Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing the Zirgo 16" fan. I cannot locate where I saw a zip tie kit specifically for this application. As I recall it had four cushioned mounts that were zip tied to the new fan and the OEM shroud. I've searched and came up with "ZIP"! Need help THX

·
Registered
421 Posts
I used these.

Universal Pull Tie Fan Mounting Kit

Universal Pull Tie Fan Mounting Kits allow for easy installation of aftermarket electric fans. They come with 4 sets of pul ties and recepticles, 8 foam rubber cushions to protect the radiator, and 4 springs to cushion shock.

http://www.absoluteradiator.com/Accessories.asp

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
billso3z: Let me know how this replacement fan works out for you. I have waiting for the frst CONFIRMED successful, easy replacement fan installs to be reported here.

A couple of owners have posted indicating that they are trying one fan or another, but I haven't seen follow-up postings on success or lack of in actual use.

Jim G

·
Registered
421 Posts
Here you go, Jim!

16" Zirgo. 3800 CFM and works fan-tastic. Very quiet. But if you hold up a piece of paper near my front grill, the fan will suck it in and hold it on the grill.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
matjow: What I don't like after viewing the photo is the fact that the fan assembly is mounted to the radiator via ties, rather than using the stock mounting points.

I would have really liked this if brackets had been used to mount to those stock points.

3800 cfm sounds AWESOME!!

At idle, can you feel any airflow OUT of the underhood area, either at the hood to fender interfaces, behind hood rear edge, or under either fender?

Jim G

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jim I will report on my installtion and operation of the 16"Zirgo fan as requested Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts