Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Found More Of The Red And White [1] And Yellow And Silver [2] Ssr's At Target In Victorville Saterday Also Redish Brown Ones [2] There Still Out There

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Hey Mark...no fair! I work one block away from Target and go there nearly every day and missed these...leave it to an out-of-towner to find all the good stuff! Plus, ya shoulda given me a call, surely ECurtis and a few others would have come out to meet another fanatic!

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Soory

SORRY IT WAS ONE OF THOSE QUICK THINGS. RUN INTO TOWN PICK UP OUR DAUGHTER AND STUFF AND GET OUT OF DODGE. MAYBE NEXT TIME WHEN WE HAVE A LITTLE MORE TIME. WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE YOU GUYS. MY WIFES OTHER DAUGHTER LIVES THERE STILL.... YEA MY WIFE SAID LETS GO TO TARGET AND LOOK FOR SOMTHING FOR THE GRAND BABY. OK I WENT DIRECTLY TO THE TOY DEPT. FIRST THING I SAW WAS THE RED AND WHITE SSR HANGING ON THE FIRST HOOK. FORGOT ABOUT WHO I WAS LOOKING FOR. ITS FUN, LIKE LOOKING FOR LOST TREASURE....NEXT TIME:seeya

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
SSR from Eckerds

You should see the nice one I got from Eckerds. Its a nice red one with an American flag painted on it. The different thing about this one is that it is a Monster truck with steering. Looks great. 1/64th scale too made by Mastio. I would post a pic of it if I could...

·
Premium Member
31,659 Posts
wildcat66 said:
We don't have Eckerds anymore we have CVS!
Wow... CVS has made it that far south? They're like a plague around here. They have practically swept the land clear of all competition in the north east.

Anyway, I stopped in at Wally world yesterday (Walmart) and found the "1 BADD RIDE" SSRs. I also found some under the brand "Kids Connection". One was about 1/32 scale, the other was the smaller 1/64 size double pack. It was the SSR and prowler together. I had to get them all of course!

If no one's seen the second brand, I'll take the time to post some pictures up.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Yep CVS is everywhere now. I have seen the "kids connection" at Walmart, did you see the blue SSR in the Easter Egg? Same one that is in the kids connection packs!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Has anyone else seen the red SSr towing a Red Z06...Pretty cool deal comes with a SSR, Z06 and a neat trailor to tow the car on...Both are red and made by Maisto..got it at Wallyworld for just under $13.00. The size is about 1/24. Doors open, hood ,:seeya etc...

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1/24 Ssr & Minni

No But I Picked Up A 1/24 Scale Red Ssr Towing A Red New Minni Cooper At Target Last Year....

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
You guys are going to break me.:banghead I already have about 20 diecast SSRs in all sizes. Now I'm looking in the stores for more! BTW one of my first was the green Tonka SSR 1/64 that Keith asked about. It says on the package it is an '01 Chevy SSR concept. That was pretty optimistic on their part.:skep I bought the red and white one and the orange Johnny lightning. If I keep this up I'll have to skip meals.:mad

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Picture doesn't want to come out to clear because of the reflection! But here you go, SSR In Easter Egg
There is a trick you can use. Most digital cameras will lock in the auto-focus by pressing the shutter button 1/2 way down. Try that then lean toward the object, about 1-2 inches in this case, then fully press the shutter button. Your mileage may vary, so try it a few times with various post focus adjustments.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
1st Toy

I bought my first die cast in San Francisco at the Sharper Image - was back in May 2002 - and that packaging had "2000 Concept" on it! (Stayed at the then Brand NEW 'W' hotel!)

Still don't have the GREEN Tonka (did find the Orange one)...

Just got the easter egg SSR - for a buck each at Wallys...

Have Several "1Bad Rides" TwoTones...

Now - How many of you have the Pewter display that has two SSR's (top up & down) that are numbered ### of 500??? THIS is my most treasured collectable - have seen it on eBay ONCE - with a cracked base...

I've had co-workers bring me goodies that they have picked up when on travels...

We need to set up a thread that shows all of the various SSR STUFF that is out there!

SF Pics: (L-R)
1) MOMA w/ the 'W' to the right..
2) Moscone center from the balcony of the 'W'
3) Thru the waterfall...
4) Top of Twin Peaks...

Attachments

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Lets start taking some PICS of the various stuff - we can list 5 items per post - and keep the first post for a 'Master List" of the toys out there - perhaps use it as a way to trade - when we have more than one of a particular toy??

I'll start in on my collection today after work! :thumbs

1 - 20 of 29 Posts