Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's, I understand that for 05' the SSR will have a 395 HP option with a 6 speed trans. My question is will there be an automatic available with this motor?
I want to order an 05' and would like to know of any new options or recomendations. Also I can help anybody interested in a Stainless Magnaflow catback system for our cost to guys on this board for $387.55 plus UPS fees, we stock several for the specialy vehicals. (949) 760-5070, Thanks, Mofo

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Automatic & 6 speed

The O5s look the same and here are some of the new options that will be available.

Here are a few:

- 6-speed manual & Automatic
-Auqa Blurr color (purple/green) *I saw a 05 pilot at the plant and to ME in the sun it looks more like a deeper blue* :confused
-Mono Color Scheme i.e. engine cover, gauges & running board trim are the same color as body
-Wind Break Screen (attaches to the seat backs)
-MPeg3 radio
-Quilted/padded front cover
-Aux. gauge pkg. (was released late 04 production)

**should be 390 HP

·
Registered
152 Posts
Clarity on the '05

Appears the the automatic (M32) is the "standard" transmission; this is really the same transmission as the M30 that is in the 03/04 SSr's, just beefed up a bit for the extra power the LS2 delivers. :smash

The 6 speed manual is an option and for an extra charge, likely in the order of $750 (per my buddy @ GM).... :nopity

As for the colors, the "source" told me last week that the Aqua Blur will be surcharged by the time final pricing is determined, in the same way as the Slingshot Yellow has been, but that that premium was still "under consideration".

One final tidbit, understand that the 05's will begin coming off the line the third week of August and that the 6 speeds will not be produced until November,,,,,, in that regard, does anyone know if they are still rolling out '04's and what the current serial number range is (i.e. have the serial numbers gone past 12 thousand yet)?

:party

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Final Order numbers

I am not sure where the serial numbers are at right now but when I get back from my 2 week GM Shutdown I will ask my contact at the SSR plant.

They should be able to forcast an approx. number build out for the end of 04 production.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts