Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is more info on the 05 SSR. Apparently this is all confirmed as of this post.....

'05 SSR Rumored To Get 390 HP LS2... 0-60 in ~5.0 Seconds. :thumbs

Confirming earlier rumors, reports out of a briefing informing dealers of new product in the pipeline indicate that the 2005 Chevy SSR will be available with a new version of the all aluminum 6.0L LS2 V8 developed for the new C6 Corvette.

To preserve the Corvette's bragging rights for its 400HP engine, the SSR's LS2 will be slightly detuned to produce approximately 380-390 HP, :mad though it is likely to have more torque than the C6 version. With the new mill the SSR is said to be produce 0-60 times in the low 5 second range with quarter mile times under 14 seconds. LS2 equipped models will be available with a new six speed manual gearbox or an upgraded 4L65E automatic, along with a beefier differential. ;)

These upgrades have probably been part of the SSR's product planning from the outset. The new LS2 will eventually be available in other Chevy and GMC trucks, in part to counter Dodge's wildly popular 5.7L 340HP Hemi and Ford's rumored 6.2L 'Hurricane' V8 in Detroit's truck horsepower race.

:cool

F

·
0 Posts
6.0 liter std. or optional for 05 ?

I have read numerous posts and articles claiming the 6.0 liter will be "available" for 05 but will it be the only engine in the SSR or will there be a standard engine( same as 5.3 now) and the 6.0 will be optional?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6.0 Option?

Excellent ?.

But I believe I read somewhere that the 6.0 WILL b THE engine. NO OPTIONS.

The only option will b the tranny pkge n MAYB rear gear choice.

:cool

1 - 3 of 3 Posts