Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2004 UV 427 LS-7 29K miles

Hello my friends. The time has come for me to relinquish the one vehicle I never thought I would.

2004 Chevy Ultra Violet SSR, 29,500 miles. Except for period it was stored I averaged about 2800 miles a year. Bought this truck new in Nov of 2004 with 4 miles on it. Stored on jack stands for 2 years while I was stationed overseas. My spouse cranked it up every week. Lingenfelter built LS-7 427, Naturally aspirated 632 flywheel HP. Transmission was built by Greg Ducato with best of everything and is extremely healthy with around 2200 stall convertor and all the internal goodies, synthetic fed. 4:56 rear gears. Mike's Z06 fan and the pusher fan installed. Frame stiffener, ignition switch, tranny shift linkage repair connector, so much more. Very light silver pin striping all the way around the car. Brand new Nitto tires. Has side steps, console gauges original equipment. Had all new lift top supports installed at SSR rally in Springfield. Have Mike's hood hydraulics package. Air intake is all enclosed (true cold air induction) with green air filter. All coated with thermal dynamics matting keeping cool air going in, hot air out. True shotgun dual exhaust with ceramic headers. Sound is incredible. When you pull up to gas station its obvious this is not a stock truck. Battery cutoff switch in engine compartment (Long Acre). Color matched rear spoiler, true wood oak and walnut bed, I made this. Trailer hitch and wiring. Purple hidden LEDs installed in bed. Chevy spear dremeled out with purple LEDs high lighting from behind. Also have an original spear if you prefer. Protected by Mike's spear protection plate. Wheels are original satin (which I prefer). Custom made front spoiler integration that if I didn't tell you about you would never see. It forces air up into radiator. Mike's radiator support bracket. Muth mirrors. 3 pulse stop light. SSR emblems on underside of hood. Additional LED stoplight above trailer hitch (easily removed if you don't like). Window headliner above rear view mirror has custom made 2 gauge pod (also easily removed)

If there's a scratch on this car I don't know about it. I don't drive in bad wx but I have gotten caught in rain. I pull over and wait it out. I also have the original 5.3 motor with Z06 cam and LS-6 heads 1.6 roller rockers that can go with SSR for additional $4000. It dyno'd at 350 RWHP

$30,000...photo's can be seen on my garage and I will be happy to send you photo's when the wx clears a bit. A lot of folks on here have seen this vehicle and can vouch for it's looks. Thanks all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 Redline FPR 6 Speed
1,033 Posts
I have seen Spook's UV SSR. It is a one of a kind, perfect & unique SSR. If only it had been for sale 4 years ago! This one is a show-stopper. Awesome price from the original owner! Should sell very fast. AND VERY LAST UV SSR BUILT!!!

·
Premium Member
7,386 Posts
Definitely one of a kind spook and very unique also. Mr. Bill's "word is Gold" (Smoky and the Bandit) seriously, Bill is an excellent judge of great SSR's.

I agree with Mr. Bill, if it only had been "For Sale" 9 years ago !!! :frown2: :frown2: :frown2: tennesseecozydog :ssr ps 30 Grand ... what a bargain and I mean a bargain !!!

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,594 Posts
spook, say it ain't so!!!!! - :surprise:

You are one of the handful of original owners still out there! So sorry to hear this news but as we all know---"ya' do what ya' gotta do, Pilgrim".

This price for this truck is a stone cold bargain. Turn key badazz ride. But PLEASE don't fade away from the Forum! - :smile2:

I have a feeling someone is going to snap your R right up....:crying:

Maybe someday in the future we'll see each other in an underground bunker at some 'undisclosed' location!!! - :laugh:

==============
David :black:
images-2.png

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx Rogerdoger (still remember the fan swap). T-Dog...you're just a great guy. Warrior, appreciate the banter we have. Stepchild thank you for the comment. Here's a couple of more pictures. The one is my rather unique jumper box idea I "stole" from Top spin. Inlet picture shows you the open face cold air element and how it is sealed off from the engines hot air.

Attachments

·
Damn! I wish I could take this one off your hands. Love the sound of it! Was hoping to see you in Branson next year!. :cheers

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is the picture of the oak and walnut bed. Disregard the NOS tank and lettering that was for show purposes eons ago with the 5.3 motor. I also have the original lockable black saddle bags that will go with SSR.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since I've had a few questions I need to elaborate. This motor is an LS-7 427 motor...ALL MOTOR...no power adders of any kind. Makes 632HP at the flywheel. The picture above was many years ago when I had a nitrous bottle in the back. It was great at shows and such with the SS lines attached etc. This was when I had the original 5.3 motor. It was a running little machine. Thx to all you helped me to clarify.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's a picture of the dremeled out spear (Chevrolet is dremeled out) with purple LEDs behind a defuser plate. Really pretty at night. I have an original spear as well

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Asking $30,000 for a 2004 SSR with a 427 cubic inch LS-7. Naturally aspirated this car has more horsepower than an LS-2 with a supercharger added. Every update, fix, repair has already been accomplished with tons of extra's (see post#1). Here is a side picture, however since this picture TREDSTICKERS have been added to each tire SSR. SS is in white the R is red. Easily removed if you don't like. Hand made walnut and oak cargo bed-picture doesn't do it justice. Sorry but I cannot finance for you (since I have been asked)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One last picture shows Mike's protect plate and hood closure sticker. Wires are for purple led that show thru dremeled out chevrolet script.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Railroad Guy: No I still have it. I am contemplating contract with a couple of the quality auction houses for late fall. Minimum bid at that point will be $35K. The blue printed, balanced, ported motor alone has almost $18K in it. It will be on here 4 more weeks. Lots of interest but I do not wish to wait on folks that are trying to sell their other SSRs, and or want me to finance it. We've also contemplated just keeping it. I have 11 muscle cars and I'm just getting too old to keep the mx up on everything, so somethings just have to go. I've already sold a GMC Typhoon, Crossfire SRT, a 496 Southwind Jet Boat, and a 66 Vette. If you are interested just PM and I will try to answer any questions you may have. Very Respectfully...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts