Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have LOVED the SSRs since they first came out. However - I refused to pay the $8K - $15K the OKC dealers asked for them when they came out. Then the convertible PT Cruisers came out and I impulse bought one. It's really awesome and I love it BUT I still have a thing for the SSRs. Now the OKC dealers are offering $12,000 off sticker on the 2004 SSRs AND 0% interest.

I need help! Do you all think I should try to trade my 2005 Cruiser in (probably lose my butt) to get a 2004 SSR? I wouldn't mind losing a little money if I thought the SSR might go up (or at least stabilize) in the future. But I'm concerned that the 300 HP SSRs are going to completely lose their value with the 390 HP ones coming out. Please help!!!

:confused

M

·
0 Posts
Buy for the Right REASON

kellyinok,

Do not buy an SSR for a finanical investment, possibly your grandchildren may see any appreciation and only if you take real good care of it before you die.

Buy the SSR because: you like it, you think it's cool, or you just have to have it. Your reward will become apparent when you drive it.

I am a pretty shy person who likes Chevys and it is embarrasing the attention that this car draws. While I have not previously included my current or past rides in this forum, I currently own: 1999 C5 triple black convertible, 2001 Camaro Z/28, SS triple black convertible, 2003 Silverado SS, red and a 2004 SSR black on black.

My point is that the SSR gains far more attention than all of the others combined, amazing!

If you have to get rid of the PT, sell it don't trade it. It is hard enough for most people to get a good deal with out a trade-in. With a trade in you will likely lose on both cars. Good luck!

:nono

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Right now you can buy an 03 or 04 for close to 30K 35K. Considering they were at the very least, 48K last year at this time, I would not hesitate to ditch the PT and get an 03 or 04 at these ridiculously low prices. it is not an investment, but man, you are missing out on the fun of a lifetime driving these SSR's. Go for it....I believe the the rag top PT was in the 28K range? Not much to loose.... :seeya

·
Registered
132 Posts
2004 ssr

Comment......if you can purchase a 2004 between 30-35k as Ed mentioned, I have to think there is a lot less potential downside on the future value for the 04 model. I would think there is more risk for greater depreciation if one pays 48k now for the 05 SSR.

I believe you can do a better deal on a 04 because of the factory rebates/incentives to dealers and to much inventory of the 04's; time of year etc.

Take your time and do your homework!

Good Luck

Frank

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks SO much for everyone's help! Looks like we'll try to work a deal and if it works, great! If not, we'll try again at a later date. It isn't like I have to drive a piece of poop home! I just never should have even sat down inside one of these SSRs!! Just not sure if it's lust, infatuation, true love, or all of the above!!! :flag

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Same

kellyinok said:
Thanks SO much for everyone's help! Looks like we'll try to work a deal and if it works, great! If not, we'll try again at a later date. It isn't like I have to drive a piece of poop home! I just never should have even sat down inside one of these SSRs!! Just not sure if it's lust, infatuation, true love, or all of the above!!! :flag
That was my downfall ( or stroke of luck ) I just stopped by a dealer at lunch to see how I fit in one...... it IS all of the above. :yesnod

·
Registered
186 Posts
Obsessed

Ya that was it all the above at first i really wasn't attracted to the SSR then i looked at it a few more times and it was over i had to have.I got the UV because it kinda of matches my other toys lol.So Happy Trails keep the rubber right side up. :yesnod

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
Yup - all of the above, plus obsession.

I started lusting when I saw the concept on TV, then it became an obsession. Had to have it!!! When I got into it for the first time and started driving, it became true love.

My wife's OK sharing the love, though - cruising through the northwest, going to Vegas for SEMA, the Grand Canyon, top down through Huntington Beach, Monterey, Pebble Beach, San Francisco, over to Napa, then back through the redwoods - it was an awesome 3 weeks. Could NOT have done it with a Vette - that trunk is awesome.

Wouldn't have been nearly as much fun in our Duramax Crew Cab.

Besides, it's our duty to be out as much as possible making other people happy. Nothing I've ever driven brings so many smiles to so many faces.

Ray

·
Registered
103 Posts
PT Cruiser Or SSR

No comparison can be made. We owned a cruiser, fun, but no where like the SSR. Chrysler has flooded the market with the cruiser. Chevrolet has been a little more discreet with the SSR, but neither is an investment. :nodno HAVE FUN, It's only money and you cannot take it with you. The last check I write will bounce. :reddevil

·
Registered
222 Posts
Still gettin comments

4 all ya'll out there who r rackin ur brains, wretchin n twitchin n bed at nite as 2 wether or not 2 buy 1 of these Honeys. Jus do it!!!! U will not b disappointed. :nodno

I was 1 of the lucky few who were able 2 buy 1 of the 1st SSR's made. #17 of 25 Sig. Series, 4 those of u who don't know me. It is also known as the "Rock n Roll Tour Edition"

When I went lookin 4 an SSR I decided 2 try 2 get 1 of those 1st 25 produced. Luckily I found her n bought it 4 much more than ua'll even dreamed of payin 4 ur's. :eek Yes, I considered the potential it had as an investment but most of all its was jus 2 damn kool!!! :cool If I was unable 2 get 1 of the 1st, I still wuda purchased n SSR anyway. :yesnod

U can't waste ur life worry'n bout wudda, shudda, cudda stuff. U did what u did n were Happy when u did it. :) If I lose $$$'s on my ride when I finally sell it, :eek so b it. :skep I've seen 2 much crap go down in my life that this is the least of my worries, as it shud b 2 all. :yesnod

I still lov drivin her round town n watchin the people point n wave n those "Foxes" justa dyin 4 me 2 ask'm if they want 2 go 4 a ride down the beach. :yesnod

Jus the other day I had 2, count'm, 2 woman at different times, cum runnin up 2 the car n said, "I saw a Red 1 of those jus 2 days ago." n "I lov that car....what is it?" Which I think proves that I made the rite decision cause I'm jus a crazy ol egomaniac at heart anyway.

Oh, BTW, hav a Very Merry Christmas or whatever n a Happy, Healthy n Prosperous New Year 2 all.
:cool

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,777 Posts
Hey 17........Penelope here

The "I don't feel old".....quote is a Bob Hope classic, is it not? :lol

Peace :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay! You Convinced Me!!!!

Alright Already!

It's a done deal!!! I'm the proud new owner of a bright and shiney RED SSR!!

My husband made the deal and brought it home for me.

Only one small problem - my new Sweetheart is safely tucked into my garage in Oklahoma and I'm stuck in Turkey with the Air Force! POO!!!

I'm scheduled for leave in January though. Heaven forbid anyone try to cancel my leave!!! I got to drive my new baby and thank my husband!!!

Thanks to you all for your comments. Glad I fell in with the "right" crowd! :cool

·
Registered
222 Posts
Mr. Hope

Purple Penelope said:
The "I don't feel old".....quote is a Bob Hope classic, is it not?
Peace
I believe ur absolutly correct, my Dear. Twas Mr. Hope who espoused those words n unfortunately I don't know from wence they came. But they r a gem if I say so myself. :lol

Anyway, I'm glad 4 our new member Kelly, stuck in a Turkey or sumthin, :eek who has becum the proud and Happy :) owner of a brand spanking new SSR. :grouphug Way 2 go Kellys husband!!!! :thumbs

I REALLY wud like 2 b her husband the day she gets outta that Turkey though. Hold on 2 ur butt hubbster, I think ur in 4 a GREAT ride!!!! Mayb get 2 ride in the SSR 2!!! :jester :glol :glol :party

:cool

1 - 15 of 15 Posts