Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Steve and I recently purchased #15 of the 25 2003 SSR's. I really couldn't be happier. A fun and cool truck that is a little special.

I'm wondering if any of the other 24 owners are out there, and if so what you do for insurance. Being one of 25 has got to bring the value up and though it's not the Fender SSR I want to make sure that I get it insured correctly. So the question becomes what do you do to get a declared value on your vehicle, and how did you find someone to give you a declared value? I live in the sticks so it's tough to find someone that would have an idea on how to value it. I saw #11 from the Doobies listed on e-bay but I'm pretty comfortable saying it's not worth any where near that. LOL

Suggestions and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

· Spirited driver!
2006 3SS
2,037 Posts
Hi Steve,

Welcome from Northern California and congrats on getting one of the very special ones. I would suggest two things:

1. Go to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then when you have a problem, we know what you have, and if needed, someone close might be able to help out.

2. IF it all possible, come join us at the International Rally in Denison, TX in October where you will see 150 SSR's and meet nearly 300 of your new family of fanatics. Here is a link to the thread: Int'l Rally

Lance (PokerGuy)

· Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
6,852 Posts
Steve, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I think the only way to get "declared value" is going through one of the classic car companies. Usually the car has to be 25 years old to be a Classic, and some conditions pertaining to Garaged, millage, use, etc. It seems some have gotten it covered as a "Specialty" vehicle. So-- Welcome from Forney Texas!!! . And, do update your "Profile"

Nick

· Premium Member
279 Posts
Hi - Welcome from #20 and soon to be owner of #14 (I hope I win it)

I have nationwide insurance - not old enough to be a classic - I had to insure it for more than they said it was worth - I insured it for $30,000.

This is a great site for information and help - everyone is so nice and helpful

· BAD BOW TIE
12,121 Posts
A big hearty welcome from sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

· Slingshot Rules!
89,938 Posts
CONGRATS and WELCOME, Steve . . . from Southern Arizona.

As for Declared Value Insurance . . . the local AAA Insurance Agent was able to write a declared value policy on The Bummer (1986 Jeep CJ-7). He took care of all the details including vehicle verification and picture processing. Everything went smoothly and the policy has been in force for a few years now.

If you are in Arizona, I bet he would be able to help you but crossing state lines may be a "No No."

Good Luck.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !

· Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
5,982 Posts
Welcome to The Fanatic Family Steve! I have no idea about the insurance question that you have but I know there are several other Signature Series owners out there that will be touching base with you shortly!

Thanks for stepping up and purchasing one of these special SSRs!

Enjoy that Perma-grin! :grin2:

· Registered
5,214 Posts
Welcome from noRthwest N.J.
The Fender SSR would be worthless, as it would be a fake. The Gibson SSR, now there is a valuable SSR. Easy $50k.
Anyway, ANY SSR should be insured for stated value, for yours, $50k is not out of the question.
If you meet the criteria for collectors insurance (limited travel destinations, properly garaged and such), I would get Grundy or Haggerty. Collector insurance companies understand the expense to repair a vehicle that is hard to get parts for. And, in the worse case senerio, a total loss payout for collector value, not "blue book".

· One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,626 Posts
Welcome to the SSR Family. As others have said. please let us know where you are and a bit about yourself by filling in the blanks in your profile at the User CP (button in upper right on the screen) Generalities will work until you get comfortable here. If you can make it to Denison for the International Rally that would be great. If you can brin #15 that would be even better, but if you are far off we would understand. Would still bee an experience for you and let you know how passionate we are about our trucks.

· Premium Member
51,671 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

Congrats on your new SS :purple: great colour and has history. :thumbs

I'm also trying to get a set value for my SSR's with my insurance company, just trying to figure my options!

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

· Tech Support/Research
2,005 Posts
SSR Insurance

Welcome to the Forum.

Here are a couple of forum threads that discuss insurance coverage for your SSR. There are other threads as well. A basic question you should answer before shopping for coverage is how you plan to use the truck. Most Specialty/Collector insurance companies offer agreed value policies but also impose restrictions on use (e.g., no commuting or use as a daily driver, annual mileage limits, etc.) so it's important to have your plans defined to obtain what's right for you.

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f4/insurance-129609/

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f4/ssr-insurance-159586/

· Super Moderator
14,391 Posts
Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Steve and I recently purchased #15 of the 25 2003 SSR's. I really couldn't be happier. A fun and cool truck that is a little special.

I'm wondering if any of the other 24 owners are out there, and if so what you do for insurance. Being one of 25 has got to bring the value up and though it's not the Fender SSR I want to make sure that I get it insured correctly. So the question becomes what do you do to get a declared value on your vehicle, and how did you find someone to give you a declared value? I live in the sticks so it's tough to find someone that would have an idea on how to value it. I saw #11 from the Doobies listed on e-bay but I'm pretty comfortable saying it's not worth any where near that. LOL

Suggestions and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!
Steve - I simply don't have the time right now but as everyone so far have given you the big welcome of course the same from me.
Flassh is the guy regarding Signatures but for sure I want to meet you as well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.