Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a call from my dealer today saying that mine had been shipped, should be here by end of week. he is saying that it is an 04 but i thought they were building 03s until the absolute end of the year.

the ending vin sequence is 103430

Originally it was supposed to be an 03.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
'03/'04

In the near future you won't care if it's an '03 or '04, you'll just enjoy driving it!
:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more confused

Checking the vin further, it appears that it is fact an 04. the year digit in the vin (#10) is a 4. I was under the belief that when a new production year started, they started the sequence back at 0. It doesn't appear so in this case. Also, my VIN would indicate that somewhere less than 3,430 2003s were produced. the highest 03 vin I can locate has the sequence of 3355.

This is all very confusing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If the tenth digit is a 4 , then you got an 04.

The corvettes do start new sequence numbers at the beginning of each model year.

Guess they are trying to keep up with their count :D

·
Registered
705 Posts
how many corvettes are made each year? How many of them are Z06?

·
Registered
36 Posts
redssrloaded said:
how many corvettes are made each year? How many of them are Z06?
The 2003 model year produced 33748 corvettes of which 4728 were the ZO6.

2004 could be a little different due to the fact that the Coupe,Convertible, and ZO6 ( standard model ) were all thrown into the same allocation group so the dealers could order whatever they wanted. I tried to order my cars on a 25% basis for the Z06, and then split between the coupes and convertibles and had to maintain about a 60/ 40 automatic to 6 speed due to the fact that all the ZO6 comes in is 6 speed. I couldn't do 50/50 on the auto and 6 on the coupe and convertible or I would have ended up with too many 6 speeds on the lot.

So far this year we only got one Z16 - ZO6 and have not been allocated another even though that unit sold before it was built.

I expect the 04 figures to be comparable to the 03 figures above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts