Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove from near Baltinore to Long Island, NY and then up to northern Vermont (near the Canadian border) and back to Long Island over the weekend. Over 1100 miles in 4 days.

The car was perfect! Averaged about 16 mpg and wow you can really go a great distance bewteen fill-ups.

And since I always used to let go of the 'top up' button after the two 'dings' I never realized the windows went up automatically. I was showing the top feature to a friend and was talking after the dings so I didn't let go immeduately and up went the windows.

Just in case there are other people out there who never held the button long enough.....

man I love this car!

rick :cheers

·
Registered
413 Posts
I did not know that and I thought I new all the features

·
Registered
218 Posts
Learn something new every post you read
Had a great driving day in PA today
Thanks for the tip
Tom
:D

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
window feature

I was wondering why they wouldn't have that up feature, if they seemed to have thought of everything. I am going out to my garage to try it right now. Thanks for the info. Happy Cruisin'

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
yeah

yeah, and what was that thing that was supposed to work, but didn't? :)

I try to read this forum everyday, and I know I've missed some posts too. I found out last week that if you hit the search for new messages button and you don't read through all of the messages it found, it will mark them as read anyway, so the next time you do a search it won't find those you didn't read.:)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Re: yeah

looking4_an_ssr said:
yeah, and what was that thing that was supposed to work, but didn't? :)
Looking4,

I suspect you are thinking of the window down feature that was supposed to happen when we pressed a button on the remote fob several times. Someone found it in the owners' manual, but no one got it to work.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
maybe

They crossed the wires and the window up feature now works where the fob down doesnt' It doesn't say anywhere in the book that the windows will go back up after the top. So who knows it is SSR Owners secret :)

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
The window up feature has always been there. The four presses of the fob to get the windows to go down was deactivated because too many of the test drivers were accidentally putting the windows down during bad weather. You don't remember how many times you hit the button when you are close enough to activate the door unlock and you got the windows also. This is not a good thing when it is pouring down rain.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
disabled

I guess that's a reason.....

Is there anyway to re-enable it?

I'm sure that half the people that own an SSR won't drive it in the rain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts