Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just wanted to offer the members here a winter special on the Magnuson supercharger kits installed and tuned. Complete price for the 04 SSR is $6,195. You can purchase a 3 year 36,000 mile powertrain warranty for $200. Feel free to give us a call at the shop if anyone has any questions..

Have a great Holiday season :seeya

609-752-0321

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Supercharger

Now I really wish I had a job!!!
You'll have to let me know how long that price will last....in case I suddenly find myself employed again!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about the same deal on 05 :)

EAST COAST SC said:
Hi guys, just wanted to offer the members here a winter special on the Magnuson supercharger kits installed and tuned. Complete price for the 04 SSR is $6,195. You can purchase a 3 year 36,000 mile powertrain warranty for $200. Feel free to give us a call at the shop if anyone has any questions..

609-752-0321
:seeya :cool :yesnod

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Guys, we are located in beautiful Central New Jersey :) :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey East Coast SC,

What kind of rwhp and torque does the magnuson put down in comparison to stock. This could be a real option for someone who wants the H.P. of the 6.0 but doesn't want to pay the large penalty we are seeing now for the 05's. Just think , get a supercharged 04 for less than an 05 and still have more H.P. and a warranty.
:cheers

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure this is for the non polished version. How much for the polished version? How long is this good for? How much to add a blower cam?

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
Magnacharger deal

EAST COAST SC said:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi for all of you SSR owners in Northern California i am a Magnacharger dealer and will give the same deal out here on the West coast. I am located in San Francisco. Can be contacted at 415-863-1769 7:30 - 5:00 Mon-Fri PST.

Thanks Ed :cheers :cheers

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all, hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.. :) The last truck we did pulled 375 rwhp and 384 rwtq SAE corrected. The kit is good for 100 rwhp gains over stock. The install takes about 2-3 days. :seeya :seeya

·
Registered
132 Posts
EAST COAST SC said:

609-752-0321
I have few questions,

1. is that the installed price?
2. what size pully? 2,4,6,8 lbs?
3.is the boost gauge included? where do you put it in the cab?
4. how much boost ?
5. is there a over heating problem?
6. do you have to change the headers? cold air? TB?
7. who is your shop in Dfw? or can i get my tuner to do the work?
8. have you done one with cams and heads + SC? if yes how did it turn out...
9. any pictures you can share with us?

Thanks...

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Wow, this is the way to go! 100 extra rear wheel hp would make a huge difference, and the supercharged 2004 would certainly have more LOW end power than the naturally aspirated 6.0 2005, as the supecharger increases torque EVERYwhere.

Sounds good. Just have to figure out how to get $6200 in cash out of the family account without wife noticing . . .

Jim G

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Hide it.

JimGnitecki said:
Wow, this is the way to go! 100 extra rear wheel hp would make a huge difference, and the supercharged 2004 would certainly have more LOW end power than the naturally aspirated 6.0 2005, as the supecharger increases torque EVERYwhere.

Sounds good. Just have to figure out how to get $6200 in cash out of the family account without wife noticing . . .

Jim G
If she sees it - just fall back on "Oh - that old thing - that's been there forever". :lol

·
Premium Member
9,218 Posts
This line worked well when my wife noticed the polished alternator under the hood of her Sonoma.

Her question - how much did this little thing cost us?

My answer - Way less than a mistress

Worked - she doesn't seem to mind the little extras so much.

Ray

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Houtex: The blower whine is kind of hard to dismiss as "wind noise", especially when standing still.

The bigger issue is spiriting the $6200 out of a checking account that normally has not much more than that IN it. $2k ata time is a little easier, but that's 3 months!

Sigh . . .

I've got a local Chev hi po shop sending me a dyno curve for the stock 5.3 via email so that I can plug it into my computer performance modeling software. I plan to do a "what if" in which I compare accleration with stock 3.7 axle ratio to potential 4.11 axle ratio.

If anyone can send me a stock versus supercharged dyno curve for the 5.3 liter, I can do a comparison in the software to see what the net effects would be across the entire 0 to top speed range.

Jim G

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
Dyno sheet

JimGnitecki said:
Houtex: The blower whine is kind of hard to dismiss as "wind noise", especially when standing still.

The bigger issue is spiriting the $6200 out of a checking account that normally has not much more than that IN it. $2k ata time is a little easier, but that's 3 months!

Sigh . . .

I've got a local Chev hi po shop sending me a dyno curve for the stock 5.3 via email so that I can plug it into my computer performance modeling software. I plan to do a "what if" in which I compare accleration with stock 3.7 axle ratio to potential 4.11 axle ratio.

If anyone can send me a stock versus supercharged dyno curve for the 5.3 liter, I can do a comparison in the software to see what the net effects would be across the entire 0 to top speed range.

Jim G

Jim,

In one of the Magnacharger treads Cobrassr had put one. :thumbs

·
Registered
58 Posts
Supercharger

This is definitely the way to go. I had East Coast install the Magnacharger on my 2004 a few weeks ago and it makes it feel like the SSR should have felt like from the beginning.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
The dyno cruves from that thread are NOT usable.

Their scaling is impossible to decipher accuately on both horizontal & vertical axes. I need cleaner data for both stock and supercharged engines, preferably SAME engine, that clearly shows pairs of data for rpm versus Torque, OR rpm versus Horsepower (I can convcert the hp and torque back and forth easily via formula).

In addition, the data must NOT start at a high rpm (like the 3100 rpm in the ones provided in the thread), as our torque converters lock up a lot lower than that, and to get realistic STREET performance predictions, I need data that starts at the rpm to which the torque converter allows the engine to instantly spin to when you hit the throttle. On my SSR, that down in the low 2000s rpm range.

If I can get this data, I can model both version of the SSR (stock and supercharged) in my custom software, and predict the differences in performance reasonably well.

Jim G

1 - 20 of 28 Posts