Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,935 Posts
Stunning!
What a great donation!
It is an SSR - at least a redo - look at all dash stuff - I would like to know it's VIN
I think it is one of our Deceased Guys
But certainly I could be wrong - maybe just using our dash
But I think it is one of ours

·
Super Moderator
13,935 Posts
I make a lot of mistakes - don't read between the lines - and I need to apologize for this
I did not know about Darryl Gwynn's circumstances - I have to keep up on my stuff better

I have to edit this
I have some memory crap going on
Of course Gwynn does some huge stuff at Barrett Jackson - hopefully, I have remembered that correctly,

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I'm telling you SSRfanatic Guys & Gals there used to be one very similar, and I said very similar, like that one that showed up at the Friday Night Cruise In, when we had them out at Belk's Department Store here in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Note this one has GEORGIA plates. I do remember it had the SSR fenders, but I don't remember any other details as that's been 6 or 7 years ago. Please note I didn't say "I saw one just like it" I said "Similar" !!! It coulda' been this one Who Know's !!! :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

Nick Buoniconti (great Italian name) was a Football Coach and his son was injured and paralyzed in a college football game several years ago while playing football for East Tennessee State University in Johnson City, Tennessee. He was not playing for his Dad at the time if I recall. I agree with CASH ...what a great Donation to the Buoniconti Fund !!! Hope it brings a 1,000,000 DOLLARS. :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,363 Posts
WOW!!! :surprise:

Yes, suddenly I'm in love again! The detail all throughout this build is beautiful. Really nice cohesive design flow everywhere in the truck.

The very best part though, is when you pop the hood. That clean custom look of the intake & injector area is nothing short of gorgeous.

images-11.jpeg

♥♡♥ - Wish it was parked in my garage!!! :x :wub:

===============
David :black:
2018-09-19-19-26-49--237748565.png

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,440 Posts
:|
Very nice except for the vertical bars mucking up the looks of the front end.........IMO.

I'd go back to a stock looking grille if it were mine.
:agree That truck is perfect but would look much better with a stock grill :grin2:

·
Tech Support/Research
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1950 ssr

Although much effort has been spent assembling this truck, there are a number of workmanship issues that remain to be sorted out within the passenger compartment. They involve fitup and finish of the ends of the instrument panel and of the console to the instrument panel, as well as the entire console and waterfall area. The ash tray has been removed for clearance with the console but not filled in or replaced, the passenger air bag has been removed in favor of a poorly fitted filler panel, etc.

It's clear that the SSR steel birdcage structure supporting the dash has been fitted to the 1950 truck cab, but developing a solution to finishing the ends with a complementary trim is a challenge.

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
I like the grille, it carries the shape of the hood down like earlier trucks when the fenders were along side, rather than integrated into, the engine pod. More of a hot rod look.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
:nerd:
Bruce, you should consider modifying your grille section to follow up with the vertical theme.

You already have frenched in headlights, I can envision you coming up with a new front end look that will showcase it all.:wink2:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,036 Posts
It seems like a good share of the totals have not too bad front or rear end damage. Being stock parts are hard to come by I am surprised some company hasn't come up with full front and rear clips like Volkswagen did years ago. You could make a beetle into a '40 ford front end, a Mercedes, Rolls Royce, Willy's coupe, etc. It could be a bolt on kit or like a kit car as long as the frame, drive-train, and top etc. were okay. Just wonder?

Seems like most radical customs kind of follow that thought pattern.

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
moscooter, the SSR hood and front fenders aren't prominent enough to go with that type design, the whole nose would have to be altered radically.

Auggie, the market is small and to make clips for the SSR you'd have to negotiate a licence deal from GM, or alter the appearance enough to not infringe on GM's property. Altered/custom clips probably wouldn't be acceptable to the insurance companies without crash data and liability coverage of any failures that might occur.

The only markets would be radical customizers and guys that accept a payout from the insurance and fix them on their own. But that gets into problems of registering and insuring with an altered title. I would guess most of the owners would rather take the money and run rather than get into it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts