana

My SSR:
'04 Ricochet Silver and then along came. SINISTER
Contenital has available 255/45-19 and 295/40-20 DWS06 Extreme Contact Sport Plus in the same tread design.

Just Say'n
Jersey red likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EVERY MILE IS MAGIC

I used to be indecisive
But now I'm just not sure
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:16 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Well I pulled the trigger today and ordered 4 Continental Tires for the R from Discount Tire. Never had a problem with the Goodyears! Just thought I would try something different!

Marc NY and Jersey red like this.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerred1948 View Post
Found the same to be true on the 315/35-20 Conti dws06, not available anywhere I could find online or off. Ended up getting TOYO Proxes 4Plus in that size from tirebuyer.com. Rumored to be made in the USA. Have them mounted but have not installed yet, polishing the chrome wheels while they are off! They have a nice asymmetric tread style, not directional, and XL load rating plus a wear rating of 560 I believe. They are also available in the 255/40-19 size I plan to install on the front. I found that if you want to match tires front and rear you must find a manufacturer and style manufactured and currently produced in both sizes you want! Goodboots on the front are almost new(I didn't put them there) so I am going to run them a bit longer.
Tuckerred1948
Hey Tuckerred. Tell us a little about yourself and your truck. Yes I tried hi and low to find Conti's in 315/35x20 and no luck. From past experience someone is going to chime in and say they can get them by the dozens. That's just the way it is. What are you running on the front. By the way, with running different brands don't go to Springfield, Ill. If the SSR tire patrol sees a SSR he will track you down and ask WHY. Welcome to the Family. As you can see we (at least some of us) are a little on the off the wall side. Robert
Jersey red likes this.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Quote:
Well I pulled the trigger today and ordered 4 Continental Tires for the R from Discount Tire. Never had a problem with the Goodyears! Just thought I would try something different!

What sizes?
Jersey red likes this.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:50 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWT RYD View Post
What sizes?
19" 255/45-19
20" 295/40-20

Jersey red likes this.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:33 PM
Perfectionist
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 REDLINE, lowered frnt an rear, tucked an lowered boards by me, chrome package, chrom wheels
Quote:
Hey Tuckerred. Tell us a little about yourself and your truck. Yes I tried hi and low to find Conti's in 315/35x20 and no luck. From past experience someone is going to chime in and say they can get them by the dozens. That's just the way it is. What are you running on the front. By the way, with running different brands don't go to Springfield, Ill. If the SSR tire patrol sees a SSR he will track you down and ask WHY. Welcome to the Family. As you can see we (at least some of us) are a little on the off the wall side. Robert
Robert is more than a little off the wall! D
SWT RYD likes this.

You come in, in diapers. And you go out in diapers.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 07:20 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
2006 #107 of 199 Smokin Asphalt FPR's bought 6-18-2014; Kathy's '04 Ultra Violet Bought 2-1-'17
Garage
@tuckerred1948 , Since SWT RYD started it in post #8, and it is his thread----Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

--Also if you haven't yet, go to "FORUMS", "SSRFanatics News & Polls", click "New Member section", click "Post New Thread" and introduce Yourself!!

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy
SWT RYD likes this.

Nick '06 Smokin Asphalt FPR & Kathy '04 Ultra Violet
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 08:04 PM

My SSR:
2005 red six-speed
Hey SWT RYD. Truck is a red 2005 version. We live in Tucker, Ga. thus the moniker. Front tires are relatively new replacements of the original GOODYEARS put on by previous owner. Rears were also original style & size but slap worn to the air in the middle, dangerous. Hate to just chunk the fronts, but probably will before long. I just did that when I went to a different wheel+tire size, 17x9.5" vette rims w/275/40-17 to replace original 16x8.0" rims w/255/50-16(yeah I know that's not original tire size) on my '99 Z-28 camaro. 16" tires are like new, but old! I will update my info before long, this is a learning experience, but I believe a valuable one if you plan to own an SSR. By the way I have the new TOYOs and freshly polished wheels on the truck and I like that combo. As I mentioned before will go with 255/40-19 version same tire on the front, hoping it will pass muster with the SSR tire patrol.Thanks, Tuckerred1948
nj6969 and SWT RYD like this.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerred1948 View Post
Hey SWT RYD. Truck is a red 2005 version. We live in Tucker, Ga. thus the moniker. Front tires are relatively new replacements of the original GOODYEARS put on by previous owner. Rears were also original style & size but slap worn to the air in the middle, dangerous. Hate to just chunk the fronts, but probably will before long. I just did that when I went to a different wheel+tire size, 17x9.5" vette rims w/275/40-17 to replace original 16x8.0" rims w/255/50-16(yeah I know that's not original tire size) on my '99 Z-28 camaro. 16" tires are like new, but old! I will update my info before long, this is a learning experience, but I believe a valuable one if you plan to own an SSR. By the way I have the new TOYOs and freshly polished wheels on the truck and I like that combo. As I mentioned before will go with 255/40-19 version same tire on the front, hoping it will pass muster with the SSR tire patrol.Thanks, Tuckerred1948
That explains the Handle. Been to Stone Mountain several times. I'm going to start new thread in New members.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:07 PM
My First Permagrin !

My SSR:
05 #18193 chrome wheels ,carpet kit , boards , gauge pack , sc tuner and a ton of mikes stuff
Garage
Quote:
What sizes?
Hi Robert, Eveyone
Wow I'm glad I picked up my new continental DWS06 in November.
255-40-19
315-35-20
I only waited 2 days for delivery .
On my trip from NJ to Florida and back they ran flawlessly , great traction ,better ride .
I drove in some torrential Florida downpours and didn't miss a beat .
Good luck and let us know how you like the new tires .
Dave
SWT RYD likes this.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 06:21 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Quote:

Had 4 new Continental's installed on my R this week! All ready for Maggie Valley and the International Rally in Branson, Mo.!

Marc NY and Aqua2005 like this.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 06:41 PM
Administrator

My SSR:
SSR 04 PEDIGREE SSR Photo History w/ 1st Aux. Gauge Package released for Production. #9684
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Marc NY
Quote:
Had 4 new Continental's installed on my R this week! All ready for Maggie Valley and the International Rally in Branson, Mo.!

Hey Scott, can you post a couple of photos to show how they look and what the tread looks like too?

Thanks,

Marc

Oh yes Scott, I am looking forward to UAW/GM's contract and hopefully I will retire sometime shortly after it is ratified.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Chrome in and out, OH SO Orange stripes w/"warp speed" air brushed door accents.
Looks like it's also time for a "new pair of shoes" for my SSR.
I last replaced the tires on it just before the Flagstaff, AZ rally in 2011.

At that time the OEM's (Goodyear) were not available so I went with General Grabbers.

Looks like I'll also go with the Continentals this time.

As long as they're round and don't sound like an off-road mud buggy I'll be happy!

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...Contact+DWS+06
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM
SSR Believer
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Aqua Blur
Our R had a new set of Continental Extreme Contact 06 DWS Tuned when we bought it. They ride smooth, handle very well with very little road noise. Drove it home in driving rain from Seattle to northern Oregon coast and it pretty much felt glued to the road.

The previous owner said he had a heck of a time finding anything that would fit locally. Discount Tire apparently was able to get these (last November)...

245/45 ZR19 Front

295/40 ZR20 Rear

So far they seem great!

Cheers,

Rich

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > Wheel and Tire Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in