Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1/6/06 Dinner - Appreciation Dinner for Copilots

For most of us, there are two passions in our lives - Our Copilot and our :ssr . This dinner is for the copilots that put up with our other passion. This is a GREAT way to start the new year.
:party :party :party
Here's the particulars on the event:

Friday evening January 6th
Rustler's Rooste (Pointe South Mountain)

Gathering is planned between 5:30 and 7:30, come when you can.:grouphug
Lounge reservations under "SSR Fanatics" starting @ 5:30.
An area will be set aside for our use. :cheers
Complimentary Hors d'oeuvres.
Happy hour runs 4:30 to 6:30.

Eating is planned to start @ 7:30. :grouphug
Dinner Reservations at 7:30pm under "SSR Fanatics".

Valet parking is going to set aside an area at the front of the restaurant for us to park. Parking there will cost you a few bucks, whether the valet does it, or you do it yourself.

Please discuss this with your copilot and provide confirmation on this thread. I'll coordinate parking :ssr count with the valet and the reservation headcount with the restaurant. I'll keep a running log of who is coming on this post. :thumbs

Here's the web site:
http://www.rustlersrooste.com/

See You there,

Mike

Attending: :grouphug
Mike in AZ - Debbie & Mike
fourhounds - Doris & Paul
Blueeyes bo - Connie & Frank
Blueeyes #2 - Cynthia & Russ
C1Trob - Sharon & Rob
Wilddesertwolf - Sandy & Hank
AZblond - Tom & Susan
Furykay - Tressa & Kay
tradertom - Lynn & Tom
Doug SSR AZ - Sol & Doug
StepPrinting - Lori & Joe
COWBOYVETTE - Sandra & Rich
ssr 05 - Claudia & Tom
Bonnie DiRienzo - Bonnie & frank

·
Registered
631 Posts
:thumbs Okay, me first! Her first? Us first!? (Looks like Mike has found another way to separate me from some of my hard-earned $$!) Dammit, he cried! Is this a draw-back to having 2 :ssr 's? Naw, ain't no draw-backs! We will be there with 2 :ssr 's, 2 drivers and 2 co-pilots, looking forward to an evening of good food and good fun with good folk! (Second best day of my life: sold my snow-blower!!) Fun in the Valley of the Sun - Top down year 'round! C U There! :jester

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Mike in AZ said:
For most of us, there are two passions in our lives - Our :ssr and our Copilot. This dinner is for the copilots that put up with our other passion. This is a GREAT way to start the new year.
:party :party :party
Here's the particulars on the event:

Friday evening January 6th
Rustler's Rooste (Pointe South Mountain)

Gathering is planned between 5:30 and 7:30, come when you can.:grouphug
Lounge reservations under "SSR Fanatics" starting @ 5:30.
An area will be set aside for our use. :cheers
Complimentary Hors d'oeuvres.
Happy hour runs 4:30 to 6:30. :cheers

Eating is planned to start @ 7:30. :grouphug
Dinner Reservations at 7:30pm under "SSR Fanatics".

Valet parking is going to set aside an area at the front of the restaurant for us to park. Parking there will cost you a few bucks, whether the valet does it, or you do it yourself.

Please discuss this with your copilot and provide confirmation on this thread. I'll coordinate parking :ssr count with the valet and the reservation headcount with the restaurant. I'll keep a running log of who is coming on this post. :thumbs

Here's the web site:
http://www.rustlersrooste.com/

See You there,

Mike
Funny you picked there, we are going this coming saturday.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Co-Pilot Appreciation

Not that I would ever correct my elders, (Mike) but,
my first passion is my CO-PILOT. Second is my :ssr
With that said, please add Sharon & Rob to the list.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Mike (the Elder)

Hey, Mike the Elder (what C1Trob said! :reddevil ) - What an unfortunate sequence to list your passions...! Russ & Cynthia will join us for the 6th (if we're still invited). ;)

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I stand corrected....

You are both VERY right. Our first passion has to be with our mate. :angel I never intended for any other meaning. The :ssr must always be #2....... lest we end up sleeping in it.

I'm negotiating with the restaurant for a flat rate cost per couple including parking and tip with a somewhat limited menu selection. You know, the meat, chicken or fish thing.... This is necessitated by the group size causing a single bill from the restraunt.
I expect that it will be about $50 to $55 per couple on a single, group check. I'll post the final cost as soon as possible and work out the details for payment in the next week. Drinks are the optional thing that will be the responsibility of each couple, separate from the food, parking and tip bill.
Wear your dancin' boots, cuz there will be live music. :party

Mike

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dinner for 2 more

I have convinced my better half to eat in public with me. So mark us down for 2.
Hank & Sandy or should that be Sandy & Hank?

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got Ya

Wilddesertwolf added. Good point on the names Hank.

Four ???? in front of fourhounds - Has Doris consented to be seen in public with you yet, Paul????

$55 per couple looks to be the price for the evening. It covers a selection of entrees, drinks (non-alcohol), gratuities, tax and parking. Alcohol and desert (if you have room) will be billed individually. The menu options are: Chicken, Salmon, Steak & Enchiladas, Prime Rib and Pork Chops. I'll post the actual menu next week, after some more details are worked out.

Later,

Mike

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Mike in AZ said:
Wilddesertwolf added. Good point on the names Hank.

Four ???? in front of fourhounds - Has Doris consented to be seen in public with you yet, Paul????

$55 per couple looks to be the price for the evening. It covers a selection of entrees, drinks (non-alcohol), gratuities, tax and parking. Alcohol and desert (if you have room) will be billed individually. The menu options are: Chicken, Salmon, Steak & Enchiladas, Prime Rib and Pork Chops. I'll post the actual menu next week, after some more details are worked out.

Later,

Mike
CONSENTED!
paul :ssr :ssr

·
Registered
7 Posts
:yesnod :ssr
Thanks
for
coming
up
with
this
GREAT
idea!!
Tom and I are looking forward to attending in our 'Yella' SSR.

ø¤ºLETSº¤ø,¸¸,¤ºGOº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºPARTYº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºIN º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºSSR'sº¤
:ssr

·
Registered
631 Posts
Cool

Missed you guys at the last couple cruises; glad to see you'll be out for the dinner - alway appreciate a chance to bench-race and otherwise stretch the truth with other owners! Look forward to seeing you there. Connie & Frank :jester

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Have Wife , Will Travel

Hi Mike , I found out this afternoon that l will be in Yuma thru Jan 22. please add Tressa and me to your list . We will be looking forward to meeting the groupe again. Kay

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maps for You

Kay,

I think you said you'd be coming in from Casa Grande. Take I-10 West to Phoenix, get off on the Baseline exit, cross under the freeway (headed West) and then turn left on South Pointe Parkway. Rustler's Rooste is up on the hill. There are signs in the Pointe Parkway that will guide you. If you get lost, call me on my cell- 602-821-6846.

Here's some maps for you. I tried to keep it simple, cuz I think you are on dial-up in Yuma.

Regards,

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
az north,south,east and west SSR's

Is there any lodging available close to the Rooste so our out of Phoenix friends can join in the fun? :ssr

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Lodgings

There is the Pointe S.Mtn and a little bit east of there on Baseline there are 2 or 3 other small hotels.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts