Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm considering a few different wheels now and some are not offered in 19". Anybody have experience putting 18's on the front and clearing the brake calipers with no issues?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,468 Posts
So I'm considering a few different wheels now and some are not offered in 19". Anybody have experience putting 18's on the front and clearing the brake calipers with no issues?
Stock Trailblazer 17" will fit so I do not see why an 18" would not work . Just make sure they are 6 lug 5" diameter centers.

·
Premium Member
3,370 Posts
You can go with a front tire that is taller side walled to get the same height. However, you will notice the difference between the 1" radius difference from the 20" and 18 of the wheels from the side view.

I would like to go 18" smoothies all the way around and taller side walls some time for a more retro look. However they would have to be custom made from my experience.

IJS

Dave

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Myself I'd stick to 20's on the rear. I'd much rather stick to 19's on the front but I'm looking at American Racing smoothies named Sombrero and it jumps from 18 to 20 on choices. Maybe I could get a little taller tire up front but I'm not sure the proportions would look right. First choice... keep tire and wheel sizes the same as stock! Which may influence the wheel choice tremendously.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts