Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems as though my #1 key fob is about to die. I bought a new battery for it less than a month ago, but it has suddenly quit working. Any suggestions before I start looking for a new fob? Where would be the best place to locate one that will give me full functionality for the locks and the deck lid? Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
This will sound weird but, I'll throw it your way in case it has merit. A while back I had the same symptoms and found that if the number one (1)
key was in close proximity (in the dish) to my wife's key to her car, there was a drainage of power from her key and it would not open her door.
Since then the two (2) of them have been widely separated with no further drainage. Like I said, weird!! LAZY ONE

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
You can find them relatively cheap on Ebay. I think I bought Two for around 12 Dollars total. Took them along with My only other fob too a Locksmith and it costs around 30 dollars too program all three again for the R. Just make sure You get the Fob with four buttons so you will have Lock, Unlock, Cargo and Emergency alarm keys. I havent had an issue with either of the Fobs for over a year now. Good hunting.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,775 Posts
Check contact/connector on FOB receiver under waterfall.

Go to my SSR How to Library;

Look up BODY CONTROL MODULE

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Way down in instructions but shows you how to remove waterfall and body control module.

Key FOB receiver is above Body Control Module.

Dicktator

1. White module, FOB receiver under waterfall

Attachments

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
2004 SSR Ultra Violet
42,799 Posts
I’ve heard that finding the remotes with the shape of the SSR on trunk button are getting harder to find, so I’d suggest keeping the original and swap the internals, that way it LOOKS original!!:wink2:

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,147 Posts
SoonerSSR I bought a group of 3 off Ebay a while back and I have an extra #1.
numbers on the back are GM/Lear 15184352
FCC ID KOBLEARLEAR1XT
CANADA 3521 102 1718
the battery was removed so the inside looks clean. The front all looks good. Edge feels like it may have a small spot that catches your finger when you run it around the outside edge by where you open it. I would imagine this would smooth out with a nail file or a touch with a knife. It of course will have to be programmed to your truck I will take $25 for it shipped to you.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good AM stlhotrod:

Can you e-mail me when you have chance please. Or you can call me on my cell. 405-410-5445. I have a couple of questions about the key fob that you have.

Thank you,

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
858 Posts
I dropped my #1 key fob and it quit working. I took it apart the contacts on the inside had come un soldered so fixed that issue and it has worked fine since then. I did make the huge investment (lol) on a cover for the fob that I got from Mike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts