Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crusing through Laurel, Maryland tonight on route 1, I saw a redline red ssr.
I pulled off to the side, and after his light changed he pulled off too. I gave him a card for the sight, he said he would check it out.
He has a # 14 vin, and all the paper work to prove it. He said it was used by GM to show the SSR. Nice guy, asked him and his wife to go on O.C. cruise with us on May 21 st. :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
The Signature Series have their own numbers. The VINs started over at 001. These early vehicles were part of the captive test fleet and sold as company used cars. Many of them went to employees. Some of the very early ones were bought by GM executives. 001 went to Wayne Cherry, 002 went to Gary Cowger. I have the details on this but have not had time to publish the information.

·
Registered
601 Posts
david said:
Crusing through Laurel, Maryland tonight on route 1, I saw a redline red ssr.
I pulled off to the side, and after his light changed he pulled off too. I gave him a card for the sight, he said he would check it out.
He has a # 14 vin, and all the paper work to prove it. He said it was used by GM to show the SSR. Nice guy, asked him and his wife to go on O.C. cruise with us on May 21 st. :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr

David,

Does he live in Laurel? I would love to meet up with him too just to say Hi. I see you got your tags in. I know you and Tanja are happy. I hope he joins us on the Cruise to O.C..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts