Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Caution Advised...

eBay auction #'s 2440204589 and 2440222480 both show the same VIN# ~ 1GCES14P93B100703. One in going to Wash DC (Black) and the other to the Chicago area (Yellow).

Be careful - neither of these has a phone # in the ad to call and ask questions, but the Chicago one seems more legit - the DC ad shows the seller as being resistered in the Netherlands...

GOOD LUCK. BE WISE!

Also, the highest VIN I've seen on eBay is # 822 - so they must be cranking out some trucks now. GM should post their monthly production on Monday the 3rd...

R

·
0 Posts
Very Common Scam now on ebay is these foreign people are stealing Ebay seller IDs and listing 1 day auctions for items that are hot (Plasma TV's, Honda Rune Motorcycle, SSr and who knows what else) for riduculously low prices and asking for immediate deposit via Western Union. BE CAREFUL. These people are ruining Ebay. So far all sellers I have seen have been in Europe trying to get us Americans to fall for their scams. GET ON THE BALL EBAY STAFF AND PROTECT US FROM THESE CON ARTISTS!!!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
True...

I emailed the scammer directly - he is a crook. Would not give me a phone # or the Correct VIN (said he made a typo). The Chicago dealer is valid - you can 'supersize' the photos and see the invoice. That dealer has reported the listing to eBay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true

Thanks for the good information kwhopper89 and realprowlerfan.
I have a 2003 orderd from a small Illinois dealer. may be a 2004 by the time they get the order. I am not in a big rush. I would like to be able to spec the 2004 chrome wheels, Ultra Violet paint and painted running boards. I hope e-bay can take care of this scam before someone gets taken!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts