post #151 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Daily Driver
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbush View Post
Please post more pics!
I'm going to wait till after the C/CB Tour.

Often wrong...... but never in doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 07:26 PM

My SSR:
2006 Blue over Primer'd Bondo FPR 6spd #23424 slapped together 2/22/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Actually it will take a 7" headlight, that's what they are.
Oh that's definitely cool then. Some company must make an old-school 7" headlamp fixture that would fit that uses an old school glass halogen bulb for that real old-school real headlight look.

Are these what they installed in your truck?

post #153 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Daily Driver

My SSR:
I said 7" headlights, the shop chose to install LMC 7" halogens. I may or may not keep them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 08:03 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Smokin' Asphalt, Automatic, bought March 2016, #16765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoat!!! View Post
I thought the point was to get "real" headlights as evidenced by the thread title???????

If those are in fact Jeep Wrangler JK plastic modern headlights (they may not be but they look like it), they are notorious for being absolutely horrible performers. Here are several hundred pages of information regarding Jeep Wrangler JK headlight upgrades that should come in helpful:

JKOwners.com - The community for Jeep JK Owners

Headlight Shootout - JeepForum.com
I own a 2014 Jeep Wrangler. Have not had any issues with the headlights. I go to many Wrangler forums for info, just like coming here for SSR info. I'm not going to click on the links you posted, as I will suddenly see issues that do not exist, at least to me.

Bruce, I know they are not Wrangler headlights, but if they were, they would be fine. I like my Wrangler headlights. I know that is not the look Bruce is looking for.
post #155 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 10:25 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Lonnie lights #43,confidence by simple Engineering
Send a message via Yahoo to abadssr
Looks great Bruce

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #156 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 10:33 PM

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowandthen View Post
I own a 2014 Jeep Wrangler. Have not had any issues with the headlights. I go to many Wrangler forums for info, just like coming here for SSR info. I'm not going to click on the links you posted, as I will suddenly see issues that do not exist, at least to me.
Who cares if you are going to click on the links I posted? They weren't for you anyway...but, there are 50 some pages in the 2nd link alone regarding how to improve the JK Wrangler headlights. Your 2014 has the same headlights as the 2012 I have experience with. Trust me, there is good info there. But, feel free to remain ignorant of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowandthen View Post
Bruce, I know they are not Wrangler headlights, I know that is not the look Bruce is looking for.
The Wrangler headlights are a near spitting image of the ones installed in his truck. It doesn't take too great a degree of competent perceptual ability to see the similarity in the headlights...but I guess some people just can't see the obvious:

Those don't look similar AT ALL!!! lol...
post #157 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 11:59 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Silver on Black TVS2300 supercharged FPR 6 speed 4:10 #23387
Garage
Quote:

The Wrangler headlights are a near spitting image of the ones installed in his truck. It doesn't take too great a degree of competent perceptual ability to see the similarity in the headlights...but I guess some people just can't see the obvious:

Those don't look similar AT ALL!!! lol...
In the words of Frank Barone............................. Holy Crap!!!!!

Can we just go back to letting people comment on how much they like what Bruce accomplished? Unless of course you haven't completed your critique.
skywalker and Guzzi Guy like this.

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

00567 Slingshot May 04 - March 06
Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09
24092 Pac Blue Nov 07 - Oct 08
Sig #12 Aug 2008 - Aug 2010

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #158 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 04:39 AM

My SSR:
Sadly sold '03 RED vin1337, '06(lastoneinblack) vin 24107..Sadly sold '04UV,'05SILVER,'06PACBLU FPR
Astray
post #159 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 08:26 AM
SSR Pit Crew

Quote:
I suggest if you don't like Wrangler headlights, don't install them in your SSR.

This is what Bruce wanted...and as in all modifications, beauty is in the eye of the guy that dreams up and pays for the mods.

In my opinion, this modification looks great.
spook, poppa and Auggie Doggie like this.
post #160 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 08:32 AM

My SSR:
05 Red, 6 speed
I love the look. I have used those type of headlights on several classic cars. Not sure where the Jeep thing comes from. IMO they are much better than the old school glass kind. In fact a lot of classic parts companies such as LMC trucks offer them as replacements for about $35.00 bucks I think. IMO your R not only looks a hell of lot better, you no longer need to worry about finding those OEM expensive ones that are practically obsolete. I commend you sir for pursuing your vision. Your truck looks great in everyway. If I lived close to the shop that performed the surgery I would be next in line to get those headlights. Cheers
spook, Auggie Doggie and DCailin like this.
post #161 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 08:34 AM

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Allen View Post
I suggest if you don't like Wrangler headlights, don't install them in your SSR.

This is what Bruce wanted.
I didn't state that I didn't LIKE Wrangler headlights; I merely stated that they LOOKED like Wrangler headlights. You inferred the same thing in your post above.

Thanks for verifying what I saw.

Nothing wrong with modern Wrangler-esque headlights if that's what the goal was...I just didn't get that that was the actual goal. I had (and still have) the impression that "real" old-school headlights is what this entire thread and mod was originally about ("Real Headlights is what I Want").

I just don't see how these new headlights are any more "real" than the stock ones.
post #162 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 10:25 AM
SSR Pit Crew

Quote:
Thanks for verifying what I saw.
What I said, and what the goat heard.....
post #163 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 10:31 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Silver on Black TVS2300 supercharged FPR 6 speed 4:10 #23387
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Allen View Post
What I said, and what the goat heard.....
Maybe goat can start a new thread about his bluewall tires so we can critique them.
ggoat!!! and Guzzi Guy like this.

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

00567 Slingshot May 04 - March 06
Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09
24092 Pac Blue Nov 07 - Oct 08
Sig #12 Aug 2008 - Aug 2010

post #164 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Daily Driver

My SSR:
Now, now, I did what I wanted and am happy with the result. Some will like it, some won't, I never expected everyone would, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
spook, ggoat!!! and Auggie Doggie like this.

post #165 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 12:14 PM

Cut a guy a break

A guy has a vision...He follows his dream ... He forms a plan ...He follows through with his plan...It turns out GREAT...Then he makes his mistake. He shares it on this forum. And the sit on their hands, I have a better idea or I can do better DREAMERS come in and try to get a piece of a real life by criticizing him. WUZAMATTADUMMIES Momma never told you "if you can't say anything nice SHUT THE HELL UP!"
Sometimes I get so sick and tired of the dumb little rich boys on this website who don't know a rod from a cam but shoot off their mouth any time they get the chance and try and belittle legitimate work and creativity of a real carguy.
OK I'm done till next time. I'll put my shoebox away.

Oh and Bruce I love what you did and the courage it took to do it xoxoxox.
post #166 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 12:32 PM

My SSR:
Sadly sold '03 RED vin1337, '06(lastoneinblack) vin 24107..Sadly sold '04UV,'05SILVER,'06PACBLU FPR
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa View Post
A guy has a vision...He follows his dream ... He forms a plan ...He follows through with his plan...It turns out GREAT...Then he makes his mistake. He shares it on this forum. And the sit on their hands, I have a better idea or I can do better DREAMERS come in and try to get a piece of a real life by criticizing him. WUZAMATTADUMMIES Momma never told you "if you can't say anything nice SHUT THE HELL UP!"
Sometimes I get so sick and tired of the dumb little rich boys on this website who don't know a rod from a cam but shoot off their mouth any time they get the chance and try and belittle legitimate work and creativity of a real carguy.
OK I'm done till next time. I'll put my shoebox away.

Oh and Bruce I love what you did and the courage it took to do it xoxoxox.
UM it's a soapbox

Astray..

Bruce, I like it by the way.
post #167 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 12:49 PM
Genuinely SSR Obsessed

My SSR:
2006 Black FPR #24031 BOD=3/14/2006 The Black Knight
Exclamation Wow!!

First off, thanks poppa ~~ I love the way you cut to the chase....there is no mistaking your feelings on the matter.

Bruce, I salute you. You really had no giant's shoulders to stand on with this project. You are the pioneer of this project for us all.
You were essentially by yourself and you alone supplied the blood, sweat and tears (and $$$) to bring it to completion. I love it. I can't think of anything I would do to change it, either.

Please don't let any small voice of negativity put a damper on what you have done here. This is what true hot rodding is all about---making your ride truly yours. Afterwards, if jackels want to nip at your heels about tiny details please remember all the positive things said here about the new look. Just remember your real friends.

Ya done good, kid!!

===============
David
poppa, Flying Dog and Quest like this.

=========================================

Livin' the Dream; Thanks Chevrolet
post #168 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrtruck View Post
UM it's a soapbox

Astray..

Bruce, I like it by the way.
Soap box shoe box who cares you sure won't find me behind a pulpit Jimmy
post #169 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 12:56 PM

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa View Post
Soap box shoe box who cares you sure won't find me behind a pulpit Jimmy
Since this thread has mostly derailed, are you ever heading back up this way ? October is a beautiful month out in PA.
post #170 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrtruck View Post
Since this thread has mostly derailed, are you ever heading back up this way ? October is a beautiful month out in PA.
Most likely not Jimmy. The years have not been kind and all the fun of hard living is catching up to me. Tell Mindy I said Hi and if you two ever come to Daytona or Orlando give me a shout.

Very sorry for this blatant Hijack Bruce
post #171 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Daily Driver

My SSR:
No problem Poppa, sometimes the tangents are the most interesting. ggoat has the right to express his opinion, even if I don't give a shlt.
poppa, Quest, skywalker and 1 others like this.

post #172 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 02:13 PM

My SSR:
Quote:
No problem Poppa, sometimes the tangents are the most interesting. ggoat has the right to express his opinion, even if I don't give a shlt.
...which is the POINT of a forum.

If you do change the headlights out to something old-school as in your original plan, please post pics.

The workmanship the shop did again is superb. I bet they could fabricate a beautiful perfect chrome trim ring to mount deep in those pockets that would make ANY headlight you choose truly stand out for a real old-school look.

Congrats on finding a GREAT shop!!!
post #173 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 04:09 PM

My SSR:
2005 Smokin' Asphalt, 6 speed
WOW!
I think that looks GREAT! To me it fixes the only styling item on the SSR that I don't really like.
DCailin likes this.
post #174 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 06:41 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
Quote:
Now, now, I did what I wanted and am happy with the result. Some will like it, some won't, I never expected everyone would, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
ONE of the things I enjoy most is personalizing my SSR. while what I do do does not appeal to everyone it appeals to the one that counts.

Bruce I like what you did. A man with vision and the guts to see it through, way to go.��

For those that are not a fan that is your right.��
However I hope you express the fact that you are given the freedom of speech by STANDING UP and showing your respect to OUR flag during the national anthem.
post #175 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 08:51 PM
LOP
Super Moderator

My SSR:
'05 Auto Redline Red #20727.... Born on 05/05/05...
Nice look Bruce, true car guys know that one does not critique another guys work or plans unless asked. I like what you did and it is unfortunate your thread has turned into a platform for controversy especially since you did not ask for opinions.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Please Note.. Any spelling and/or grammer mistakes are copyright of the author.. Mistakes will be numerous and common...
post #176 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Daily Driver

My SSR:
Thanks LOP, that's the nature of the internet. Sometimes it's a little annoying but the free exchange of ideas and opinions is cool. I did what I wanted and happy with the result. I knew not everyone would like it but I don't care, it's my truck and I'm happy with the result.
spook and Autoprof like this.

post #177 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 10:33 PM

Location: Roseville, CA well actually live in North Highlands and work in Roseville.

My SSR:
2006 6spd Ricochet Silver with Blue Flames. Yes, I bought WaySouth6speed's baby truck!
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw502 View Post
WOW!
I think that looks GREAT! To me it fixes the only styling item on the SSR that I don't really like.
I will second that one! Exactly what I think outlaw502
post #178 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Daily Driver

My SSR:
Thanks for your vote of confidence, the headlights are also what I felt was the weak point of the truck, but a spendy change. It took me nine years to get fed up with the charcoal interior and ten to do the headlights.

post #179 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 12:28 AM
I DO WINDOWS

My SSR:
2003 #2393 black SB1 some-stuff-added
You wanted something, you went for it, you got it. It canít be wrong.

REBEL with a CAUSE and a LOADED AIRBRUSH!
post #180 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 07:25 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 427 UV, 65 BBVet, 96 ViperGTS, 68 396Cam, 69 Z/28, 92 Typhoon,11 392S/C Challenger, 86 El Cam
Garage
Hey Bruce that's what happens when "you have all that extra money" just lying around. Looks good bub...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > Customization and Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in