Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I plan on ordering a 05' friday and wanted to ask about any options not to get. I am going to order the auto instead of the six speed as I have a SRT-10 with the six speed and am getting tired of shifting in traffic. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks, Larry

·
Registered
111 Posts
I ordered one last Friday.

There are only a couple of options that I did not order. I did not order the Color Keyed running boards & Interior gauges. I ordered a Matelic Silver vehicle and can't tell the defference between the Satin Chrome and the Silver Matilic on the running boards and gauges. I addition, I want the Wood Grain strips in the cargo area and when you order the "Color-Keyed" package, it includes "color-key'ed" stripes in the cargo area. I did not order the Cargo saddle bags... didn't see much use for them in the way that I will be using the truck (or is it a car or is it a roadster?). I also did not order the Custom floor mats. I figure I will want to order a spare set from the parts department and when I do, I will order the custom ones.

I hope this helps... I'd also be interested in anyone else's thoughts.......

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Ordering options

Bill has it down pat....

I had ordered my Silver SSR and I wanted these options.

Chrome wheels
Aux. Gauges
Custom Carpets
Carpet trunk area w/wood strips
GM SSR black car cover (ordered later from gmpartsdirect.com)

I didn't order these dealer installed options; because if I wanted them later I could order them.

Side Saddle bags
Cargo Netting
Trailer Hitch

Now you have to consider there are some NEW additional options for 05.

Wind Breaker
Color Key Optional boards, engine cover and gauges pkg. (I wouldn't order them if you were getting the Silver color).

PS the one thing I would recommend that you should do is if you really wanted these options; chrome wheels, carpeted trunk w/ wood strips and or the color keyed options then it would be best to order them from the factory.

M

·
0 Posts
Marc NY said:
Bill has it down pat....

I had ordered my Silver SSR and I wanted these options.

Chrome wheels
Aux. Gauges
Custom Carpets
Carpet trunk area w/wood strips
GM SSR black car cover (ordered later from gmpartsdirect.com)

I didn't order these dealer installed options; because if I wanted them later I could order them.

Side Saddle bags
Cargo Netting
Trailer Hitch

Now you have to consider there are some NEW additional options for 05.

Wind Breaker
Color Key Optional boards, engine cover and gauges pkg. (I wouldn't order them if you were getting the Silver color).

PS the one thing I would recommend that you should do is if you really wanted these options; chrome wheels, carpeted trunk w/ wood strips and or the color keyed options then it would be best to order them from the factory.

Doesn't the 1SB package come with the engine cover? I think you have to have the 1SB package to order chrome wheels.

B

·
0 Posts
Mofo...

I currently have a 01 Lightning and am almost at 90K....Ford just suspended the next generation Lightning so I need to make another choice...I narrowed it down to the Ram SRT-10 and the SSR...can you give me some thoughts on the SRT-10...I would also like any advice from the SSR owners....

I like the performance of the Lightning and noticed that the 05 SSR will put out 380HP...I'm hoping it performs close to the "L"...

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
Dear Badd,
You will get a lot more attention with the SSR, so you have to want that. The manual '05 will run close to 5 second 0-60. I do not know how that compares with the other vehicles. This vehicle is a lot more unique that the others you are considering and it always will be because of the low volume production.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just drove an 05 SSR definatly has more low end power than my 04 will smoke rears with traction control off but not enough difference to make me trade

·
Registered
72 Posts
Marc_NY has it correct. I ordered an '05 with the:
1SB (the dealer didn't even ask)
14P (chrome wheels)
ERK (cargo compartment trim)
VXM (body color accent package w/running boards)
BKF ( custom floor mats, my wife told me to stop being a cheap sake)
and of course the new aqua blur color. The color keyed aux gauges come with the VXM.
I plan to buy the rhobbel wind blocker. So this leaves out the cargo netting, towing package and side-saddle storage options.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys for all your input. I went to the dealer friday and ordered a Black SSR with all the options. They offered me $43,000.00 trade on my 04' SRT-10 at window sticker which is $50,040.00 Mofo

M

·
0 Posts
Mofo said:
Thanks Guys for all your input. I went to the dealer friday and ordered a Black SSR with all the options. They offered me $43,000.00 trade on my 04' SRT-10 at window sticker which is $50,040.00 Mofo
Curious - what did you think of the SRT-10? All I've seen are rave reviews and am curious what a trade-in owner thinks! Or was it just the blatant superiority of the SSR? ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts