Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been all up under the new truck and for the life of me, I can not find the wiring harness. It was neatly fastened behind the driver side rear tire on the 04, and the manual says it should be there on the 05, but nothing.

Am I blind or is it in a different place?

Diggs

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Diggs said:
I've been all up under the new truck and for the life of me, I can not find the wiring harness. It was neatly fastened behind the driver side rear tire on the 04, and the manual says it should be there on the 05, but nothing.

Am I blind or is it in a different place?

Diggs
My 03 didn't look like it was there but it was really wapped in tape. You have to cut the tape off. There is no connector, you must add it yourself.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope

I could not find them, but it was admittedly a quick dig around under there. Work and the weather have stopped me from doing a more thorough search.

I wonder if one of the plug-in connectors for a Trailblazer would work? Since the truck is based on a Trailblazer, maybe....

Diggs

·
Registered
253 Posts
I tell you what, tomorrow I go see my buddy at Hopkins (the make all those plugin adaptors) and see what he has. I'll get back to ya.

G

·
Trailer harness

The wiring harness for the trailer is on the drivers side at the rear of the frame rail on top or to the side of the frame almost to the rear bumper. It is taped up in there....Jamie

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hopkins Manufacturing

My friend at Hopkins confered with all his coworkers, they have nothing to offer us. He said it was a do your own thing, wiring harnes is there just add you own plug to fit the style on hookup on your trailer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts