Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning - spring / summer '16, I was unable to retract the roof. That fall, it suddenly fixed itself and started working. It continued working all thru '17. Now, spring / summer of '18 so far, it fails. When the roof retract button is pressed, it make the normal sounds like the cylinders are working, then I get the "Roof Cycle Timed Out" on the dash.

Has anyone had the same problem and what has to be done to correct? Hate another summer without the top down.

Thanks!!
Don Ball
815-953-8543:black::crying:

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Good Morning - spring / summer '16, I was unable to retract the roof. That fall, it suddenly fixed itself and started working. It continued working all thru '17. Now, spring / summer of '18 so far, it fails. When the roof retract button is pressed, it make the normal sounds like the cylinders are working, then I get the "Roof Cycle Timed Out" on the dash.

Has anyone had the same problem and what has to be done to correct? Hate another summer without the top down.

Thanks!!
Don Ball
If your lucky, it may be something simple. I had this happen on two of my SSRs over the years. Try to have someone gently lift up on the tonneau cover while you push the button. Sometimes they just stick a little because the cover is misaligned due to the stops being out of adjustment and the cover trying to open cocked a little bit. If it opens, adjust your rubber stops and then access and lubricate the micro switches on both sides. You can find the steps of how to do this in the how to library. Hope this works for you.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,377 Posts
balzryd, I see you are a long time member but only 4 posts. Welcome from Forney Texas!!! -----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then when you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,656 Posts

Thanks!!
Don Ball
Do some reading: SSR How to Library:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Look ups ROOF

Dicktator

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
03 SSR top won't retract