1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 SSR chevy slingshot yellow
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hood Automotive tire Sleeve Automotive design Tread
Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Trunk Automotive design
In good condition 73,269 miles has Mike's front frame stiffener and rear heavy crossmember, fan with shroud. New Power-Stop brakes all around with new calipers and slotted and drilled rotors . New belltech lowering kit (rear springs and shocks, front struts) not yet installed just the rear shocks are installed now. New E3 spark plugs and Msd wires. Dash had to be replaced (electric problem) now says 46297 miles. Used dash from Dictator. Does not have chrome wheels. Cargo area finished carpet and wood slats, hard saddle bags. Small tear in driver seat , needs new front tires, not worn small cut in right front tire outer layer of rubber. More pictures tomorrow.
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Speedometer Car Odometer Vehicle Tachometer

·
Slingshot Rules!
83,859 Posts

GOOD LUCK with your sale, Charles . . .

Whatcha wanna bet you are going to miss that Slingshot Beauty when gone?

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want a quick sale , if it does not sell this week . its no longer for sale . I enjoy it more then the wife. It also needs lower radiator support replaced. and like I said front tires. And when I bought it, it said 5 owner before me. I don't know if that includes the dealer I got it from,

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,683 Posts
73K miles is just getting broken in. Keep it and take the wife to a rally when the weather allows and she will see we are not a common Car Club, just a big family. @Dragon2U can get the odometer straightened out for you.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Its located Augusta Wv. , Near Winchester VA . There's a guy who I ran into in this town who chopped the top off I think a trailblazer painted it slingshot yellow. He had shown me pictures of it , I had seen him on the road a few weeks before. He did it as As poor man's SSR ,said he always wanted one , kinda hoped he would see this.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If not for bad luck , I'd have no luck. Went to start the R on the first really cold day and the battery is dead, wont charge.and won't jump start.
The wife hates the SSR ever since it broke on top of Dolly Sods mountain. (the shifter cable) .
I bought it at the beginning of the Dam Covid-19 . That made me retire early , as I worked on copy machine in schools .
When I bought it I really thought I be able to keep it. But then my wife bff Kelli who we bought a camper for,so she would have a place to live . Can't afford to pay us rent. She was on short term disability, that ran out , now we're broke. I can't afford to to put gas in the R let alone buy a battery.
That's why I have to sell the car I love ..
It shocked me the no one showed any interest in it . At that price. The same as i paid for it 2 years ago, well below what its worth. The picture are of the old dash and the replacement.
Looks like Ill be taking it to a dealer, that sucks.
Light Gauge Speedometer Display device Technology
Speedometer Light Gauge Motor vehicle Mode of transport

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
333 Posts
If not for bad luck , I'd have no luck. Went to start the R on the first really cold day and the battery is dead, wont charge.and won't jump start.
The wife hates the SSR ever since it broke on top of Dolly Sods mountain. (the shifter cable) .
I bought it at the beginning of the Dam Covid-19 . That made me retire early , as I worked on copy machine in schools .
When I bought it I really thought I be able to keep it. But then my wife bff Kelli who we bought a camper for,so she would have a place to live . Can't afford to pay us rent. She was on short term disability, that ran out , now we're broke. I can't afford to to put gas in the R let alone buy a battery.
That's why I have to sell the car I love ..
It shocked me the no one showed any interest in it . At that price. The same as i paid for it 2 years ago, well below what its worth. The picture are of the old dash and the replacement.
Looks like Ill be taking it to a dealer, that sucks. View attachment 606804 View attachment 606805
Charles,
Sorry to hear about your troubles with your R.
If your willing to get under your truck and remove the battery you can get a relatively cheap one from Walmart. Your going to have to bring the old one with you for the core exchange. N78 600CC amps for $55
N78 800CC amps for $89
I’m NOT sure this is you issue since you state the battery won’t jumpstart. Good Luck with your fix and sale.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Check your battery terminal connectors. Clean and re-tighten.
Read Dictators "How To" One Drive - "Battery Cable Fix"
Attach your battery charger at the battery, and leave it to charge overnight.
Be very careful attempting to Jump Start your truck.... You'll find plenty of threads here showing the damage that can be done by a well intentioned but flawed connection by someone who thought they knew what they were doing.
If you really want to sell your truck, put it on eBay with an honest description. You'll get better money than you will by taking it to your local used car dealer.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its the battery had it out on charger over night. And still nothing . And I've had it up for sale, at a good price with good details. And no takers. And it not me that wants it gone. TAMI is dead set on a 4 wheel drive.
Not that it matters anymore.

·
SSR Believer
2,983 Posts
My advice is that it's more than important that it at least run. Investing in a battery (if you're positive that's the problem) as soon as you can will be money well-spent and get it out of your driveway that much sooner.

Although they're rare, SSRs are really "specialty vehicles" and the audience for them is small. Watching various posts here and elsewhere it looks like it takes an average of three months or so for the right buyer to come along. As with any vehicle, lower milage, well cared for cars and trucks command higher prices and seem to sell faster, and folks looking for a bargain (IMHO) like yours will come along.

Keep your post here current by adding any additional info, photos or updates now and then and as others have said, post it everywhere else you can think of including eBay, Craigslist, etc. You might consider adding that you're open to trades if you're looking for a 4WD. I'm not a fan of Facebook, but there is an active SSR FB page where you can post it for sale for free:

The downside is that winter is the slowest time of year when it comes to selling used cars. Spring and summer are much better, especially when it comes to folks thinking about buying a convertible... and spring's just around the corner. ;) The upside is used cars are in higher demand now than ever and the prices they're selling for are as well. Recent SSR sales indicate their value is increasing too.

So hang in there and have some patience. All it takes is one person and they're out there. Maybe they haven't started seriously looking for it, but they'll be along and getting the word out everywhere you can think of will increase the chances that they'll see yours.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
5,533 Posts
Not trying to kick the horse here, but I would go back and look at the battery cables. The ground especially. My red truck had a new battery in it but would do nothing. I could jump it off a jump box and let it run but as soon as I shut it off nothing. The negative cable seems to be the problem one more often. It is worth checking out both ends of it at the battery and the frame.
Here is what mine looked
Automotive lighting Camera lens Camera accessory Wood Rectangle

As for things to keep in mind about selling a truck right now. This is the worst time to try to sell convertibles. The SSR is a unique vehicle and has a certain following. If it is sitting on a lot or where it gets visual traffic people will look at it more than looking at them in an ad unless they know the trucks and want one.

The next problem is that most banks won't lend money on them. Credit unions will or the buyer has to have cash in hand or take out a personal loan. The big problem with that is the media has everyone whipped into a frenzy with all the Covid doom and gloom. Then add in all the negative and people are afraid to go out of their house much less spend money on a cool truck.

Another big problem is it is nearing tax time so again people will hold out till they get their taxes done and know what they owe or are getting back.

Your truck kind of falls in a strange area of the for sale market. The miles are higher than what many will call low miles. Those usually are under 30 or 40,000 miles. Those bring a little more money and the really low mileage trucks the prices go up on them.

Yet yours is well below the "higher" mileage trucks, those being over 100,000 miles. Usually those are in the mid to lower teens to $10k range. So the problem comes in that some one looking for a cheap entry truck will look for the more mileage / lower price trucks.

Your price at almost 18k, people will think I can add a little more and get into a lower mileage truck or go to the 05/06 trucks and get the bigger engine.

Just some thoughts of what I have seen in the market and in my buying of SSRs.

Good Luck on getting the battery trouble solved and the sale. Hate to see a guy sell his truck and miss out on the fun. But many of us also know a happy wife makes for a happy life.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts