Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just had my 05 SSR tuned. Man, what a difference. torque management turned down, fan kicks on at 200 degrees, shiftpoints firmed up. already took it on a 150 mi drive. seemed to get about 1 1/2 mi to gal better than before. time will tell. 360 rwhp!! 45# of torque added. this is the 3rd one he has done. The dyno is off a slingshot 6 speed. They also have torque maqnagment to turn down. Ed has just figured out the fan and tranny action. I am the 1st for that with him. well spent $450 I think. We are going to dyno mine later. ran out of time today. I will post the DYNO from the 6 SPEED. It has STOCK and TUNED runs on it. Drool you 05 owners. Ed does his own programming with his own computer software This man is always on the cutting edge of something new like this. He told me the 05 SSr program will not work on the goat and vette. He has a program for them also that he has made.
Remember mine is not a fine tune on a dyno yet. He has already procharged a c6 vette over 550 rwhp. stock xecpt for procharger. But I will wait on the magna charger, love hearing those turbines whining. I know where I will go to fine tune the supercharger. He only works on gm vehicles. Ed does ALL of Pro Chargers progaming in the pcm For their super chargers.

I mean mine is not fine tuned on the dyno yet. The program is off the dyno tuning of the 6speed, with a few alterations.

Attachments

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Nice

I like the way the torque curve got fattened up as that'll make the SSR feel like it's lighter than it is..
Keep uss posted - can hardly wait to see how the 6 speed does. :thumbs

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
BobA: Careful on that torque management.

Reese at MTI Racing adjusted my torque-reduction-during-shifts way down, and I had to adjust it back UP a bit, after I viewed my G-Tech runs.

The G-Tech RR I used logs acceleration runs in minute detail, and one of the many graphs it generates on your computer afterwards shows the calculated horsepower transmitted to the rear wheels (net after aerodynamic and road friction losses).

Before Reese partially disabled the torque reduction during shifting, there was a notable, but not intimidating upward "spike" in power transmitted during each shift, due to the torque multiplication that takes place within the torque converter whenever the engine speed and trasnmission speed don't momentarily match. After he partially disabled it, the magnitude of that spike much more than DOUBLED.

The automatic transmissions in our SSRs can't handle that kind of spiking without damage over the long term. Some of the microtuners create this spiking too (that's why they bark the tires during shifts), but that does NOT mean it is a good thing to do.

After I saw the magnitude of those spikes, I used my opwn EFILive software and cable to restore most of the torque reduction during shifts feature. It's now less intrusive than the factory setting, but you definitely don't want it completely disabled.

The graphic image below illustrates the (non-warrantied) fire you are playing with.

Jim G

Attachments

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
BobA: I see from your sidebar that your 05 SSR has the Supermaxx headers, the hi-flow cats, and an aftermarket exhaust system.

Do you have the original STOCK dyno curve as well, or was that the on e you told me was really invlaid because of other interfering issues?

I want to model your 05 in my software, but would also like a STOCK 05 to model, so that it would be of benefit to more 05 owners.

Jim G

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bob,

Any update of the 6 speed, I am more than just a little curious about the results.

Thanks,

Rob

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Bob: I am confused.

Is that dyno chart you posted above the one for your own SSR?

With headers, hi flow cats, and aftermarket exhaust?

Is it a 6-speed?

The lower of your two sets of results in the graph: Is it:
(a) Your SSR stock before tune? or
(b) Your SSR with headers, hi flow cats, aftermarket exhaust but BEFORE tune?

Jim G

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bob & Jim,

I think that I caused the confusion! After re-reading the initial post on this thread it appears as though the dyno posted was from an 05 6 speed after they dyno tune the vehicle. It further appears as though this does not reflect Bobs car or any of Bobs modifications. I guess that the Slingshot Yellow 6 Speed vehicle subject vehicle was stock other than the tune?

This said, the part that totally confuses me is the fact that this dyno tune is only available from this one vendor? Further, what torque management do they have on a 6 speed vehicle and what are the benefits to GM in having such a thing?

Thanks,

Rob

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This was the 6 speed he done 4 weeks ago. It has stock curves and tune curves on it.

hp-stock?
hp-tuned?
old Tq?
new TQ?

This a test, have your answers in by midnite. :lol :lol :flag :seeya

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jim G, I would not be surprized if Reese doesn't know of Ed Wright in Tulsa, Ok. He has people from across the U S, to Europe sending him their pcm boxes for performance tunes. I do not know a lot about this tuning. From the info gathered, I trust him like you do Reese with the SSr.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts