Chevy SSR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Hope this note is OK with both Ray and the forum Moderators.

I have just posted two For Sale ads in the SSR Toys, Memorabilia forum. Both are for SSR models/toys that are to be picked up/sold while at the Peach City Beach Cruise. For sale: Three 1:25 Maisto Special Edition SSR's (Redline, Ricochet Silver, Ultra Violet) and 1 Power Racer.

Here are the 2 links:

Hope there is some interest in them so that they don't have to make the journey back home again. Open to a package deal on the whole bunch. :)

See everyone in Penticton.

~ Ken & Sylvia

·
Premium Member
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Hope this note is OK with both Ray and the forum Moderators.

~ Ken & Sylvia
I will be there Saturday morning with a selection of the toys and memorabilia I have accumulated over the last 18 years.

Top of the list, my never used 1/8 scale remote control SSR, in black and cream with flames.. I had it sold, but finding packaging so it could ship safely was a long project, and the original deal went away. I have never tried to re-sell it, but will do so if it doesn't sell at the Beach Cruise. UPS shipping costs alone are a minimum of $95 US, depending on destination.

I have a lot of smaller SSRs that I will sell, and lots of SSR brochures and information.

My best smaller toy is a rare 1/18 scale Incredible Hulk truck done in ridiculously bright colors, never out of the box. Last one I saw on EBay was well over $100 US.

You can start a conversation if you want to discretely reserve anything.

·
Premium Member
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If anyone coming to the Beach Cruise needs a new set of satin running boards, I have an extra set I had purchased for a Signature truck, but never installed. They have sat quietly on a shelf for the last 10 plus years.

They are not in the box because of space, but are complete with the brackets and bolts. We could easily arrange to install them in my covered carport sometime during the Beach Cruise weekend. Save a couple hundred bucks in shipping.

I want $500 US for them, but without shipping costs, it's a sweet deal. If they don't sell here, I will advertise them on SSR Fanatic.

Reactions: richsadams

·
Premium Member
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
The two newest For Sale posts for running boards I could find were from 2014, at higher prices than mine. Maybe I'm giving them away.

Both sets were used. Mine are new, never exposed to the sun.

·
Premium Member
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I also have one new in package copy of Gary Witzenberg's book SSR an American Original. That is the SSR bible. I still go back to my beat up copy to check on information as needed.

I will sell it for $60 US. I think it will sell quickly so if interested, I will go with the first person to send me a conversation or reply here. No shipping if you pick it up at the Beach Cruise.

Reactions: richsadams

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
To everyone getting ready to head to Penticton, please check the weather forecast before leaving home. It is supposed to get progressively warmer up to 30oC (about 85oF) by Sunday. Shorts & flip flops ... :ROFLMAO:

Sylvia & I have arrived early and are taking advantage of the sunshine!

See everyone at Zia's on Thursday night.

·
SSR Believer
3,491 Posts
To everyone getting ready to head to Penticton, please check the weather forecast before leaving home. It is supposed to get progressively warmer up to 30oC (about 85oF) by Sunday. Shorts & flip flops ... :ROFLMAO:

Sylvia & I have arrived early and are taking advantage of the sunshine!

See everyone at Zia's on Thursday night.
Half way there tonight and it’s HOT already. Not PHX hot but… 🥵. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Half way there tonight and it’s HOT already. Not PHX hot but… 🥵. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Might see you on the way. We’ll be crossing the border at Sumas hopefully around 11:30 am. Our plan is to take Hwys 1 & 3 via Princeton and make an afternoon stop at some wineries in Keremeos
Rus & Holly

·
SSR Believer
3,491 Posts
Got back last night. Phew! Trip home was kind of brutal. All was well until we got to the Oregon/Washington border. The main east/west highway along the border (Columbia River) in Oregon was closed in both directions. A large semi hauling a crane had a blowout, lost it all and caught fire. That meant that everyone on the four-lane Interstate on the Oregon side had to use the two-lane twisty turrny road on the Washington side. Traffic was at a stand-still for dozens of miles - on one of the hottest days ever recorded for that date. The DIC showed 106 degrees outside and our SUV "chase car" temp gauge stopped working at 122 degrees. 🥵 (It wasn't that hot, but the sensor is somewhere near the engine bay.)

So the last leg of our trip was supposed to be about 3.5 hours. Took over 6 hours with most of that crawling along at <10MPH. 😣 The good news is that I had recently replaced all of the hoses, thermostat, surge tank and cap with Mike's and it held at a steady 207 degrees with and without the A/C blasting (as best it could). Rock-solid cooling system thank the good Lord! 🙏 Saw a few other less fortunate folks on the side of the road including a beautiful Pantera that had been at the show.

An exhausting, sweat-soaked last day of our adventure. Sorry, had to get that off my chest. ;)

The rest of the trip was terrific though! Great company, great car show and plenty of ice cream and memories. I'll go through all of our photos and post some later.
Speedometer Automotive design Gauge Motor vehicle Rim
Speedometer Gauge Motor vehicle Measuring instrument Tachometer

21 - 40 of 49 Posts