Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which option is better, buying the wiper blade refills and trying to get those on

-OR-

buying the 06 arms from the dealer for $135.83 plus new wiper blades so I never have to try to use the refills again???

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,300 Posts
The better option is to find a pair of arms off a wrecked truck and use them. I did mine that way. There were a pair on Ebay about a month ago.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Later the better.

I got a discount from my dealer on the late blades. They are better on the washer and easy to find Bosch refills.

IMO I would go new or find some off a truck as per above.

Dave

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
If you can find a set of later model arms, good. You can just replace blade assemblies. I have some of each on our '04's. I have always just changed the inserts on all of my previous cars, so no big deal for me. Even when it gets to no more inserts, I will probably strip out the insert anyways, as I do that on the '05-'06 arms on Hawk,too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I broke the tab holding the washer assembly on my 04.. got frustrated with the dealer and napa not knowing that the original set up was difficult and no longer available hence I used the new napa blade and used 2 small pieces of 3m tape so far it's holding well it's been 2 months

·
Registered
100 Posts
I broke the tab holding the washer assembly on my 04.. got frustrated with the dealer and napa not knowing that the original set up was difficult and no longer available hence I used the new napa blade and used 2 small pieces of 3m tape so far it's holding well it's been 2 months
I've got a small black zip tie holding one of my washer assemblies. It is pretty inconspicuous.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I bought new wiper assemblies and put on the original arms and zip tied and cut off excess. Looks fine and cost the same as any other new assembly of the same make. Just like normal except for zip tieing the washer thingy.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
If you can find a set of later model arms, good. You can just replace blade assemblies. I have some of each on our '04's. I have always just changed the inserts on all of my previous cars, so no big deal for me. Even when it gets to no more inserts, I will probably strip out the insert anyways, as I do that on the '05-'06 arms on Hawk,too.
Do you have any refill replacement numbers for 2004?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Lakedweller,

I'm looking for the black fluid dispenser that clips on to the wiper arm. This is a black plastic molded "torpedo" looking part. The rubber hose line that feeds the windshield wiper fluid hooks on to it.

Where can I buy these, other than at a Chevy dealer, they say that you have to buy a new wiper arm to get a revised model. They are over $135 ea

Attachments

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts
Do you have any refill replacement numbers for 2004?
Wiper refills for the SSR are the same for all four years..... they didn't change the blade itself during the production, so it's pretty easy.

I installed my spare pair just two days ago, Friday, on a 2004 for a friend and ordered another spare set for myself already.

Trico 46-200 = driver's side
Trico 46-190 = passenger side

These are readily available on Amazon and lots of other places.

You may have to snip off a small amount of the end of the rubber, making it even with the little metal strips, on the passenger refill to get the tip of the refill to clear the painted windshield pillar trim..... no big deal.....

As for the fluid squirter....... I have seen years ago that the Dorman 47136 washer nozzle will fit the arm of the SSR. It is a configuration more like the 2006 nozzle. Don't take my word on this..... you will have to evaluate for yourself.

Regards,

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts