Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
SSR71
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum, Lee Finch, Atlanta, Ga. 2004 Slingshot Yellow '04 SSR.

Would like to ad the 3 '05 console gages. Where can I buy? (wiring harness.?)

·
Have SSR...will travel!!
1,115 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

Congrats on getting your :yellow:!!! I have one of those also.

I cannot answer your question but others will come along to do that.

Enjoy!!!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Welcome to the family from the Left Coast of Canada.

I believe the 05/06 floor mount gauge package is different from the 03/04 version. Gauges measure different things. Other family members who have the gauge packages can clarify.

My 2004 (nor any other Canadian spec'd 2004 either) were factory delivered with the gauge package.

Enjoy your new SSR, top down of course!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Hi Lee
First off welcome to the group, you will find all your answers to any questions you have.
Now as for the accessory gauges there are 2 sets one for the 03/04 and one for the 05/06. They are different gauges, while the pod is the same, the wiring is the same harness, the brackets are the same from 03-05 and then the 06 was different, they all fit the brackets. The actual gauges are different and they will not inner change from one group to the other.
Next thing is the 03/04 set is fewer out there so they tend to bring more money when you do find them for sale. A key is to make sure they have the correct bracket to go with them. You might want to search the forum here, there are several posts about adding the gauges to the truck with some great pictures of what and how to do it. Good Luck and also take some time and read through old posts, most things have been covered already. One last thing I learned about wanting SSR parts or accessories is many times you want it and think I will never find it, then one pops up and it is available so you jump on it, only to find the same thing a little later but at a much cheaper price. Shopping around can be a good thing as prices will vary.

·
Premium Member
25,534 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

Congrats on your new SSR :yellow:

enjoy the permagrin!

Good luck on your quest for gauges.

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Ret. Air Force
3,645 Posts
I am new to the forum, Lee Finch, Atlanta, Ga. 2004 Slingshot Yellow '04 SSR.

Would like to ad the 3 '05 console gages. Where can I buy? (wiring harness.?)
Hello @LeeFinch,

Welcome to the SSR family and to the forum.
Congrats on your 04 purchase (great year) and pleased to hear that you live nearby (great state)!!
But sorry to hear about your color blindness (wrong color, it's not Silver!!) :laugh:
:pokey: I'm just kidding, all the colors are great (except for those Red ones)!! :grin2:
Who did you buy the SSR from?

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Welcome too the Group, from Friendswood, Texas. Someone on the Site, if they have the gauge cluster You are seeking, will either pm you or post on here. You could try Ebay, sometimes they are listed there. You could also contact [email protected]. They are a salvage company that carry a lot of SSR parts. Simple-Engineering.com also has quite a few offerings for the SSR and if He has what Your looking for, he could pipe in on the forum as well. Good Luck on Your search ..and one more thing, I am not sure if the 05/06 cluster is the same as the 03/04 and if they are interchangeable, someone with more knowledge will, I am sure let you know.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Welcome to the Fanatic Family! Enjoy that PermaGrin! On a clear day we can see one all the way to Ohio! LOL!

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
LeeFinch, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out. OH-----glad to see your "Supporting Member" Badge !!!!
Aso you might post in the "SSR Parts for Sale/Wanted" for the Gauge Pod.

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
6,763 Posts
:00000732::00000732: :00000732: Got an 04 Slingshot Yellow myself ... got "her" last Saturday from a couple in Missouri. Promptly named "her" Banana Split !!! Hope you enjoy your's as much as we have enjoyed our's this past week. tennesseecozydog :yellow:

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
Welcome to the family, I don't think mounting any gage package is a problem but the electronics of the truck may not be sending information the gages can use. You could always leave them unplugged as they are for show but practically useless for accurate information.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
18 Participants
DOOPHUS
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing