Chevy SSR Forum

Chevy SSR Forum (https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/)
-   Customization and Modifications (https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f99/)
-   -   LED BULB SWAPS - All my links & info in 1 place (https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f99/led-bulb-swaps-all-my-links-info-1-place-60169/)

bdmridgeback 09-08-2012 09:07 PM

LED BULB SWAPS - All my links & info in 1 place

Thought I would list all my LED threads here so after time they are all still together in a easy place to find them...

LED Tail Light Bulb replacements

LED Side Marker / Plate / Glove Box replacement

LED 1157 CREE Reverse / Backup bulb replacement

LED Cargo bulb replacement

*LED CREE FRONT GRILLE TURN SIGNAL BULB REPLACEMENT COMING SOON*

*LED (x68) 880 FOG LIGHT BULB REPLACEMENT COMING SOON*

Mark Home 11-29-2015 01:05 PM

Hello again

Do you have a definitive LED fog light lamp you can recommend

Mark Home

DANIBCNU 03-14-2016 08:28 AM

When I replaced my tail lights with LED Bulbs, I now get a fast blinker instead of a slow blinker. Don't I need some sort of Blinker Module to replace to cover the low voltage of me LED's?????

DANIBCNU 03-18-2016 07:46 PM

When I replaced my tail lights with LED Bulbs, I now get a fast blinker. Isn't there some sort of module that needs to be replaced so my low voltage LED Bulbs blink at the regular intervals????

Dan Burns
972-742-7869
[email protected]

xoxoxoBruce 03-19-2016 12:41 AM

Yes, you need a Novita LM 486 flasher.
Here's how you install it.

Sooner Blur 03-24-2016 09:42 AM

LED Front turn signal lights

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 2849554)
Yes, you need a Novita LM 486 flasher.
Here's how you install it.

Can anyone tell me if their is a Led front turn signal light that has a built in resistor and if so what is the make and part # and if not what do I need to change them over. I've already changed the tail lights and the LM 486 Module.

Thanks
Bruce Davis OKC,Ok
Sooner Blur

Warrior=='06 04-03-2016 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner Blur (Post 2859018)
Can anyone tell me if their is a Led front turn signal light that has a built in resistor and if so what is the make and part # and if not what do I need to change them over. I've already changed the tail lights and the LM 486 Module.

Thanks
Bruce Davis OKC,Ok
Sooner Blur

===========================
BUMP for LED front directional with a built in resistor??

ROPE 04-03-2016 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior=='06 (Post 2877945)
===========================
BUMP for LED front directional with a built in resistor??

This is what I have in my SSR.

6K WHITE 7443 21 LED PARKING BACK-UP LIGHT BULBS 7440 | 1 PAIR 7443_21_W_6K

VLEDS.COM

Warrior=='06 04-03-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDSTR42 (Post 2878225)
VLEDS.COM

======================
Hey Rope. Did you have to splice resistors in-line for the sockets?? This is for AMBER FRONT LED directional bulbs.

I was thinking there might be an option now that was just a bulb swap. I'm looking for a LED change without having to splice into the OE wiring.

Hey, when do you think you might be back in Houston? It has been awhile since I met you at one of our monthly Breakfasts.

Thanks,
David :black:

ROPE 04-03-2016 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior=='06 (Post 2878281)
======================
Hey Rope. Did you have to splice resistors in-line for the sockets?? This is for AMBER FRONT LED directional bulbs.

I was thinking there might be an option now that was just a bulb swap. I'm looking for a LED change without having to splice into the OE wiring.

Hey, when do you think you might be back in Houston? It has been awhile since I met you at one of our monthly Breakfasts.

Thanks,

David, not sure when I'll be back to Houston. Wish I could come down and say HI, great group of people down that way.

I haven't spliced any resistors in my wiring just using replacement bulbs and they seem to work fine.

Rope

Joshvette 03-04-2017 08:39 PM

If you replace the flasher module with the LM486 do you still need resistors in the turn signals??

I wouldn't think you would but not sure....

carlbush 03-05-2017 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDSTR42 (Post 2878225)

VLEDS.COM

RDSTR42, request a bit of clarification ... are you saying that you are using the 7443 VLED bulbs as your front turn signal bulbs? They fit directly into the front signal housing?

Thank you, Carl

Dicktator 03-05-2017 09:27 AM

Original Thread 2012!

Do some checking before you go to far.

LED Polarity sensitive, low resistance.

LED tail lights will not work without changing Flasher Module.

Turn signals will not work without installing resistors.

SSR How to Library: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D...F39D9F5ADCE5E5

One SSR owner changed all his bubs to LED, had to add resistors in front of most of them to get all his lights to work again.

Just saying.

Dicktator

ROPE 03-05-2017 09:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlbush (Post 3361810)
RDSTR42, request a bit of clarification ... are you saying that you are using the 7443 VLED bulbs as your front turn signal bulbs? They fit directly into the front signal housing?

Thank you, Carl

Yes, I'm using them in my front turn signals without installing a resistor. Plug and Play bulb swap. I do have the Novita LM486 also.

Dicktator 03-05-2017 09:59 AM

Interesting, I use same bulb but mine is '04.

I know the software & wiring is different in 05/06 and the 06 has some changes from 05.

I had to add resistors.

May depend what year you have.

Dicktator

carlbush 03-05-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDSTR42 (Post 3362154)
Yes, I'm using them in my front turn signals without installing a resistor. Plug and Play bulb swap. I do have the Novita LM486 also.

Thank you for the response, I have an '05 SSR and am interested in this mod. Just one more question ... you haven't had any issue with the cruise control kicking off when using the turn signal?

Regards, Carl

ROPE 03-05-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlbush (Post 3362322)
Thank you for the response, I have an '05 SSR and am interested in this mod. Just one more question ... you haven't had any issue with the cruise control kicking off when using the turn signal?

Regards, Carl

Carl

No, I personally have not had any issues with my '06.

Rope

Warrior=='06 03-05-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDSTR42 (Post 3362154)

=========================
Rope, (hopefully) just one last question. I bought the Novita LM486 and installed it (in my '06) when I converted my taillights to LED. Everything fine. So then I want to change over my turn signal bulbs to LEDs. I ordered the #7443_21_A_6K. This bulb is AMBER. I see the number of the bulbs in your post above is #7443_21_W_6K. Isn't that a WHITE colored bulb? What color do your bulbs blink---AMBER or WHITE.
I tried the "A" bulbs that I had purchased and they come on solid but will not blink at all.

This is really getting me confused now. :hyper: :nep:

HELP!!!

================

ROPE 03-05-2017 08:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior=='06 (Post 3362602)
=========================
Rope, (hopefully) just one last question. I bought the Novita LM486 and installed it (in my '06) when I converted my taillights to LED. Everything fine. So then I want to change over my turn signal bulbs to LEDs. I ordered the #7443_21_A_6K. This bulb is AMBER. I see the number of the bulbs in your post above is #7443_21_W_6K. Isn't that a WHITE colored bulb? What color do your bulbs blink---AMBER or WHITE.
I tried the "A" bulbs that I had purchased and they come on solid but will not blink at all.

This is really getting me confused now. :hyper: :nep:

HELP!!!

================

David

Mine are white and flash white, however the lenses are amber already and I smoked my lenses so the amber bulbs weren't showing up as bright as I wanted. The one thing different on my taillights is I didn't use led bulbs in the stock lamps. I've got custom led taillights that I installed so maybe that is making the difference for me. One thing you might try is flipping the bulb 180 degrees in the socket and see if that makes a difference?

Rope

Joshvette 03-08-2017 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDSTR42 (Post 3363186)
David

Mine are white and flash white, however the lenses are amber already and I smoked my lenses so the amber bulbs weren't showing up as bright as I wanted. The one thing different on my taillights is I didn't use led bulbs in the stock lamps. I've got custom led taillights that I installed so maybe that is making the difference for me. One thing you might try is flipping the bulb 180 degrees in the socket and see if that makes a difference?

Rope

I love the blacked out turn signal look. I've actually thought about buying a whole new mesh grill insert to completely fill in that top sectional and just remove the OEM turn signals all together and install some LED's turn signals inside the mesh that are hidden.