Wheel and tire package to fit 2004 SSR - Chevy SSR Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Auggie Doggie

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Wheel and tire package to fit 2004 SSR

Looking for chrome spoke style 20 front 22 rear to fit my truck. Currently has 20 all around. Not appealing.

A set of original wheels if anyone knows where I can find?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 05:20 PM
BAD BOW TIE
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Turner View Post
Looking for chrome spoke style 20 front 22 rear to fit my truck. Currently has 20 all around. Not appealing.

A set of original wheels if anyone knows where I can find?
Originals are 19 front and 20 rear and can be either Chrome or the Silvertone color. 6 lug is the problem. I like the stock chrome myself. You can have custom wheels built for you but they are $7000 and up. Happy hunting.
voodoophantom likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

God Bless and Keep on Truckin,
Auggie Doggie <><
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 06:54 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Silver on Black TVS2300 supercharged FPR 6 speed 4:10 #23387
Garage
Several manufacturers can build you billet wheels in 20s and 22s. You can get a great wheel for a lot less than 7K. You would need to pick a style that has a hub that can be built with either 5 or 6 holes without cutting into the spokes.

My one-off wheels in 19 and 20 were about $3K. Lots of good production wheels in the 3 - 4K range.

The only error I made was going with the manufacturer's recommendation of the button style valve stems. Terrible design, and fortunately I was able to get some short ATV chrome valve stems that just clear the front caliper.

I found this old thread from when I first installed the wheels on my 03.

https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f4/new-wheels-4246/

I would recommend staying with billet aluminum wheels. They are more work to maintain than chrome, but it you curb a chrome wheel, it's game over. An aluminum wheel is very easy to repair.

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

00567 Slingshot May 04 - March 06
Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09
24092 Pac Blue Nov 07 - Oct 08
Sig #12 Aug 2008 - Aug 2010

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 07:20 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Silver on Black TVS2300 supercharged FPR 6 speed 4:10 #23387
Garage
There are multiple manufacturers of 20 and 22 inch wheels . Here are examples from Budnik. I'm not a fan of 6 spoke wheels but some of these 6 bolt hubs look OK.

https://www.budnik.com/six-lug-series-wheels

Scroll down the page to see the many sizes available. You're probably looking for a 9 inch front and a 10 inch rear. The 10 inch can easily handle a 315 tire.

Just a starting point. You have to be patient. Most resellers will try to get you to pick a wheel based on vehicle. Impossible to work that way, so best to search for the many manufacturers, find something you like, and call them for a price.

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

00567 Slingshot May 04 - March 06
Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09
24092 Pac Blue Nov 07 - Oct 08
Sig #12 Aug 2008 - Aug 2010

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:28 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 #107 of 199 Smokin Asphalt FPR's bought 6-18-2014; Kathy's '04 Ultra Violet Bought 2-1-'17
Garage
Ronnie Turner, I din't know about the wheels, i"m an original parts guy. Also----Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

--Also if you haven't yet, go to "FORUMS", "SSRFanatics News & Polls", click "New Member section", click "Post New Thread" and introduce Yourself!!

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy

Nick '06 Smokin Asphalt FPR & Kathy '04 Ultra Violet
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 06:29 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 Red
Hello from New Jersey
I have a spare set of original rims that I purchase from Dictator a couple of years ago , so I could get my original rim forced balanced and powdered coated. It took a couple of months to complete but they are really looking good and very easy to keep clean.
The only down fall with shipping (2) 19 and (2) 20 inch rims is the cost and they are not light so let me know, will have to get to see what they are worth and the shipping cost, so if you are interested let me know and I will do some more investigating into prices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > Wheel and Tire Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in