Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
When I first drive my 2005 SSR after it has sat in the garage for a couple days, the front-end vibrates for first 3-5 miles driving over 60 mph and then it smooths out. It feels like the tires are "out of round". Has anyone else experienced this?

Would appreciate your comments.

Cruise on....

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
vibrations

noticed this on one occassion on my '04--it was almost like one of the tires had some gravel stuck in the grooves. after it "warmed up" everything was fine

·
Registered
371 Posts
The tires do get flat spotted if you drive it a while, get the tires hot, and then park it on the cold concrete in your garage. After they warm up from driving, the flat spots go away.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I think livin2B is right on. When I first test drove my car it had pretty severe vibration. Also felt the vibration two days later when I took her off the lot and drove her home but only for the first five or so miles. No problem since but here in NC I pretty much get to take her out every day.

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,210 Posts
My road up here has been so bumpy for the past year that I haven't noticed (or couldn't tell the diferance) any flat spots. Even after the new pavement was laid down all the vehicles vibrate the same amount, so I'd have to go with, The road just ain't flat. Once I turn onto another street (about 1 mile up the road) that hasn't been repaved it rides pretty smooth.

·
Registered
162 Posts
yeah seriously - i wish our california roads were nice enough to know what you guys are talking about!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
131 Posts
pesos said:
yeah seriously - i wish our california roads were nice enough to know what you guys are talking about!!! :rolleyes:
I was really impressed with the roads and highways in Clovis Ca. area on a recent visit at the Pelco factor. Like many country boys, it was my first chance to see where most of our groceries come from. I loved the weather and the hospitality.

jerry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts