Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm New to this Site, No SSR yet but have been researching for two months now. I have found an 05 Aqua Blur (tough decision...... love all colors) and it is loaded. Has a $51,500 Sticker. Dealer is at 35K now. 17 miles on the Truck. I have read where some have gotten them for $29,995 etc but this is a Loaded truck with just about every option. One like it with $2500 less in options just sold for $32,900 on eBay. I either want an Aqua Blurr or a Black with the Chrome which means 06 which means I wait until they deal on 06's.

Do you Think that 35K is a super deal on a 51.5K truck or will prices continue downward ?

I purchased my Prowler just about the same way - right before they went out of production and there was 8K hold back on them. The Prowler dropped off a bit for a while but has staretd to climb back up...... Will the SSR do the same ?

Thanks and have enjoyed reading about these trucks. When I do get one, it will get a supercharger as well..... Can't wait !

Thanks,

John

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
If I knew the answers to where the prices will go I'd be a rich man.. Seriously though. 35K sounds like a pretty good price. You'll easily get 5K of enjoyment out of it for the month you're driving it versus the hassle of continued looking.
Either way you'll enjoy the ride when you have it.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
If it has what you want and is the color, then I say go for it!!! I paid alot more2 years ago so you are getting a deal!:) Go On Join The Club

·
Registered
893 Posts
Go for it.....

hdflstf said:
If I knew the answers to where the prices will go I'd be a rich man.. Seriously though. 35K sounds like a pretty good price. You'll easily get 5K of enjoyment out of it for the month you're driving it versus the hassle of continued looking.
Either way you'll enjoy the ride when you have it.
:agree :agree
Go for it......the price sounds good.......and ya better jump on it before someone grabs it out from under you........I gave a tad under $36,000.00 for mine back in Aug.......You might .....mind you, I say, Might find one a little cheaper......but where will you have to go to get and how many headaches will you have to go through.........only to loose the "BIRD IN THE HAND"....Just my thought:seeya

·
Registered
234 Posts
The price is right. The 2006s may not adjust down as much due to the announcement of the end of production.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Prices will continue to drop through the winter but your situation has limited choice. If you wait, you will find SSRs priced right but they won't be black with chrome. The answer to the question needs to be ........... Are YOU happy with getting the aqua blur for $36K??? I would go in and offer $34K and then wait a week or so and pay the $36K if they do not call you. Fun, huh? I am a month away from doing all this.......

·
Registered
132 Posts
John,

most eveyone here is telling you go and head and pull trigger....however as you well know there are still tons of SSRs out there and you can add the chrome package later if you find one without it.. I think you sould be able to get one around 30k...it may take you a little longer........ to me 5k is lot of $$$ but then to some fun is worth all the $$ in world sooo it is up to......

welcome to the site.....how are thing at poa ??? since i don't post over there anymore ..

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
DavidN said: "you can add the chrome package later if you find one without it."

Yes and no on that one. If he wants the chrome pkg that includes all the interior chrome pieces then it has to be an '06...unless he were to buy all those pieces separately and I shudder to think what that might cost! If he is happy with just the exterior pieces then the dealer package can be ordered...and as discussed on another thread, the exterior package is kind of pricey for what you get. That 35K for a loaded '05 sure sounds like a good deal...I would jump on it...escecially since it's aqua blur!!:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
:smash Just did all that. Recieved SSR Jan 27 th. Lots of '05 s out there so get it as close to what you want and then "PULL THE TRIGGER". Just be aware the dealer is taking about a 5K (for real) Bite in the Butt selling a 51K vehicle @35K As for the '06 s anything can happen. Don,t get hung up on a grand or so because "the crazy people" and you know who you are! Are going to make you spend a whole lot more. And you can take that (more like from) the bank.:smash

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the advice - I don't have to do it now but the Bug bites so If I can find the right one at the right price I may get one soon. I agree about the "bird in hand" because I have already been spending too much time on this. I love the Aqua Blurr and this one is loaded..... Will visit the Dealer today. This should be fun !!!:cool

DaveN - POA is still great. Everyone is well...... I still Love the Prowler.

Thanks !

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts