Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks. What is your number. I will honor your time zone when I call. My number is 618 410 0898 in case it comes up on your phone when I do call. R, Don

·
SSR Believer
1,052 Posts
Ok All, for an update on my top situation. Today I was able to open the cover and look at the fluid level and for any leaking cylinders. Fluid didn't appear to be low and no apparent leaking cylinders. Good so far...I'm going to have to revisit the micro switch cleaning procedure again. While messing with it today I didn't remember the procedure nor see anything I thought to be a micro switch. So let's hope. I've reviewed the procedure and will try again tomorrow. While I'm on the subject...how in the world does one put fluid in if it is low? Not much room and to far out of arms reach. The guy from The Fantastic Four might be able to do it but I can't. Thanks to all.
Good news if there are no leaks! It's a tight area, but adding fluid is not that hard. Do NOT overfill though. @Dicktator has a DIY guide - look for "ROOF PUMP RESERVOIR":

That document has photos showing the correct fill level, indicated by a green dot about half way up, the exact type of fluid (CHF 11S, available at most auto parts stores) and the easiest way to fill it. As @BlueStreak mentioned, there are other roof repair and maintence documents there regarding switches, etc. that could help as well.

Although yours doesn't sound like a low fluid issue, here's a little set of plastic bottles and funnel I bought to top off the fluid in ours, worked perfectly:

@Mike in AZ is an expert. Take him up on his offer if you have questions or get stuck. (y) Here's his contact info:

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 10.08.01 AM.JPG Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 10.09.11 AM.JPG Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 10.10.08 AM.JPG

21 - 23 of 23 Posts