Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I don't know what I'm doing here. My top just went out and after reading the posts...I don't know if I have the fortitude to continue on repair. Just putting out feelers to maybe sell it. Considering offers now. 41,000 miles, Purple. R, Don

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,580 Posts
Ok, I don't know what I'm doing here. My top just went out and after reading the posts...I don't know if I have the fortitude to continue on repair. Just putting out feelers to maybe sell it. Considering offers now. 41,000 miles, Purple. R, Don
Giving up is not an option...... Hang in there and let us help you.

There is no substitute for perseverance.

Mike

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the support. I will hang in there. Sorry about any mention of "for sale". I didn't know the rules of the forum. It won't happen again. 🤐

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Oh hell, just sell it and go buy a new Toyota Prius. You'll have a warranty and virtually no problems. But you'll give up one of the most unique vehicles on the American road and your new ride will be BORING. We all have "issues" with these trucks. Do your homework and get it fixed. You'll be glad you did.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
7,986 Posts
Oh hell, just sell it and go buy a new Toyota Prius. You'll have a warranty and virtually no problems. But you'll give up one of the most unique vehicles on the American road and your new ride will be BORING. We all have "issues" with these trucks. Do your homework and get it fixed. You'll be glad you did.
============================

Hmmm. EVERY vehicle has issues eventually. Plus if you're just starting out with a vehicle that is (at least) 13 years old you've got to expect some issues. Bottom line ~~ THIS TRUCK IS WORTH IT!!

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
🤗 You all are right. I just get really frustrated at times but over come it when it's "Beer Time"! BTW, the comment about why I tried to put it down...just showing off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do hope as the rules say "it won't happen again". I will let you all know when I resolve the problem. Thanks again to all. Don

·
BlueStreak
27,186 Posts
I do hope as the rules say "it won't happen again". I will let you all know when I resolve the problem. Thanks again to all. Don
If it would not go down, let us know the circumstances. It could be a simple as, I forgot to put my foot on the brake, or as bad as I had not come to a complete stop. Was this the first time it gave you trouble?

·
Registered
40 Posts
If it would not go down, let us know the circumstances. It could be a simple as, I forgot to put my foot on the brake, or as bad as I had not come to a complete stop. Was this the first time it gave you trouble?
Yes, this is the first time I've had issues and have had it for 3 years. I'm sure it's either low on fluid a, cylinder leak or both. I tried it when it the weather warmed up over the holidays as someone had suggested. It unlocked but then the time out light came on. I haven't done anymore with it...waiting till spring. Thanks for asking.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,580 Posts
If it unlocks and then has a “Time Out”, you most likely have a simple issue. This is a typical symptom of a stuck microswitch in either one or both of the tonneau cover latches That are located in the outer side walls of the roof compartment. If so, its an easy fix. Buy a small can of CRC 2-26 at Home Depot and follow the repair procedure.

Come back to this thread and let us know when you start working on it later this year.

Regards,

Mike

·
BlueStreak
27,186 Posts
I have not reviewed the whole thread but you will find the procedure Mike is referring to in Dicktator's One Drive if it has not been mentioned before.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok All, for an update on my top situation. Today I was able to open the cover and look at the fluid level and for any leaking cylinders. Fluid didn't appear to be low and no apparent leaking cylinders. Good so far...I'm going to have to revisit the micro switch cleaning procedure again. While messing with it today I didn't remember the procedure nor see anything I thought to be a micro switch. So let's hope. I've reviewed the procedure and will try again tomorrow. While I'm on the subject...how in the world does one put fluid in if it is low? Not much room and to far out of arms reach. The guy from The Fantastic Four might be able to do it but I can't. Thanks to all.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,580 Posts
Ok All, for an update on my top situation. Today I was able to open the cover and look at the fluid level and for any leaking cylinders. Fluid didn't appear to be low and no apparent leaking cylinders. Good so far...I'm going to have to revisit the micro switch cleaning procedure again. While messing with it today I didn't remember the procedure nor see anything I thought to be a micro switch. So let's hope. I've reviewed the procedure and will try again tomorrow. While I'm on the subject...how in the world does one put fluid in if it is low? Not much room and to far out of arms reach. The guy from The Fantastic Four might be able to do it but I can't. Thanks to all.
If you need someone to walk you through the process, give me a call.......

Mike

1 - 20 of 23 Posts