Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been old post about putting the Comp Cams LS1 1.85 roller Rockers in the 5.3 but I haven't seen any with the trouble I went through, I had the rockers, and high rpm kit, Comes with hd springs, Locks, Push rods and so on, They don't really fit, Had to bend the valve cover some or shave it, and take the baffles out, Now I have to worry about oil coming out, So the guy that did the job said he would try and make a small something to get the oil, Then there was the small leak he had to seal and other things that I can't think of right off hand, Can't use higher after market valve covers cause of the super chager, Never paid $1500 for this many headaches, But what I wanted to know is of the one that went with the rockers and full kit did you have all this trouble

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
You can fit the 1.8 non-adjustable rockers (some manufacturers) so long as they are not the full shaft type. The valve covers and coil brackets I am doing will work fine for your SSR. I will just need to take some measurements of the coils so you get the correct holes to mount them. You will need the 2" tall valve covers which are the tall ones. I will be selling 2 different styles, the tall and the short. Take a look at the thread about them. They should be going on sale next week and will include a new set of plug wires to compensate for the relocation of the coils.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Yes, you would think that GM would have gone to full roller rockers with these Gen III/IV engines. What is nice is that we can still see gains the old fasion way by reducing friction with a nice set of roller rockers. I have been really looking at the rockers that are offered right now. Are the rockers that you installed adjustable or not? The newer shaft mount rockers are very nice and they are now offering adjustable shaft mount. Did you get a custom tune or dyno with your install?

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Here is something you should consider if you are getting oil from the PCV in the intake track. This is typical of forced induction engines as the crankcase gets preasurized and a small amount of oil gets pushed into the PCV which makes it way to the intake. I just purchased one and will follow up with pictures and results after the install.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...PageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the rockers I have are adjustable Comp Cam, I have never had a dyno run on the truck, Would be nice but the guys that work on it don't have one and it is a long ways to where they do, No tune yet either,I can feel the timming change from the last tune I will get that done when I am done with everything or closer to spring, I hope to have a HPTuner by then, A friend I race with has a 05 GTO LS2 and he wants to go in half on the tuner, You have to get two diff programs?, I will take it easy for a while but I did get on it after about 40 miles and it revs better, Sounds alittle diff to, No noise at all from the rockers, Hope this will drop it in the high 12's, I ran a best of 13.2 with pump gas so this and racing fuel with the timming up I don't see why it wouldn't and yes I will run a can on it, The one he showed me was from summit and cost more than that one form ebay so I would like to see the pictures when you get yours done

1 - 7 of 7 Posts