Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While checking out a new 2005 this last weekend, I noticed there is room between the door panel and the seat. I can actually get my hand in and use the seat controls with the door closed. I do not have the room in my 2003. Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
The panels were modified on the 05s. Chevy apparently listened to the complaints of the 03 and 04 owners. :thumbs

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Door Panels

Buffy said:
OK, question of the day...............

Are the 05 panels compatible with the 03 and 04 doors?
I do believe that they are compatible with the 03 and 04s. To be honest with you that never was a major concern with me. I have always kept my seat all the down and all the way back. So I never really have to adjust them. If one of my daughters takes it for a spin then I have to adjust the seats before I even get back in. If I have to I can still reach the controls with my long skinny fingers... lol

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Memory

For those SSR owners that have the 1SB option you should never have to worry about adjusting the seats. If you program your memory seats, when you unlock the door or put your key in the ignition its all automatic. Only someone who borrows your SSR will need to ajust the seats.

If you paid the high price for this option you, you at least get something useful.

:cool :cool :cool :cool

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Hey Marc (AKA Skinny Fingers),

It's not that the seat position switch comes into play that much, but now that we're living in the mountains, we sure have been using the heck out of the heated seats. But as with anything, once your "buns" are warm, it is really difficult to reach down to turn off the heat switch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spoke with my parts rep today and found part numbers for 05 panels. Ordered a pair and will see if they can adapt. Hopefully they will and all of us large handed 03 and 04 owners will have an option.

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Optional Long Fingers Need!

Buffy said:
Hey Marc (AKA Skinny Fingers),

It's not that the seat position switch comes into play that much, but now that we're living in the mountains, we sure have been using the heck out of the heated seats. But as with anything, once your "buns" are warm, it is really difficult to reach down to turn off the heat switch.
Ah yes you are correct Buffy, That is one good reason why the new redsigned door pannels came out! For those without long skinny fingers could reach the switches correct?:D

R

·
0 Posts
Do all of the 05's have the new doorpanels or did this start later in the 05 production line?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Redline '05 said:
Do all of the 05's have the new doorpanels or did this start later in the 05 production line?
Based on what I am hearing, it must have started later -- because mine don't seem to provide access to the seat controls!

Vince

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Part number 15133439 is for an ebony LH panel with power mirror option. It lists for 298.03. It is supposed to be an upgraded panel for the 05 model. If it has the provision seat control access and will work, I will try the RH side. I will post the results when I find out.

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,187 Posts
The new door panels that were installed on my 03 (due to a fabric separation near the arm rest) are the upgraded door panels. Now you have room to get your had between the seat to turn on or off the heated seats (lord knows you need it up here in Wisconsin during the winter months).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Door Panel

I ordered a new LH door panel for my '04 SSR, wanting a 2005 panel, from GMPartsDirect.com. I used part number GM 15133439 that was posted on this site as the correct part number. Well I got the part in with the same part number listed on the box and on the part but it looked more like a door panel for a TrailBlazer than an SSR. I'm checking now with the supplier to find out what went wrong. RECEIVED A REPLY FROM GMPARTSDIRECT.COM TODAY, 1-13-05. THE GM PART #15133439 IS FOR THE 2005 COLORADO PICKUP ONLY. THE CORRECT PART # IS GM 89039744. IT IS FOR ALL '03 TO '05 SSR.

·
Registered
395 Posts
door panel

Welcome to the club, I also used that part # that somebody posted, and you are right it looks like it might be for a trailblazer , but it is definitely not for an SSR !!!
:agree

·
Registered
159 Posts
dingbat said:
The panels were modified on the 05s. Chevy apparently listened to the complaints of the 03 and 04 owners. :thumbs
Not all 05's have the newer panels. My 05 has the 04 panels, I'm attemting to get the dealer to change them under the warranty. I bought and paid for a 2005, and I should have all the right equipment on it.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts