Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just made aware of this site, so I thought I would post what we just finished for a local customer, we installed a Magnuson polished SC kit on his beautiful SSR, this is my second kit the first was on a 05 Avalanche, fortunately the SSR went a lot better, to give you a little back ground on the Avalanche, the kit was a breeze to install, we have an in house Dyno jet chassis dyno here and after install and a flash that comes with the kit we strapped the car down on the dyno to see what the power was to be, at 4900 RPM and 124 MPH it twisted the drive shaft completely in the middle. Along with this the Air fuel was off the scale rich.

So after many phone calls and after pricing a new shaft from the Dealer I chose using Dyno tech engineering, this company has been making drive shafts for our company for all Ford Lincoln Mercury cars for years, we use these in the Mercury Marauder, we modified 35 Marauders for the FHP here in Florida and these cars run a 150 plus MPH. I sent the old flimsy OEM shaft they made us a composite aluminum drive shaft with Dana spicier U joints and these drive shafts are spun balanced to over 6000 RPM, after installing this and a re flash the truck ran perfect.

Now we have done our first SSR we just received an updated tune from Magnuson the first pull the truck was in the tens for AF, we a going to dyno the truck tomorrow. I heard from a member here that the SSR is prone to Drive shaft creaking and popping we are having Dyno tech make a shaft for the SSR and should have one out for testing next week so here are some pictures of the install. I am not a big fan of flames and you really need to see the truck up close to appreciate these.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/ssrsc.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/ssrsc1.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/ssrside.JPG

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/ssrfront.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
supercharger

I bought a Lingenfelter super charger (kit), and will install it this sonday, is there anything particular i should be aware of ??:rolleyes:

sorry my english is bad

regards
Jens Nybo

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I wish there were someone in Kentucy that could install a SC.Most people around here have never seen an SSR:banghead

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
Uhhhhhhhh . . .

Sorry, but the "install" photo is not from that vehicle - actually it's from the Magnacharger site (and also my desktop wallpaper!)

Blast

·
Registered
374 Posts
BlastfromPast said:
Sorry, but the "install" photo is not from that vehicle - actually it's from the Magnacharger site (and also my desktop wallpaper!)

Blast
I sent that photo to Dennis. He has installed a Magnacharger on the SSR you see in the links, and I'm sure he'll be posting up the install photos shortly. He posted these over on MM.NET to make me drool (the Magnachager out of the box) and I sent him the Magnacharger promo photo prior to the install to show what it will look like when he's done. He may have mixed up this shot with one of the shots of his install. Believe me, I've seen a lot of his install photos of blown Marauders, Vics, Mark's and Mustangs, and his work is excellent. His air-to-air kit for the 4.6 DOHC with custom tubing and airbox is a work of art.

Dennis' work to get us Dynotech drive shafts and related componants is a real plus for our trucks. I can tell you from personal knowledge, having a Dynotech shaft installed on my MM, that these are excellent products, can handle power and high RPM's without the slightest noise. What can i say... there's a lot of NASCAR teams running Dynotech drive shafts.

I look forward to him being a supporting vendor here, and think he'll bring a lot to our table, performance wise.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
That is a 'smokin asphault' :glol

·
Registered
893 Posts
What kinda truck is that????

KySSR said:
I wish there were someone in Kentucy that could install a SC.Most people around here have never seen an SSR:banghead
****Thats the standard comment here in Ky........."Who makes it" ......My comment ...."Oh it's the new Corvette pickup" reply....Oh thats made up here in Bowling Green ? Maybe they should move the manifacturing of SSRs to Bowling Green......They build the Vettes there.......and their still going strong......GM!..... think about it......Kentuckians building SSRs...... just a thought...:seeya :seeya

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dynotech called today the drive shaft is done I am going to send this to Jim G for testing and he will let the club know his opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts