Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lynn (SSRBRAT) and i just got back to SoCal after spending a week in Vegas

Had an interesting problem with the speedo after stopping in Barstow for lunch

Lynn had driven from OC to Barstow and i was going to drive from Barstow to Vegas

Got back onto I-15 and merged into traffic

I asked Lynn how fast she had been running so i could set the cruise

I set it on 70 mph, but the surrounding trafffic was flying past

I went about 2 miles like this and finally said "screw this" and punched it to get up to the flow of traffic

I looked at the speedo when i caught up to everyone and it showed me doing 140 mph at only 2500 rpms.....lol

In all actuality I was only doing 68 mph (verified on the GPS Navigation system she has), but the speedo was pegged between 135 & 140 (ya never have the camera inside the vehicle when you need it)

We stopped shortly after this at a rest stop and the speedo at full stop only dropped down to 30 mph

Drove awhile longer and it was back to normal

Drove awhile longer and it was back to 120 to 130 mph

Damn truck is Bi-Polar or something

Dealership in Vegas said that they would have to send the entire gauge package back to California to be fixed and we would lose the truck for 4 days

We declined, and now everything is back to working fine again

Anyone else have this problem yet?

Regards,

Ray :cool

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Have not had that problem, however, when i took a little trip to Warren Mi., last summer, I heard rumors of someone travelling on the Highway thru Missouri going roughly 110-125, depending on the terrain. now personally I would never condone that type of driving. :nono :nono :nono I am just glad that person got to where they were going without incedent.

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
That wouldn't happen to have been?

An Aqua blur with Texas plates would it? :nono

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
140 at 2500

work at dealer.there are problems with the guge cluster going wierd.only real fix is to have it changed out

·
Registered
192 Posts
Though the numbers don't work out right, are you sure you didn't have it set on metric (kph?) I've accidentally switched my wife's Trailblazer to metric a few times and looked down and had a moment of panic at how fast I was going... :lol

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Speedo

My speedo pulled this over the weekend...

Looked down and needle was pointing straight down... Rebooted (err shut off/ restarted SSR) and watched the needle try to do 'the sweep' - but seemed like it hung up a bit. Continued to drive - and from what I could tell the needle was 180 degrees off. Rebooted at the next Starbucks - saw the gauge "Zero Out" at the 30mph mark.

Restarted again - zeroed out at 25
Restarted again - zeroed out at 20
Restarted again - zeroed out at 15
Restarted again - zeroed out at 10
Restarted again - zeroed out at 05
Restarted again - Stopped at zero and has been fine ever since...

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

I have the same story as Keith ……….. Only happened once.

·
Premium Member
31,685 Posts
Does Bill Gates moonlight for GM?

kwhopper89 said:
Rebooted (err shut off/ restarted SSR)
You'd think that the SSR is running Windoze for all the computer glitches that seem to occur! :glol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts