Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My name is Vincent and this is my first post here. I work for a Chevy dealership, and was asked by my boss to post the '04 Slingshot Yellow SSR we currently have for sale. :yellow: Here are the details on the car: it has 62,xxx original miles on the odometer, and is a NON-smoker Slingshot Yellow car. It's equipped with virtually all of the options available for the SSR in 2004. It's Maryland state inspected and it's currently for sale on our lot. We're located in Fallston, MD, which is about 45 minutes (give or take) from the Baltimore area. We're asking $18,488 for our SSR. It has a clean AutoCheck vehicle history report that shows no previous accidents (clean Maryland title as well), and we have plenty more high-resolution photos of the car available upon request. I hope I'm allowed to post links here, as it is currently also for sale on Craigslist, but my boss asked me to post this on an SSR forum as well so we could possibly find our SSR a home with someone who is actively looking for one. :grin2:

Please send me a PM for a link to pictures of the car, which I'm currently unable to post until my post count gets higher. :frown2:

You can PM me directly with any questions you may have about the car. Shipping would the responsibility of the buyer, though we'd be willing to work with a shipper at your expense. If you're from Maryland, taxes, tag, and title fees are your responsibility. Thanks for your interest in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you! :grin2:

-Vincent

EDIT: Pictures of the car are now viewable in my Garage.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Sounds like a nice buy chevyguy95. Strange price at Eighteen (488). I guess that's a dealership thing. Low miles (62,000 +), great color :yellow: !!! How's the tires ???

Would be a great "ride" for you. Couldn't you get it for what they have in it (probably 15 or 16) ???

tennesseecozydog :ssr (with nearly 80,000 miles) :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
They never post pictures of the bed. It could be a deal breaker? No one wants tupperware. Hitch, cargo bar, saddle bags? No chrome wheels. Would go and see it if it was purple.

Birdmans
It looks like it has a Carpeted Cargo Area in cali201's post, but add says Adams Auto Company not Adams Chevrolet. Excellent pix in cali's post !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Super Moderator
13,930 Posts
It looks like it has a Carpeted Cargo Area in cali201's post, but add says Adams Auto Company not Adams Chevrolet. Excellent pix in cali's post !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr
A lot of times a dealer will own more than one dealership and give blanket coverage - ie Adams Auto
I expect it is quite possible they are a Chevrolet Dealership - there is an Adams Chevrolet in Havre de Grace MD although I don't see an SSR in their inventory, possibly on a different lot

This SSR has pretty much what you could do when #9560 was built - 1SB, boards & carpet
Gauges nor chrome wheels were available at this time.
It has the RAE hard bins added
No evidence of cargo net, cockpit windbreak or hitch insert which were all available additions at this time

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,917 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,930 Posts
You would think a dealer would at least detail the engine compartment and clean up the running boards to try to sell it quick. A little elbow grease can go a long way.
Yes, quite interesting
I saw one just the other day, really low mileage, but a "dusty" bay (sorry, it was a really low mileage 2006 Saleen Mustang)
I couldn't believe the guy didn't clean his bay - if you can't do that, don't post a picture bragging about it
Every time I wash Kate, I wipe down her engine bay
A dealer should have a detailer on staff to clean it up - such an integral part of marketing IMO.
I guess if that is original dust.. HaHa!

·
Registered
604 Posts
You would think a dealer would at least detail the engine compartment and clean up the running boards to try to sell it quick. A little elbow grease can go a long way.
you would think that.......yesterday the wife and I went to look at a couple of Ford Edges, one dealer we stopped at had a white one. It was dirty inside and out, scratches here and there and a little damage here and there, like the Ford logo on the back had been crushed by probably a bike rack in the added on trailer hitch. Leather seats had some stains on them as well. I asked the salesman (this is a Ford dealer) about it and he said they clean it up and repair it if the customer wants it done. I said, from a customer standpoint, you would think the seller would take care of these items to put the best product out to "wow" the buyer......we left.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A lot of times a dealer will own more than one dealership and give blanket coverage - ie Adams Auto
I expect it is quite possible they are a Chevrolet Dealership - there is an Adams Chevrolet in Havre de Grace MD although I don't see an SSR in their inventory, possibly on a different lot

This SSR has pretty much what you could do when #9560 was built - 1SB, boards & carpet
Gauges nor chrome wheels were available at this time.
It has the RAE hard bins added
No evidence of cargo net, cockpit windbreak or hitch insert which were all available additions at this time

We are the same dealership as Adams Chevrolet, but this is at our used car store in Fallston. I don't know why it wouldn't be on our Chevy store site because we share inventory between the two dealerships. Yes, this one is fully loaded.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you would think that.......yesterday the wife and I went to look at a couple of Ford Edges, one dealer we stopped at had a white one. It was dirty inside and out, scratches here and there and a little damage here and there, like the Ford logo on the back had been crushed by probably a bike rack in the added on trailer hitch. Leather seats had some stains on them as well. I asked the salesman (this is a Ford dealer) about it and he said they clean it up and repair it if the customer wants it done. I said, from a customer standpoint, you would think the seller would take care of these items to put the best product out to "wow" the buyer......we left.
Our detail guy goes over each car and gasses it up once someone buys it. If you wanted him to dress up the engine by detailing it, he'd do it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They never post pictures of the bed. It could be a deal breaker? No one wants tupperware. Hitch, cargo bar, saddle bags? No chrome wheels. Would go and see it if it was purple.

Birdmans
As mentioned in my initial post, I'll send the link to my high-resolution photo album of all of the photos I've taken of this SSR. Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, our website, etc. only let us post a certain number of photos, but since I have more, I've added them. There are locking storage bags in the bed on each side. Chrome rims weren't available in '04, and a hitch wasn't available ever to my knowledge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like a nice buy chevyguy95. Strange price at Eighteen (488). I guess that's a dealership thing. Low miles (62,000 +), great color :yellow: !!! How's the tires ???

Would be a great "ride" for you. Couldn't you get it for what they have in it (probably 15 or 16) ???

tennesseecozydog :ssr (with nearly 80,000 miles) :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:
The tires seem good, they did pass MD inspection and we have a pretty strict inspection system here. I'd buy it for myself but I don't have the cash right now, and I'm not yet 25 so insurance costs would be a little much for what I would think an insurance co. considers a sports car. Trust me, though, one day I'll have my own. :grin2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We do an initial wash and shine when we first take a vehicle in in order for when our photographer comes to take the photos. We do a full detail, wash, and gas in the tank before our vehicles leave the lot. :smile2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, quite interesting
I saw one just the other day, really low mileage, but a "dusty" bay (sorry, it was a really low mileage 2006 Saleen Mustang)
I couldn't believe the guy didn't clean his bay - if you can't do that, don't post a picture bragging about it
Every time I wash Kate, I wipe down her engine bay
A dealer should have a detailer on staff to clean it up - such an integral part of marketing IMO.
I guess if that is original dust.. HaHa!
We'll dress it before the customer gets it. We have so many vehicles come in each week and we have only one detailer being a used car lot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes it has the carpet-and-wood cargo area with boxes on each side that are lockable. We are a Chevy dealer but this is at our used car lot.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,917 Posts
We'll dress it before the customer gets it. We have so many vehicles come in each week and we have only one detailer being a used car lot.
When I look at a car and see a dirty engine bay and some other areas that were neglected it shows me the vehicle was not properly maintained indicating to me that mechanical maintence may have also been neglected. I walk away from a vehicle like that with no further inspection.
Sorry, but if you want to sell something make it presentable before it hits the lot. You can get a mobile detailer to come to the lot and do it if your short handed, it pays for its self by turning inventory quicker at better prices.
Good luck with the sale.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
The tires seem good, they did pass MD inspection and we have a pretty strict inspection system here. I'd buy it for myself but I don't have the cash right now, and I'm not yet 25 so insurance costs would be a little much for what I would think an insurance co. considers a sports car. Trust me, though, one day I'll have my own. :grin2:
I completely understand chevyguy95 !!! Can't you put it on lay-a-way ??? :grin2: :grin2: :grin2: or is Slingshot Yellow not your color ??? :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
When I look at a car and see a dirty engine bay and some other areas that were neglected it shows me the vehicle was not properly maintained indicating to me that mechanical maintence may have also been neglected. I walk away from a vehicle like that with no further inspection.
Sorry, but if you want to sell something make it presentable before it hits the lot. You can get a mobile detailer to come to the lot and do it if your short handed, it pays for its self by turning inventory quicker at better prices.
Good luck with the sale.
Agree, agree, agree with you Texasbaer !!! "mechanical maintenance may have been neglected" good quote also. tennesseecozydog :ssr

1 - 20 of 41 Posts