Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead has anyone installed the superchip tuner on there stock '03? if so did you have any problems on the install for the performance tuning? When i tried to install mine it kept showing error # 050 which the factory told me it is a power drain possibly from the daytime running lites. Im alittle scared to try to reinstall it.:skep

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crogan said:
The best tuner is Diablo sport Predator. It works great for me on my 03 SSR.
i already own the superchips( which i was told was the best)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Although I also own the diablosport; diablo was very emphatic in their instructions about all power consumers to be off. You should be able to turn off drl's by applying the hand brake after the engine is running.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Tuner

Hey mi mztrz,

The same thing happened to my 03 over a year ago. After sending mine back to have it "re-flashed", the ame thing all over again code "50".They finally admitted that this was something they couldn't rectify and had me send the unit back for a refund.The superchip just wo't work on the early 03 computer.
The good newa is that there are others out there that do work without problems.I used the Crane cams tuner and it works fine.I'll make a deal wih you if you can wait until I install my magnuson supercharger,I'll sell you mine at a good price.I won't need it because magnuson sends a new tuner as part of the installation kit.
Craig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts