Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 and thinking of being pro active over reactive and wanted to know if the fuse box is a common part for the base? Could I go to my local pick a part and get one off a Trail Blaser and send it to get repaired so I have it for when or if mine goes bad? I thought I read someplace that they are used on may applications with different configurations and layouts on the top side.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,369 Posts
Well, yes, no or maybe......... I think the boxes are the same, but it has been quite some time since I looked at that option. ILet's say they were the same, the problem would be the fuse layout and where the traces go. If, and I think so, the plastic is formed the same between the 2, you could spend the hours needed tracing each fuse and where they go and redo all the internal wiring. Quite the headache.

But no, you cannot go get a box from the TB and install it in the R. It is a quick repair and not much longer to take off and separate the unit. Your local hobby shop has the wire, should be an easy 45 minute or so job from start to finish.

·
Registered
2006 Ricochet Silver B.O.D. 12/06/2005
91 Posts
Since there have been quite a few postings on the Hot Start Problem. For less than $6.00 I now carry a temporary fuse box jumper. Seems like an easy and cheap solution to a possible embarrassing trip.

Ed Borland has provided an excellent document on the Emergency Fuse Box Jumper!

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx...884&parId=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&app=PowerPoint

I purchased the 2 fuse connectors from eBay. Had no issues with the China purchase and shipping. For a few more dollars, I'm certain you could get the fuse circuit jumper from a local auto parts store.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Add-a...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Sure hope I never have to use the jumper, but if so I'll have one in the glove box.

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
The two fuse connector is available locally for the Fanatics that have a MENARDS in their area.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,563 Posts
Also available at O'Reilly's and other auto part stores. I also carry one to help out those in need. I keep it in a small bag so I have a place to put the relay safe until it goes back in.

·
My First Permagrin !
570 Posts
Also available at O'Reilly's and other auto part stores. I also carry one to help out those in need. I keep it in a small bag so I have a place to put the relay safe until it goes back in.
Hi Dwight
I was going to set a jumper to carry just in case also .
My question is what amp fuse does the jumper wire require ?
From the pic on the one drive it shows a 10 and a 20 amp side by side on both ends on the jumper .
Thanks for any info . Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts