Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 with the gage package. Pretty useless set of gages I think. The voltmeter is OK but the “engine torque” come on, give me a break, what is this for? The analog outside temperature gage that gives you a 30 degree span between numbers, I guess you can just guess what the temperature is, oh somewhere between 85 and 90. Does anybody’s temp gage read anything different? As soon as the outside temp reaches 85 mine seems to go to 90 and stay there even in to the evening when it cools down into the low 70's it's still showing 90. Any body else have a gage that works like mine?
But I do love my SSR

M

·
0 Posts
Voltmeter guage just broke, pegged to the right all the time. The temperature guage reads in excess of 90 degrees when it is only 65 degrees. Going into shop to be repaired. Friend of mine just bought an 05 and he is having same two problems.

·
Registered
166 Posts
They are what?

Dam...I thought those 3 round thingamajigs were for I Q indicator,ROAD RAGE fluctuator and barametric(storms a coming ) gauge.. mine work just fine GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have the same observations and problems. Voltmeter always (whenever I glance at it, anyway) at 16V (and an ammeter would provide much more useful information), who cares about torque, and the outside temp gauge (in these hot Texas days since I bought the SSR two months ago) almost always reads "somewhere" above 90.

In a way, it's a good thing they're useless, so I don't risk the hazardous behavior of directing my eyes that far away from the windshield while driving. They look "cool" down there, anyway; that's good enough for me.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,073 Posts
Useless gauges

I too find my '05 gauge package useless. For '06, they have included the outside temperature in the DIC that reads in degrees F directly. :thumbs This is much better than the analog gee-whiz gauge on the floor. Maybe there is a way to program the bus voltage into the DIC as a display parameter....... thereby rendering the floor gauges completely useless. LCC, are you listening??????

I really think the cockpit looks cleaner without the gauges..... but that's just my opinion, as it becomes an arguement over personal taste beyond this point.

Regards,

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts