• 2 Post By QWKSSR
  • 2 Post By nj6969
  • 2 Post By QWKSSR

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Perfectionist
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 REDLINE, lowered frnt an rear, tucked an lowered boards by me, chrome package, chrom wheels
GAME CHANGER! Chrome center cap!

Ok, here is the cheap repo cap with the Bowtie installed. I took the bowties I removed yesterday from my satin caps during breakfast, and spray painted one gold, with a can I just had on the shelf.. Here is the bowtie just setting on the repo cap not even glued down. WOW! I think they look pretty authentic now. This gets us one step closer to a replacement chrome cap that wont break the bank! That concludes my experiment for now. Chapter two in center cap experiments to follow at a later date. What do you guys think? D

Damn pictures turned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1007.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	545087   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1008.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	545089  

You come in, in diapers. And you go out in diapers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 10:52 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Do you have product liability, do you have a degree in Product Design, were there any illegal people used in production. If not you're the man.
Mr. Bill, CruDawg and BROKER03 like this.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 01:48 PM
BLU SSR
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur and 05 Red
Hey Dino,
Since you have the Bowtie separated from the cap undamaged, have you contacted anyone to reproduce them with a 3-d printer? Also you might contact Mike to see if he wants to borrow one, (since the availability of a undamaged one was his problem) to see if he could get them reproduced. In any case, Good Job, I'm way to chicken to play with my OEMs!!
Jim
BlueStreak, Mr. Bill and BROKER03 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 05:04 PM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFATGUY View Post
Ok, here is the cheap repo cap with the Bowtie installed. I took the bowties I removed yesterday from my satin caps during breakfast, and spray painted one gold, with a can I just had on the shelf.. Here is the bowtie just setting on the repo cap not even glued down. WOW! I think they look pretty authentic now. This gets us one step closer to a replacement chrome cap that wont break the bank! That concludes my experiment for now. Chapter two in center cap experiments to follow at a later date. What do you guys think? D

Damn pictures turned.
There was a guy that sold after market caps , plain or with the emblems on them or you could just buy the emblems. He was on E-bay and this Forum. Would eliminate all the hard work. Either research who or where he can be contacted or maybe someone remembers him. They were excellent looking and not very expensive as I recall.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

God Bless and Keep on Truckin,
Auggie Doggie <><
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Perfectionist
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 REDLINE, lowered frnt an rear, tucked an lowered boards by me, chrome package, chrom wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSReplay View Post
Hey Dino,
Since you have the Bowtie separated from the cap undamaged, have you contacted anyone to reproduce them with a 3-d printer? Also you might contact Mike to see if he wants to borrow one, (since the availability of a undamaged one was his problem) to see if he could get them reproduced. In any case, Good Job, I'm way to chicken to play with my OEMs!!
Jim
Have not but that may be a good idea. D

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Perfectionist
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie Doggie View Post
There was a guy that sold after market caps , plain or with the emblems on them or you could just buy the emblems. He was on E-bay and this Forum. Would eliminate all the hard work. Either research who or where he can be contacted or maybe someone remembers him. They were excellent looking and not very expensive as I recall.
Hmmmmm, Good to know, I have seen some on ebay with the raised bowtie, they look pretty darn good, I actually got the measurements of that bowite from a member. But the bowtie is too small, but still better than a sticker for sure. I got the plain repo caps with my wheels from chrome concepts. Removed my old satin bowties during breakfast in the shop the other morning, not a lot of work at all, just doing what I do..... Tinkering. But..... If there is a guy that sells the right size bowtie, that sure would be nice! D

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 08:43 PM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
Quote:
Hmmmmm, Good to know, I have seen some on ebay with the raised bowtie, they look pretty darn good, I actually got the measurements of that bowite from a member. But the bowtie is too small, but still better than a sticker for sure. I got the plain repo caps with my wheels from chrome concepts. Removed my old satin bowties during breakfast in the shop the other morning, not a lot of work at all, just doing what I do..... Tinkering. But..... If there is a guy that sells the right size bowtie, that sure would be nice! D

Here you go. I found the guy. Name is QWKSSR and he makes the gold raised bowties for the caps or any color you want. Check him out.

Wheel Cap Domed bowties with SSR on them
What I have for sale is a set of Domed Bowties for the center caps on the wheels !! i make them in all the colors the SSR's come in , They come in a set of 4 !! Other colors are avalible !! The holiday cost is $21.95 mailed in the us !!
voodoophantom likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Auggie Doggie <><
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Perfectionist
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Quote:
Here you go. I found the guy. Name is QWKSSR and he makes the gold raised bowties for the caps or any color you want. Check him out.

Wheel Cap Domed bowties with SSR on them
What I have for sale is a set of Domed Bowties for the center caps on the wheels !! i make them in all the colors the SSR's come in , They come in a set of 4 !! Other colors are avalible !! The holiday cost is $21.95 mailed in the us !!
Oh ok, I have seen him advertise those. I think they are the poured vinyl style kinda bubble looking? But not sure. Might have to investigate the 3d printer thing. Or send one to Mike, I don't even know if there is anyone here in town that does 3d printing. I will have to look. D

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 09:34 PM

My SSR:
05 RedLine with 1955 Chevy Emblem from tennesseecozydog
Garage
Quote:
Oh ok, I have seen him advertise those. I think they are the poured vinyl style kinda bubble looking? But not sure. Might have to investigate the 3d printer thing. Or send one to Mike, I don't even know if there is anyone here in town that does 3d printing. I will have to look. D
3D printing, check with the library, many of the libraries have 3D printers nowdays.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 03:28 AM
Retired U S Air Force
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 Aqua Blur Metallic 6-SPEED
They look great..
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 09:07 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
BlueBelle
I bought a set from Floyd before he died.

They are metal with gold color and they are fixed to the non oem hubcaps by drilling two small holes in the cap and then using small push-on washers on the wires on the back of the bow tie. I have had them for several years and they look very nice, especially when I clean the car!!!!!

Maybe someone can make them for us.
ggoat!!! likes this.

FROM THE HOME OF THE MERMAIDS

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 09:11 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
BlueBelle
Here is a picture
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190408_105207.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	545161  
ggoat!!! likes this.

FROM THE HOME OF THE MERMAIDS

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 10:25 AM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiles Sport Roadster View Post
Here is a picture
Awesome and a lot less work.

Auggie Doggie <><
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 10:28 AM
BAD BOW TIE

My SSR:
Quote:
I bought a set from Floyd before he died.

They are metal with gold color and they are fixed to the non oem hubcaps by drilling two small holes in the cap and then using small push-on washers on the wires on the back of the bow tie. I have had them for several years and they look very nice, especially when I clean the car!!!!!

Maybe someone can make them for us.
Read post #7 above. He makes what you are talking about. Beats tearing up a set of caps to get the bowtie off.

Auggie Doggie <><
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Perfectionist
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Quote:
Here is a picture
Looks good close to original! D

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Perfectionist
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Quote:
Read post #7 above. He makes what you are talking about. Beats tearing up a set of caps to get the bowtie off.
Auggie, I read post 7 and I sent QWKSSR a pm. I asked for a pic. That may be an option also. But removing the bowties was not a lot of work! hell,I was eating breakfast at the same time! So for now im gonna paint my Original bowties gold and put them on my smooth repo caps (that im not crazy about either) and that will be as close as I can get for now. There is a guy selling repo chrome caps with a raised chrome and gold bowtie, that look pretty darn good too. I mailed him trying to buy just the bowties, to no avail. Im still experimenting. D
Auggie Doggie likes this.

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 05:53 PM
Proud Original Owner

My SSR:
'03 #01155 Painted stripes, Magnaflow, K&N air system, Ported Throttle Body, 4:30 Gears. Custom Tune
Garage
I used QWKSSR's domed gold bow ties on my painted wheels before I got my chrome wheels. They looked nice on there.Get a set and see how they look on the chrome caps.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Gold.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	545189  

RR--Ron & Frieda --- ------I'm on my second cup of coffee and still can't face the day - Gordon Lightfoot
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 06:32 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dog View Post
I used QWKSSR's domed gold bow ties on my painted wheels before I got my chrome wheels. They looked nice on there.Get a set and see how they look on the chrome caps.
They are a little smaller than OE bow ties.
No need to wonder what they would look like. I did this a couple of years ago before my first trip to Maggie valley.
Most don't notice the difference unless they look real close.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190408_202745.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	545191  
Flying Dog likes this.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:49 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2003 Slingshot Yellow #808 Supercharged, Lowered, MPD Running boards , Hood & Front , Rear Spoilers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoprof View Post
They are a little smaller than OE bow ties.
No need to wonder what they would look like. I did this a couple of years ago before my first trip to Maggie valley.
Most don't notice the difference unless they look real close.
I do make a larger one that is the same size as the original one for the Chrome center caps that don't have a bowtie on them !!
Flying Dog and Autoprof like this.

I make all the different Domed items for the SSRs, Domed Hood inserts ,Door Sill inserts , Wheel & steering wheel Bowtie overlays , stickers to cover the ugly yellow stickers on Sunvisor.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 08:16 AM

My SSR:
2006 #107 of 199 Smokin Asphalt FPR's bought 6-18-2014; Kathy's '04 Ultra Violet Bought 2-1-'17
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSSR View Post
I do make a larger one that is the same size as the original one for the Chrome center caps that don't have a bowtie on them !!
What size do you use? These are the one's you made for me. My requested size--1 1/8" High X 3" Long(Diagonally longest point to longest point). Maybe a hair small but very close. In fact I want another set soon for my '06. These are on Kathy's '04

Nick
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0952.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	545377  
ggoat!!! and Flying Dog like this.

Nick '06 Smokin Asphalt FPR & Kathy '04 Ultra Violet
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 08:35 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2003 Slingshot Yellow #808 Supercharged, Lowered, MPD Running boards , Hood & Front , Rear Spoilers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj6969 View Post
What size do you use? These are the one's you made for me. My requested size--1 1/8" High X 3" Long(Diagonally longest point to longest point). Maybe a hair small but very close. In fact I want another set soon for my '06. These are on Kathy's '04

Nick

I remember making them for you , I think the one I have are a little larger !! I can make them any size !!
ggoat!!! and nj6969 like this.

I make all the different Domed items for the SSRs, Domed Hood inserts ,Door Sill inserts , Wheel & steering wheel Bowtie overlays , stickers to cover the ugly yellow stickers on Sunvisor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > Customization and Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in