Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #21
Added Kyle and Fran (Big Guy) from Clearwater, BC and Robert (Nape) from Redmond, WA to our group.

Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
Well heck Flassh! I'd be tempted to make the trip to meet you and Cash and a few others I've never met personally but I need to get a passport! I'll likely be done working about that time as I'm officially retired at age 63 on July 6th. Maybe I can get one by then but I hear it takes quite awhile! I'll work on it and let you know! That will be a heck of a road trip from Ohio! 馃槈

SSR Believer
Well heck Flassh! I'd be tempted to make the trip to meet you and Cash and a few others I've never met personally but I need to get a passport! I'll likely be done working about that time as I'm officially retired at age 63 on July 6th. Maybe I can get one by then but I hear it takes quite awhile! I'll work on it and let you know! That will be a heck of a road trip from Ohio! 馃槈
Just renewed the wife's pasport and it only took about three weeks from the time we sent the old one in to getting the new one.

IIRC there used to be a backlog when the U.S. started requiring passports for Mexican and Canadian travel, but from what I've read it's back to business as usual. Their website says to expect it to take 6 to 8 weeks. They have a 2 to 3 week expedited process - costs more of course. Either way, plenty of time, (y)

Would be great to see you there!

Spirited driver!
Do it Larry. I have been twice and loved it. @SSReplay made the trek from IL last year as part of a great road trip.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #25
Larry, It would be great to see you make the trip. Some great cruising and exploring to be done. If you can, leave some extra time to venture through the Rockies to Banff or Jasper, or both.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Just received a registration from Doug from Red Deer, AB

We are now up to 25 SSRs.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #27
After two weeks of deliberation, and discussions with the various permit issuers, it was becoming impossible to see a way to continue with the 2020 Beach Cruise.

With all restaurants closed, and even government rest stops closed, it was becoming more and more difficult to keep the pieces together. I contacted Zia's. They have no idea when they might re-open, and were not comfortable with a large crowd gathering, even if the virus concerns were subsiding.

I will let everyone know at a later date if the 2021 Beach Cruise will go ahead. All the Directors are getting older, and we are not seeing much interest from younger folks to take over the various responsibilities.

Ray

Premium Member
Ray @Flassh
My heart goes out to you and other volunteers of the PCBC, who I know spend countless hours making the show a success each year. Thank you all for your dedication.

COVID-19 has sure sent us all a curve ball, in many unexpected ways.

I, and hundreds of other attendees, hope that this does not see the demise of future PCBC shows.

SSR Believer
Very sad to hear that the show cannot go on, would have been our first. Sandy and I plus three guests that were joining us were really looking forward to it.

However we fully understand the situation. It is the right call. (y)

Hopefully we鈥檒l be able to make it next year, so keep our registration for 2021.

Thanks so much for all of your hard work on this. Be safe and stay healthy. 馃檹

BLU SSR
Ray,
I am very sad to hear this, but also understand your impossible situation. It is one of the better shows I have had the pleasure of attending and I want to thank you and your gang for all your efforts. Here's hoping that the younger folks realize what you have and step forward. When (not if) this craziness passes I think we need to have everyone make an organized effort to make the 2021 show, good Lord willing, we will be headed your way.
Again, thanks for your past efforts.
Jim

DSTRSSR
We appreciate all the effort that goes in to putting on such a fantastic weekend. We will certainly miss coming out to Penticton and we hope to see everyone next year. Stay safe!

Premium Member
Hi Ray. I too would like to add mention and appreciation of all the hours and efforts you and your fellow show staff have volunteered, solely to assure that exhibitors and town's people will have fun. AND I HAVE HAD FUN!. To all of Penticton citizens I would also like to extend a thumbs up for their participation, for walking up to us and praising our rides to our faces (no bore, just stroke) and especially for coming out to watch us parade through their streets. I can only hope they enjoyed it as much as I have, and hope to again. I will certainly miss the 2020 version of this most enjoyable car (truck) show. I hope Covid-19 doesn't carry over till 2021. And, speaking of 2021, if I don't request a refund of the entry fee and costs for selected apparel, will the fees and costs carry over? If not, will I need to make a formal request for refund, or have you and the other directors already begun arrangements to refund the fees? Beers to you and your entire crew!. Sure hope I get the chance to go out for ice-cream with you again, that's a really fun ride.

Premium Member
That is sad but not unexpected news. We greatly appreciated it when we attended.

Hopefully we can get together and then stick together and kick this virus in the aspirator. This SHOULD bring this country closer together internally and internationally. I pray every day that this happens and it continues that way.

As per ventilators that I had brought up previously from my daughter. Engineers believe that they have come up with a way to convert ventilators that would not meet this purpose to ones that can for about $100. These are add a great number to the supply. MIT should be releasing that info soon. They are developing a conversion that will let more than one patient on a ventilator at a time. This can probably be done on a 3D printer. Not optimum buy very helpful. It is an improvement on Italia came up with. They are making enormous strides in a very very short period time. If the public cooperates we can be gaining on getting back to normal fairly soon. Step by step.

God Speed to all.

Dave

Premium Member
The 2020 Beach Cruise is the 20th Anniversary of this great event.

25 SSRs coming to the 2020 Beach Cruise as of February 28 2020

Below is Episode 5 Season 22 of My Classic Car with Dennis Gage, at the 2017 Peach City Beach Cruise in Penticton, BC

Schedule:

Thursday:

Zia's - Meet and Greet - Cocktails 6 PM, Dinner at 7 PM - Separate bills

Link to Zia's website

Zias Stonehouse Restaurant, Summerland, British Columbia

Link to Zia's Thursday Night thread on SSRFanatic Coming soon

Friday:

• Registration from 9 AM at the Lakeside Resort
    • Wine Cruise, Cruising all day Friday
    • Parade - Gather at 4:30, parade at 5:30
    • Show and Shine - Rotary Park, reserved parking for SSRs
    • Gyro Park - Entertainment afternoon and evening. Featured Entertainment 10 PM
    • Dinner at your leisure - lots of restaurants to choose from.
Saturday

- Car Show from 8 AM *** All registered SSRs must be in Rotary Park

• 5 PM - Winding Road Cruise/Tickleberrys
    • 8 PM - Group Dinner TBA
    • 10 PM - Feature Entertainment in Gyro Park
Sunday:

Awards at 11 AM - 12:30 PM

Cost:

Beach Cruise Registration ($40, $45 After June 1 2020) and any clothing purchase (optional) are paid directly to the Beach Cruise

Passports are required for all movements between Canada and the US.

Link to the Penticton Tourism Website

Visit Penticton | Official Tourism Penticton

Our SSRs will be on the grass at Rotary Park Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. Security will be on site, eliminating the logistics of parking at the hotel.

Registrations for the 2019 Beach Cruise was 850 cars, which was a sellout. Registration was shut down prior to the show.

The setting is spectacular. The car show is staged from the Lakeside Resort Hotel (The long pier at the center of the photo) all the way to the SS Sicamous, at the far right, just before the river channel.

SSR parking will be in the park area to the right of the hotel on the photo below. We'll be just off the beach, on grass, across from Gyro Park, the outdoor entertainment area and concessions.

Link to the Peach City Beach Cruise Home Page

Peach City Beach Cruise

Click on the photo galleries on the left side of the main page to see the quality of cars at previous shows.

Registration for the 2020 Peach City Beach Cruise is now online.

Model is SSR Class is SSR. Do NOT pay for VIP parking

Link to Online Registration

http://www.karelo.com/register.php?BID=673&BT=10&Ev=17345

Link to print a Mail-in Registration Form

http://peachcitybeachcruise.com/Registration and Schedule/Registration Form.pdf

Registration includes free entertainment at Gyro Park all weekend, Winery cruise on Friday afternoon, the Parade of Iron through the city Friday night, an evening show and shine Friday night, the car show Saturday and for Fanatics and friends a Cruise on Saturday evening, followed by dinner reservations at a nearby restaurant. Breakfast provided by Penticton Firefighters is available at a nominal cost on Saturday and Sunday.

Hotels

Lakeside Resort

The Lakeside Resort Hotel is a luxury hotel on the Beach. It has the Barking Parrot pub, the Bufflehead Pasta and Tapas Bar, a patio eating area, and the Hooded Merganser Restaurant built over the water.

If you check the photo of the hotel on the link below, the park area is just over top of the Hooded Merganser restaurant on the right, past the giant tree.

The Lakeside is very convenient, at the center of the Beach Cruise, next to Rotary Park.

I have booked 30 rooms, available from Thursday through Sunday.

Parkside - 235 double occupancy - Approximately $175 US
Beachside - 245 double occupancy
Lakeside - 255 double occupancy

Some upgrades to executive suites may be available. Please request when booking your room.

April 25 deadline to book rooms. 48 hour cancellation with no penalty.

Book by calling their toll-free number 1-800-663-9400. Booking is under SSR Fanatic.

Alternative Accomodations. These are a 10 - 15 minute walk or a short drive away.

Ramada Penticton Hotel

Penticton Coast Hotel (formerly Travelodge)

Days Inn & Conference Centre

Days Inn and Conference Centre Penticton

Sandman Hotel

There are a lot of other motels/hotels available, some at lower cost. The motels along Lakeshore Drive are convenient, but many are heavily booked already, so early booking is recommended. View attachment 569023

Premium Member
Flash,
I was sad to hear the cruise is cancelled but was not surprised. The 5 of us
from Orting are going to leave our registration intact as we are definitely attending net year. You work so hard at making your event a great one and I understand it is tough on you and your volunteers to have put in long hours to make the event possible and then have to shut it down. Hopefully next year twice as many "R's will sign up.
Take care my friend and to all our Canadian friends stay well.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts