Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Crazy Horse
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 19 inch chrome rim that has a little damage that a body shop did when they removed it for painting.
Would be great as a spare tire.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,026 Posts
If you plan to use it for a spare it won't work on all 4 corners because of not clearing the brakes. Need a 17 inch. Just as tip.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,026 Posts
Still not seeing your reasoning that a 17" wheel will clear brakes that a 19" wheel won't?
I think it is the offset and also the circumference of the tire. There has been much discussion on this before . If you use the 17 it will fit both front and back. I got mine from a wrecking yard works fine. Test bolted it front and back and it works fine.

Spare Tire from a TrailBlazer or Envoy, 17X7 225/65-17. Hope this helps.

If you use the search button above for Spare tire or wheel it tells you all about it.

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
He's thinking a spare but you need a replacement. 17 is the minimum but the 19 will fit fine.
By the way, Continental tires have a wheel saver design that prevents curb rash.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,918 Posts
I think it is the offset and also the circumference of the tire. There has been much discussion on this before . If you use the 17 it will fit both front and back. I got mine from a wrecking yard works fine. Test bolted it front and back and it works fine.

If you use the search button above for Spare tire or wheel it tells you all about it.
If you have MGP Caliper covers installed make sure you remove them before installing the spare or you will hear a horrible noise and have a wadded up piece of aluminum instead of a caliper cover after driving. Add a small wrench to remove the cover nuts to your tool kit.
Greg

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,026 Posts
If you have MGP Caliper covers installed make sure you remove them before installing the spare or you will hear a horrible noise and have a wadded up piece of aluminum instead of a caliper cover after driving. Add a small wrench to remove the cover nuts to your tool kit.
Greg
Already figured that out and wrench is in my spare kit. I have everything except a jack. Still looking for an electric one. In the mean time I have roadside assistance for the jack part.

·
Registered
11 Posts

yeah must be the offset of the front wheel not fitting the rear brakes without a spacer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts