Chevy SSR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to mounting medical bills, Jan & I have decided to advertise our 2005 Redline Red for Sale. $24,000 Or Best Offer.

1. 77,000 "pampered" miles
2. Transmission Cable Fix
3. Fuse Box Fix
4. Cargo Light replaced with LED Bulb & Fuse replaced also
5. OEM Fan replaced with Mike's Fans (2) Front & Rear
6. New Front Tires ... Rear Tires good
7. Full Engine Cover painted Redline Red
8. New Stepper Motors (5)
9. XM/Sirius Radio (Have original Bose Radio)
10. Redline Red Console Gauges
11. WaterFall Emblem
12. Carped Cargo Area with simulated Wood Strips
13. Chrome Licensed Plate Cover (from Floyd Bailey)
14. Runnin' Boards
15. Chrome Rims
16. Rear Spoiler
17. Front Splitter
18. Mobil 1 Oil
19. Tuned by Joe Delano at September 2015 International Rally
20. Automatic (Power Glide to us guys & gals growing up in the 50's)
20. Tailgate Bow Tie replaced by original 1955 Trunk Emblem off my 55 Chevy I had back in 1957. Why I saved it, I don't know, but it sure looks good on the SSR. Much better than the "Mini" Bow Tie.
21. Clear Title - 3rd owner - had vehicle last 9 years & always garaged
22. Will get SWT RYD to put pictures on WEB site this weekend.
Will be happy to deliver within 300 miles or meet you anyplace 300 miles from Murfreesboro, Tennessee (Nashville area).

Thank you all for your consideration. Bob Alexander - tennesseecozydog - :ssr

·
Registered
22 Posts
So sorry that you are having to part ways with your pampered pet. Prayers for health sent your way.
Your description is tempting this longtime “lurker” to become a serious “looker”! Will be ing for the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,321 Posts
WOW Bob, hard to know what to say. :frown2:

You and Jan have been "staples" for our hobby here on the Forum. :smile2:

I do wish you both the very best in your future endeavors and we will still all be neighbors here on this Forum. Best of luck with your sale. Do not stay away but continue to help the rest of us with your experience.

Thanks for everything. 0:)

==============
David :black:

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Warrior=='06 :cry: :cry: :cry: we've had nearly 9 years of great fun and met some great SSRfanatics. I know it's got 77,000 miles (had 12,000 when we bought it) but 40,000 of that was going to Illinois to Route 66 Festivals and back and forth to the Smoky Mountains. It is one nice road ready little truck with several upgrades and corrections. Just have to face the cold hard facts. Thanks for your kind words. Bob Alexander - tennesseecozydog - :ssr

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
992 Posts
As an avid lurker, and seldom poster, I too have enjoyed reading your posts... You’ve got me thinking about a #2... but I’m told there is a such a thing as too many.... and something about having a car that holds more than 2 people.

Hoping the best for you.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,317 Posts
I am SO sorry to see this post Bob! It is so sad that a person needs to sell one of their most treasured possessions because of sky high medical bills.

Being SSR-Less really stinks but I know you must have given this some serious thought before posting it for sale...

I'm just so thankful that this Drill Sgt got to know you at Maggie a few years ago but I'm sure you will still hang around the forum much like I did when I was SSR-Less for a few years.

Your truck will likely sell quickly so try to enjoy every last "Permagrin" while you can! :ssr

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Robert !!! #1 Natchez Trace Cruise with you, Go daddy, HAD2HVT & t-dog. #2 in front of Todd's Complete Auto Care. #3 On old Route 66 in Illinois (farmer pickin' corn in background). #4 In front of Ariston Cafe in Litchfield, Illinois (oldest still operating cafe on original Route 66) and #5 "Cougar Day" at Goodpasture Christian School Cruise In. :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
HUAW, 54 years since I was in the United States Army, will never and I mean never forget my Drill Instructor ... SGT Billy Friday !!! Special Forces Green Beret. Meanest man I ever met ... thought he was the toughest meanest man God ever created. Thank the Good Lord he liked me and I sure felt sorry for those recruits he didn't like. Bob Alexander :ssr

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
I'm shokked

Due to mounting medical bills, Jan & I have decided to advertise our 2005 Redline Red for Sale. $24,000 Or Best Offer.

1. 77,000 "pampered" miles
2. Transmission Cable Fix
3. Fuse Box Fix
4. Cargo Light replaced with LED Bulb & Fuse replaced also
5. OEM Fan replaced with Mike's Fans (2) Front & Rear
6. New Front Tires ... Rear Tires good
7. Full Engine Cover painted Redline Red
8. New Stepper Motors (5)
9. XM/Sirius Radio (Have original Bose Radio)
10. Redline Red Console Gauges
11. WaterFall Emblem
12. Carped Cargo Area with simulated Wood Strips
13. Chrome Licensed Plate Cover (from Floyd Bailey)
14. Runnin' Boards
15. Chrome Rims
16. Rear Spoiler
17. Front Splitter
18. Mobil 1 Oil
19. Tuned by Joe Delano at September 2015 International Rally
20. Automatic (Power Glide to us guys & gals growing up in the 50's)
20. Tailgate Bow Tie replaced by original 1955 Trunk Emblem off my 55 Chevy I had back in 1957. Why I saved it, I don't know, but it sure looks good on the SSR. Much better than the "Mini" Bow Tie.
21. Clear Title - 3rd owner - had vehicle last 9 years & always garaged
22. Will get SWT RYD to put pictures on WEB site this weekend.
Will be happy to deliver within 300 miles or meet you anyplace 300 miles from Murfreesboro, Tennessee (Nashville area).

That is really sad, sad, sad. I can see by the photos of your truck that you really loved that red ride Bob. I am so sorry to hear your need to sell it. I wish you and your wife all the very best in your future and will hope you can make it back one day to own another SSR. Until then, many happy trails.

Respectfully,

Stew :ssr

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,417 Posts

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Bob . . . say it ain't so.

! :grouphug ! :angel ! :grouphug ! :angel ! :grouphug !

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,898 Posts
Say it isn't so!!! Sorry to hear that. Ms Jan and you are in our prayers. Medical bills suck. Even if you do sell it stay on this site. You are a dear friend. Maybe another one down the road. Who knows?

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
Bob
You were the first Fanatic I met the day after I picked up my SSR, I enjoyed your company and friendship then and do now. Prayers to you and your wife Jan and hope to continue to hear from you.
All the best to you and your family.
Remember "Red Turns Heads"
Good luck with the sale and some one will be getting a nice truck.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Bob,

Best wishes to you and Jan during this difficult time. :grouphug

I hope the sale goes smoothly; It's a unique vehicle, well taken care of, at a fair price! :ssr

We'll miss you at the Southeast Rally this year. :crying:

Alex

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,351 Posts
Bob,
So sorry to hear that it has come to this. Good luck on your sale and may you both have a good life from here on out.

I hope you get to the point of having another SSR and that you continue to hang with the rest of us here because, as many have said before me, we are a family and you are certainly part of it.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.