Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got 2 new SSR's :yesnod at Wal-mart . They are "1 BADD RIDE " series 1 . two tone 2005 First one is top SMOKIN' ASPHALT , bottom SLINGSHOT YELLOW with dual tips on dual exhausts . Second one is top , Candy apple red met. , bottom Pearl white met. . Both come with a card matching paint job , on back of card , it reads

427 LS1
675 RWHP
650 Ft.Lbs.
6 Speed Transmission
Rear mounted fuel cell
5-point racing harness

web site www.1BADDRIDE.com

I think they were $2.59 a piece

Attachments

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,377 Posts
Diecast

Hi,
Please let me know how much they were at Walmart. I have looked daily and can't find them here locally. I am almost ready to place an EBay order but am holding back because of the higher cost. I also cannot find the book "SSR an American Original" nor can I find the 1:18 scale Maisto diecast SSR in yellow. I am really bummed that the local stores where I am don't get what I hear most everyone else gets.
If someone can find these items and wants to send them to me as a package deal I'd appreciate it. Of course I'd pick up all associated costs ........ I guess Santa couldn't find them either as they were on the list.

Still lookin'
:seeya

·
Registered
216 Posts
Interesting! I see they have taken the marker lights out of the front grill. I have been wondering how that would look...

Now all I have to do is find someone to fabricate a new cross bar that reaches to the edge of the headlights (rather than through them), move the markers into the center of the headlights, and replace the grill bar where they were with a solid one...Hey Marc / Buffy, lets see some photochops of this?

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I haven't seen the BaddRide SSR at any stores yet. Maybe ToysRus will have them. Our Walmart never has the new stuff. I have better luck finding them at Target.
Which Yellow do you want Top up or Top Down? I will check around. Sam's might have one! Oh and do you want the mirrors like the concept or how they are now? did you check out Chevymall.com.

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
Digital said:
Interesting! I see they have taken the marker lights out of the front grill. I have been wondering how that would look...

Now all I have to do is find someone to fabricate a new cross bar that reaches to the edge of the headlights (rather than through them), move the markers into the center of the headlights, and replace the grill bar where they were with a solid one...Hey Marc / Buffy, lets see some photochops of this?

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,655 Posts
Great JOB

Hey Big Jim,

I knew we could count on you making something up... great job as always!

Hmmmm I see you used an awesome color to use for an example... :)

BTW: I Love your new red hat!:thumbs

·
Premium Member
6,384 Posts
Diecast Models

wildcat66 said:
I haven't seen the BaddRide SSR at any stores yet. Maybe ToysRus will have them. Our Walmart never has the new stuff. I have better luck finding them at Target.
Which Yellow do you want Top up or Top Down? I will check around. Sam's might have one! Oh and do you want the mirrors like the concept or how they are now? did you check out Chevymall.com.

Wilcat66, thanks for the info. For what its worth I asked a guy at a die cast toy display this past summer as to why cetain Diecasts can only be found on eBay. He said they enter this country on the East and West coasts and sometimes do not make it far inland before they are snatched-up.

Scott 0168

·
Registered
160 Posts
Devastator said:
Just got 2 new SSR's :yesnod at Wal-mart . They are "1 BADD RIDE " series 1 . two tone 2005 First one is top SMOKIN' ASPHALT , bottom SLINGSHOT YELLOW with dual tips on dual exhausts . Second one is top , Candy apple red met. , bottom Pearl white met. . Both come with a card matching paint job , on back of card , it reads

427 LS1
675 RWHP
650 Ft.Lbs.
6 Speed Transmission
Rear mounted fuel cell
5-point racing harness

web site www.1BADDRIDE.com

I think they were $2.59 a piece
Those are beauty's, I'm still concidering painting my SSr to look look like the yellow/black version.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,377 Posts
Wildcat66,
If you find a yellow at Sams with the top either way but with the current version body, not the prototype, I would be interested. Thanks for looking.

Devastator, thanks for the price update, hopefylly they will arrive in my stores soon. The Badd Ride 1/64 at $2.90 something is a killer deal, they are going for about $5.00 each on EBay. I knew they would be cheaper once they hit the stores. I did find a few online retailers that would sell the entire 12 car set of "Release 1" cars but I don't want to spend the big bucks and have 10 vehicles that I would have to resell. They are also going to release a second set but I don't now exactly what cars are going to be in it. I LOVE the yellow and black combo and seriously thinking about doing it to mine.

Mike
:seeya

wildcat66 said:

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I found the two BaddRides at Wallyworld today , one of each is all they had!!! And something new for the collector, Matchbox has a new toy Action Launcher, it comes with five vehicles, One is a black SSR and a box that launches the cars. It shows an orange SSR on the cover :) Got that at walmart too. and new road ripper with is purple/violet on top and silver on bottom!!! Looks familar to a burned SSR members ride :(

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
went to ToysRus and found these (I already have them)
1, Yellow Road Ripper remote control,
2, JohnnyLight Poker series
1, JohnnyLight redline
1, Road Ripper Violet/purple over silver like pictured above.!!! N
Target had nothing:(

Both stores must have done well at Christmas the shelves were bare
NO BADD RIDES at all!!!

I am thinking of saving these to donate to a local meet or for the big one in Lansing. We could make up a SSR trivia game or something!!! What do you think?
OR I could sell them!! :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts