Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2020 Beach Cruise is the 20th Anniversary of this great event.

25 SSRs coming to the 2020 Beach Cruise as of February 28 2020

Below is Episode 5 Season 22 of My Classic Car with Dennis Gage, at the 2017 Peach City Beach Cruise in Penticton, BC

Schedule:

Thursday:

Zia's - Meet and Greet - Cocktails 6 PM, Dinner at 7 PM - Separate bills

Link to Zia's website

Zias Stonehouse Restaurant, Summerland, British Columbia

Link to Zia's Thursday Night thread on SSRFanatic Coming soon

Friday:

• Registration from 9 AM at the Lakeside Resort
    • Wine Cruise, Cruising all day Friday
    • Parade - Gather at 4:30, parade at 5:30
    • Show and Shine - Rotary Park, reserved parking for SSRs
    • Gyro Park - Entertainment afternoon and evening. Featured Entertainment 10 PM
    • Dinner at your leisure - lots of restaurants to choose from.
Saturday

- Car Show from 8 AM *** All registered SSRs must be in Rotary Park

• 5 PM - Winding Road Cruise/Tickleberrys
    • 8 PM - Group Dinner TBA
    • 10 PM - Feature Entertainment in Gyro Park
Sunday:

Awards at 11 AM - 12:30 PM

Cost:

Beach Cruise Registration ($40, $45 After June 1 2020) and any clothing purchase (optional) are paid directly to the Beach Cruise

Passports are required for all movements between Canada and the US.

Link to the Penticton Tourism Website

Visit Penticton | Official Tourism Penticton

Our SSRs will be on the grass at Rotary Park Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. Security will be on site, eliminating the logistics of parking at the hotel.

Registrations for the 2019 Beach Cruise was 850 cars, which was a sellout. Registration was shut down prior to the show.

The setting is spectacular. The car show is staged from the Lakeside Resort Hotel (The long pier at the center of the photo) all the way to the SS Sicamous, at the far right, just before the river channel.

SSR parking will be in the park area to the right of the hotel on the photo below. We'll be just off the beach, on grass, across from Gyro Park, the outdoor entertainment area and concessions.

Link to the Peach City Beach Cruise Home Page

Peach City Beach Cruise

Click on the photo galleries on the left side of the main page to see the quality of cars at previous shows.

Registration for the 2020 Peach City Beach Cruise is now online.

Model is SSR Class is SSR. Do NOT pay for VIP parking

Link to Online Registration

http://www.karelo.com/register.php?BID=673&BT=10&Ev=17345

Link to print a Mail-in Registration Form

http://peachcitybeachcruise.com/Registration and Schedule/Registration Form.pdf

Registration includes free entertainment at Gyro Park all weekend, Winery cruise on Friday afternoon, the Parade of Iron through the city Friday night, an evening show and shine Friday night, the car show Saturday and for Fanatics and friends a Cruise on Saturday evening, followed by dinner reservations at a nearby restaurant. Breakfast provided by Penticton Firefighters is available at a nominal cost on Saturday and Sunday.

Hotels

Lakeside Resort

The Lakeside Resort Hotel is a luxury hotel on the Beach. It has the Barking Parrot pub, the Bufflehead Pasta and Tapas Bar, a patio eating area, and the Hooded Merganser Restaurant built over the water.

If you check the photo of the hotel on the link below, the park area is just over top of the Hooded Merganser restaurant on the right, past the giant tree.

The Lakeside is very convenient, at the center of the Beach Cruise, next to Rotary Park.

I have booked 30 rooms, available from Thursday through Sunday.

Parkside - 235 double occupancy - Approximately $175 US
Beachside - 245 double occupancy
Lakeside - 255 double occupancy

Some upgrades to executive suites may be available. Please request when booking your room.

April 25 deadline to book rooms. 48 hour cancellation with no penalty.

Book by calling their toll-free number 1-800-663-9400. Booking is under SSR Fanatic.

Alternative Accomodations. These are a 10 - 15 minute walk or a short drive away.

Ramada Penticton Hotel

Penticton Coast Hotel (formerly Travelodge)

Days Inn & Conference Centre

Days Inn and Conference Centre Penticton

Sandman Hotel

There are a lot of other motels/hotels available, some at lower cost. The motels along Lakeshore Drive are convenient, but many are heavily booked already, so early booking is recommended.
Penticton%2520aerial%2520north-web.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Coming to the 2020 Beach Cruise. Names in bold have registered with the Beach Cruise

SSR Lou.................Lou and Yvonne....................Richmond, BC.....Yellow
VI Ken..................Ken and Sylvia......................Comox, BC...........Black
mikebike................Mike..................................Surrey, BC................Black/Silver
KellyO..................Kelly and Cyndy..................Stony Plain, AB........Black/silver
Jester.................Mark.....................................Puyallup, WA..........Aqua Blur
Redracr.............Glenn and Carol...................Orting, WA..........Red
Go n ByBy............Jack and Sandi...................Orting, WA...........Ultra Violet
..........................Michelle............................Ponoka, AS.............Ultra Violet
donnys05..........Donny and Lynn..............Orting, WA............Yellow/black
Dragn..............Peter and Cindy..................Langley, BC..........Silver
richsadams.......Richard and Sandy............Gearhart, OR.........Aqua Blur
xs-cash............Nathan and Bernie..............Edmonton, AB......Black/flames
........................Tom and Elaine...................High River, AB........Black
Stealth.............Fred and Ilona......................Port Ludlow, WA......Yellow
tickledpink.........Sue and Dave................Bellevue, WA...........Silver/pink flames
.........................Larry and Toni-Leigh.......Sherwood Park, AB.....Yellow
.........................David and Fran.................St Albert, AB..............Silver
Blue Streak........Dwight............................Pasadena, CA...........Pacific Blue
TruckNRod.......Dennis and Pam.............Newcastle, CA.......Black/Copper
Hollister SSR....Dennis and Sue.............Hollister, CA.........Yellow
Nape..................Robert............................Redmond, WA.......Aqua Blur
Big Guy.............Kyle and Fran...............Clearwater, BC.......Black/silver
doge..................Doug...............................Red Deer, AB.........Black
..........................Jim and Carol.................Sylvan Lake, AB.......Red

Cash.................Dale...............................Kamloops, BC.............Red

Friends of SSR

.......................Rex and Jean....................Orting, WA.................Corvette
......................Art and Jeanette.................Orting, WA.................Corvette

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Received a registration from Fred and Ilona (Stealth) from Port Ludlow, WA.

Adding them to the list of those coming to the Beach Cruise

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adding Jim and Carol from Sylvan Lake to the Beach Cruise list.

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are now at 20 SSRs for the 2020 Beach Cruise

We have added Toni from Sherwood Park, Alberta, David and Fran from St Albert, Alberta and Dwight (Blue Streak) from Pasadena.

I will update the original posts as soon as I get my editing privileges back. They were supposed to be ongoing, but once again, the gremlins on the new platform have taken over.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Just got registered...hotel reservations were made a couple of weeks ago. Dennis and Pam will be there...can’t wait!

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Gordy.

We are considering going again this year. IDK yet. Is it too early to head farther north afterwards, weather wise?

Dave

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't see Jim and Carol from Sylvan Lake on the list......
I will add their names to the "maybe" group. Carol said she would mail in a registration, but I haven't seen it yet.

Is 240 Gordy coming?

I'm waiting for an update on editing. I found the edit function hiding under the 3 dots at the top of the post, but now it's telling me I can't edit more than 7 posts in 10 days. This is where I would insert a "banghead" if it existed.

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got registered...hotel reservations were made a couple of weeks ago. Dennis and Pam will be there...can’t wait!
Great!!!! I will add Dennis and Pam as soon as my edit function is re-established.

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Gordy.

We are considering going again this year. IDK yet. Is it too early to head farther north afterwards, weather wise?

Dave
All main highways are fine much earlier than June. We annually have a large group coming from Alberta, either on the Yellowhead through Jasper (Highway 16) or through Calgary and Banff on Highway 1. You would have a great drive to Banff or Jasper, and a beautiful cruise on the Icefield highway between the two.

I think Dwight ran into some rough roads some years ago when he was experimenting with an off-highway cruise. He could fill you in on that.

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
California is now well represented at the 2020 Beach Cruise.

In addition to Dwight (Bluestreak), we are now welcoming Dennis and Pam (TruckNRod) and Dennis and Sue (Hollister SSR)

·
Spirited driver!
1,153 Posts
Glad the California team is represented. We are not going to make this year due to someone convincing me to go to work for them.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,660 Posts
Gordy.

Dave
Dave the north bound route to Jasper and down the ice highway to Banff then on to Calgary was what I attempted. Make sure you get the GPS programmed correctly. I made a bad turn near Jasper and ended up on a Logging HIGHWAY (gravel, two lane, Speed limit 75km/hr) with logging trucks running the other way spewing rocks. Not fun but now way out. I cannot speak for the Ice Highway since I did not get to drive it.

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,473 Posts
@Flassh I have a family commitment that weekend that I'm trying to get out of.....I'll keep you posted. I have the Bob Adam Jr. Long Distance Award that I won in Branson that has to be handed off at SSR's on the beach 2020.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
I got it three years ago I guess. We were thinking make this the end of the trip.

I heard some of the people from the great white north had trouble in October thought.

Dave

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,660 Posts
I got it three years ago I guess. We were thinking make this the end of the trip.

I heard some of the people from the great white north had trouble in October thought.

Dave
I think that was an early warning of the coming of winter, not the winter hanging on through August and September.(y)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts