Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
41,581 Posts
$10K for a running/driving 6.0 SSR!! It's been on this forum for 2 months and no one has swooped it up. What's wrong with this picture?
A few years ago I was trying to sell my Camaro and I was asking a fair price. I advertised it for 6 months and no calls that's when my wife Sherrie said your not asking enough you are not catching the eye of the right people so I raised the price significantly and within one week I had 4 calls and the first guy to come and look at it took it and did not try to talk me down, so sometimes too good of a price scares potential buyers off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
$10K for a running/driving 6.0 SSR!! It's been on this forum for 2 months and no one has swooped it up. What's wrong with this picture?
Amazes me, also, wizzr. I'm sure COVID19 has much to do with it. As the country eases out of "lockdown" a lot of interest is returning (mostly from the many other SSR sites). Regretting lowering the price from $12,000, but what is done is done. I've friends in SoCal that know me and this truck for the 14 years I've owned it are astonished at this price. Still on hold for a local SoCal resident that has owned several of these amazing trucks and needs additional time to facilitate transfer. Thank you for your interest.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Poor communications, I made a Cash offer. Havent seen any pictures at all.
Sorry, oldfred, I didn't think you were serious. Struck me as odd someone would make a "firm" offer and request additional pictures at the same time. At any rate, I'm turning down that offer. And, as usual, thank you for your interest.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,781 Posts
A few years ago I was trying to sell my Camaro and I was asking a fair price. I advertised it for 6 months and no calls that's when my wife Sherrie said your not asking enough you are not catching the eye of the right people so I raised the price significantly and within one week I had 4 calls and the first guy to come and look at it took it and did not try to talk me down, so sometimes too good of a price scares potential buyers off.
That worked for me when I sold my custom 81 Corvette. had no luck then raised the price $5K and sold it right away for the asking price to a broker buying for a Middle East Client! Was told I was just attracting bargain hunters at the lower price, the higher price actually got more serious interest from people with the $.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
That worked for me when I sold my custom 81 Corvette. had no luck then raised the price $5K and sold it right away for the asking price to a broker buying for a Middle East Client! Was told I was just attracting bargain hunters at the lower price, the higher price actually got more serious interest from people with the $.
LOL . . . you guys, James and Texas, are giving me ideas. :rolleyes:

New battery didn't get installed last night. Son has two jobs and is hauling ahs right now on both of them and insist on doing it himself. Since I'm almost 81 and in his "soon-to-croak" category he doesn't even like me washing and detailing my baby. Kids ! :)

·
Slingshot Rules!
67,800 Posts
LOL . . . you guys, James and Texas, are giving me ideas. :rolleyes:

New battery didn't get installed last night. Son has two jobs and is hauling ahs right now on both of them and insist on doing it himself. Since I'm almost 81 and in his "soon-to-croak" category he doesn't even like me washing and detailing my baby. Kids ! :)

One thing is for sure, Weary . . .

If I had space to give your R a good home . . . I would be on the next bus heading West with checkbook in hand.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
One thing is for sure, Weary . . .

If I had space to give your R a good home . . . I would be on the next bus heading West with checkbook in hand.

Thank you, DOOPHUS . . . You would above all others be one that could provide a good home for my Lil Red Wagon. Have enjoyed your posts over the years as well as all the ole timers that are still on this site. I've been a member of several organizations, but I've always contended that the SSR Fanatics are without a doubt the absolute neatest people on earth. Many Internationals and local runs with my SoCal buds and the Grand Daddy of all SSR Runs, the Laughlin River Run have proven that.

·
Georgia SSRers
982 Posts
Sorry, oldfred, I didn't think you were serious. Struck me as odd someone would make a "firm" offer and request additional pictures at the same time. At any rate, I'm turning down that offer. And, as usual, thank you for your interest.
Why would you think the offer was NOT serious. I gave you specifics. OBVIOUSLY you really don't want to sell the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Why would you think the offer was NOT serious. I gave you specifics. OBVIOUSLY you really don't want to sell the car.
Operative word in your offer while still asking for pictures "firm" struck me as a contradiction. Incidentally, I wasn't selling a car. FWIW, I took a bunch of pictures of my TRUCK and once I learn how to post them on a site which these days has so many restrictions on "non-paying-members". (making it easier for their members to purchase SSRs would be tantamount to me, but what do I know) On many other SSR sites my pics are posted. I'm not even sure if I can list an e-mail here. Dwight, a good friend, I'm sure knows.

·
Slingshot Rules!
67,800 Posts
FWIW, I took a bunch of pictures of my TRUCK and once I learn how to post them on a site

Good Morning, Gary . . .

Even though I do NOT want you to sell your R . . . if you e-mail your pictures to me, I will be more than happy to post them for you.

Plan B . . . give me a call and I will walk you through the posting process. It's fairly simple.

The choice is yours and once again . . . IF I ONLY HAD SPACE.

·
Georgia SSRers
982 Posts
Operative word in your offer while still asking for pictures "firm" struck me as a contradiction. Incidentally, I wasn't selling a car. FWIW, I took a bunch of pictures of my TRUCK and once I learn how to post them on a site which these days has so many restrictions on "non-paying-members". (making it easier for their members to purchase SSRs would be tantamount to me, but what do I know) On many other SSR sites my pics are posted. I'm not even sure if I can list an e-mail here. Dwight, a good friend, I'm sure knows.
OMG As if I didn't know what the "truck" looked like, Just didn't know what YOUR particular one looked like.
Hell, I'm as old as you are and already have TWO R's.
I'm insulted by your response, I have been on FANATICS for a long time.
OH well, I'll just use the 9K for some ice-cream.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Good Morning, Gary . . .

Even though I do NOT want you to sell your R . . . if you e-mail your pictures to me, I will be more than happy to post them for you.

Plan B . . . give me a call and I will walk you through the posting process. It's fairly simple.

The choice is yours and once again . . . IF I ONLY HAD SPACE.

[/QUOTE

Thanks, DOOPHUS,

I don't have your email or phone # to text you the pics. All the pics are on my phone.
If you want you can text me at (661)902-9221 or email me at [email protected]. Both of these will most likely be redacted by the powers that be on this site, however. Not the same site it was back in 2004. I think COVID is making the transfer difficult for many potential buyers. Would prefer the Lil Red Wagon stay in the Southwest and not be stuck in a garage 6 months out of the year.

Thanks again.
Gary Rounds, Weary Eagle

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,006 Posts
Sorry Gary. Your Premium membership has run out and you, therefore, cannot post contact information.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
My son installed a new battery in my "R" Saturday night along with some pretty spicy words for the designers at General Motors. So this deal jumps in value another $200 . . . what are you waiting for ?

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
My son installed a new battery in my "R" Saturday night along with some pretty spicy words for the designers at General Motors. So this deal jumps in value another $200 . . . what are you waiting for ?
O I just read thru this posting. I'm NOT in the market for another SSR But I have to ask because I am totally confused. You state you are holding it for a SoCal dude but then you are asking why no one has stepped up to buy it. Please, which is it, On Hold or for sale?????? Just confused.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts