Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,831 Posts
Very cool truck and cool wheels for that color combo! Having the GPS screen in the rear view mirror is pretty darn cool too! :unsure:

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,303 Posts

VERY INTERESTING . . . I wonder why it is so cheap?

Great Color Combination . . . but I could live without the wheels.

! :love: ! (y) ! :love: ! (y) ! :love: !

·
Premium Member
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

[/QUOTE

Different strokes for different folks.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,368 Posts
This is a custom Al & Ed's Autosound Show truck, a modded truck that had a powered grille and TV in the trunk area and was done many years ago. All of the cool stuff was removed and the original custom wheels were swapped out too. Not sure what it sold for when on EBay in 2016, but it is an interesting truck even with all the special parts gone.

An article from Motortrend - http://www.trucktrend.com/cool-trucks/0612st-custom-2004-chevrolet-ssr/

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,035 Posts
I don't understand the purpose of withholding the vin especially since most knowledgeable people put that on their priority list.

Dave

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,291 Posts
Very interesting now with the information that @Dragon2U added to the history of the truck. I wonder what the bed looks like and how it operates now?

·
Perfectionist
05 Redline, 06 Pac Blue, Spfld, Illinois
570 Posts
Very interesting now with the information that @Dragon2U added to the history of the truck. I wonder what the bed looks like and how it operates now?
The bed lid has been changed out, it has a stock lid on it now. I have not seen inside, but have looked at the truck. These guys usually keep one ssr on the lot. They get them from auctions. The interior looks to be as it was, besides the seats being changed out.

·
Premium Member
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like they swapped the seats out, probably why they belts aren't in the loops.
Maybe @OLDFATGUY (Dino) could swing by and check it out to satisfy our inquiring minds. He told me there seems to be an SSR on this guy's lot all the time.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,291 Posts
I looked at that video that @Dragon2U posted and noticed they were out of the loops there so when they got the seat done was when it probably happened. That little detail would drive me crazy and would be high on my priority list to fix. Seat belts for some reason are an item that I have to have right.

My wife drove an HHR and would drop the seat belt and close the door on it, that would break the little plastic thing that keeps them from retracting to far. I kept extras of the plastic part to fix it because it would bother me. She never noticed it and said I was being a nut job over it. She maybe right but that was just one of those things to me.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,035 Posts
My wife has a habit of hitting the door threshold and the kick panel with the soles of her shoes while entering and exiting the R leaving shoe marks on the plastic. Not a big deal but it does bother me.

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts